REG 3A vs REG 4A Sub-State Match-Ups

TopDawg83

I believe BOTH Region 4A (District 7A) teams have punched their ticket to the 'Boro!!

Chattanooga girls basketball is no match for Upper Cumberland girls basketball no matter where it is played! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

GOOD LUCK LAMAR & the LADY BUFFS and BRENT & the LADY CATS from the VOICE of the DAWGS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done some analyzing of the scores and from what I can see, Pickett Co. @ CSAS is game of the night(outside of Upperman at McMinn Central), but game of the night in single A at least. Looks like, based on scores that it should be close. However, if the same PC team shows up tonight, they may as well stay in Byrdstown. I know CR is good, maybe even great, but we played scared...terrified even. Garner, Gibson, and Garret did not play anything like they did against JC. None of PC really played like they were hungry, honestly they played like they have accomplished enough. Let's hope thats not the case. Good luck to the lady cats in Chattanooga.

You can tell alot about a team by who their competition is night in and night out!

Even CoachT believes there is no comparison!

CSAS - Strength of Schedule = 87th

Pickett County - Strength of Schedule = 7th

Don't believe CSAS would be 10-0 if they played in D7A!

I agree that CSAS would not be 10-0 in 7A...not even close...but they have some athletes.

I also agree that Pickett Co. did not show up against CR....their big three could not crack the defense or even come close to cracking it....they need to go down their and play their guts out (knowing what is at stake).

I have done some analyzing of the scores and from what I can see, Pickett Co. @ CSAS is game of the night(outside of Upperman at McMinn Central), but game of the night in single A at least. Looks like, based on scores that it should be close. However, if the same PC team shows up tonight, they may as well stay in Byrdstown. I know CR is good, maybe even great, but we played scared...terrified even. Garner, Gibson, and Garret did not play anything like they did against JC. None of PC really played like they were hungry, honestly they played like they have accomplished enough. Let's hope thats not the case. Good luck to the lady cats in Chattanooga.

I hope that 24 is healthy and Byrdstown gets a crack at CSAS at full health. I believe that they could give them all they want. CR has made several good teams look pretty bad this year. Don't take that loss to hard.

Clarkrange vs. Copper Basin- I will keep this short, Clarkrange is so good I think they would make it to the state finals in AA, and AAA this year. I saw them play CSAS in the Substate last year and in the finals vs. Jackvson Co. they were really good then, and they are apparently from what I hear head and shoulders above where they were last year.

Prediction- Clarkrange 88, Copper Basin 40

CSAS vs. Pickett Co.- CSAS has beenhearing all year long that they a) play in a weak region and arent as good as their record and b. they cant play with the Upper Cumberland teams. This group of young ladies is very hungry to prove everyone wrong. Last year they were happy to make it to the sub state because they were the first girls team in school history to do so. The joy has worn off its all about business Coach Martin was an assistant on the boys state runner up team two years ago he knows what it takes to get to Murfreesboro.

Prediction- CSAS 60 Pickett Co. 53

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Good Luck to the Lady Bobcats

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Good Luck to the Clarkrange Buffalos

I would love to see these two teams in the Sate finals.

You can tell alot about a team by who their competition is night in and night out!

Even CoachT believes there is no comparison!

CSAS - Strength of Schedule = 87th

Pickett County - Strength of Schedule = 7th

Don't believe CSAS would be 10-0 if they played in D7A!

If your going by that then Jackson Co. should have beat Pickett Co. I dont think you can go by Strength of Schedule as everyone is saying its tourney time all the stuff that any team has done in the reagular season is throwed out because when tournament time comes around anything can go. Jackson Co. had the highest Strength of Schedule goin up against PC and they lost. But ethier way if PC win or lose they can be proud of their self because they have done something that hasnt been done in 20 years. But good luck to PC

Devils08 I will agree to your logic but actually your comment helps prove my point. On paper Jackson Co was not supposed to lose because on paper they were the stronger and more successful team than Pickett County. The Lady Cats rose to the occasion and Jackson didn't play to their potential and were defeated by what appeared on paper as a weaker team (no offense intended).

I am just saying that on paper that Pickett should be considered the stronger team if you look at their strength of schedule. Which means if Pickett plays to their potential of the regular season then they should be victorious. But, if CSAS rises to the occasion and Pickett has an off night, then CSAS could win!

Strength of Schedule is certainly not a guarantee of victory but it is an indicator of how the game could go!