W. TN Single A Substate

volfan007

What team jock on you riding anyway?

Waht does that matter.... Put it like this i will make that available after the state tourn.... A few years back I played for one of the teams in the state tourn. They should do well and hopefully have a good three games there....

I do however understand your commitment to Manassas, but if you take all emotion out of it at the end of the day Manassas has not played a team as complete as Humboldt. Even the Scotts Hill coach noted in the paper that they were not ready for what they came into.

If they meet up it will be a great clash of the titians.

Your reply was a little better it needs a little more political correctness to it, but I will take what i can get

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again Insults get you know where... Believe me if the heart is not pumping fully the body will not function properly. A bad game is more than just points.... It could be all around... fouls, points, assists, rebounds can all take a hit. You guys have to know that basketbal is more of a mental game also.... We will see what happens.

Again Insults get you no where in life and I hope that you will learn this eventually

I'm pretty well aware of the mental aspect in a game...realize it helps to have all parts of the body(team) functioning properly. In case you haven't figured out...I'm not from Manassas...but I know good when I see it and I rely on more than points in a game to make assesments....Average in rebounds, blocks, assists, steals....and it seems to me an all around well balanced player....and yes...I have seen him play. Also know Manassas has more weapons than Buckner. You do not garner national attention on the AAU or high school level being a lazy player. I do believe college scouts know quite a bit more than anyone on these boards...I'm more apt to listen and trust their assesments and judgements on a player....and I trust my own judgement as well. He is a top defender in the nation....you can score all day long but if you cannot defend at the college level you do not have a chance. Defense if the difference between a good player and a great player. Plus wanted to add he IS capable of playing all 5 positions which is a tremendous asset to his team and at the next level.

I'm pretty well aware of the mental aspect in a game...realize it helps to have all parts of the body(team) functioning properly. In case you haven't figured out...I'm not from Manassas...but I know good when I see it and I rely on more than points in a game to make assesments....Average in rebounds, blocks, assists, steals....and it seems to me an all around well balanced player....and yes...I have seen him play. Also now Manassas has more weapons than Buckner. You do not garner national attention on the AAU or high school level being a lazy player. I do believe college scouts know quite a bit more than anyone on these boards...I'm more apt to listen and trust their assesments and judgements on a player. He is a top defender in the nation....you can score all day long but if you cannot defend at the college level you do not have a chance. Defense if the difference between a good player and a great player.

All of your post are very insightful. i agree that Manassass has a lot of weapons. One weapon this dull is their shooting. They have to be able to shoot well and do eveythig else during their tourn. run. If they pull that off they will be vey hard to beat. As i posted before, if Manassass plays Humboldt at any point in this tourn. they will have more than a full plate. They have not played a team of this caliber before this season. I have seen both teams play, and I will say that Manassass has a lot to worry about. Now last years Manassas team would be much more equiped.

All of your post are very insightful. i agree that Manassass has a lot of weapons. One weapon this dull is their shooting. They have to be able to shoot well and do eveythig else during their tourn. run. If they pull that off they will be vey hard to beat. As i posted before, if Manassass plays Humboldt at any point in this tourn. they will have more than a full plate. They have not played a team of this caliber before this season. I have seen both teams play, and I will say that Manassass has a lot to worry about. Now last years Manassas team would be much more equiped.

Dollar1906,

You hit the nail squarely on the head--EXTREMELY accurate assestment!

I have nothing against either HB or Manassas but I will say HB schedule is CERTAINLY not the strongest in the world...at all.....heck even they know that. It is not a stretch to say Manassas has played better teams than HB.

I'm pretty well aware of the mental aspect in a game...realize it helps to have all parts of the body(team) functioning properly. In case you haven't figured out...I'm not from Manassas...but I know good when I see it and I rely on more than points in a game to make assesments....Average in rebounds, blocks, assists, steals....and it seems to me an all around well balanced player....and yes...I have seen him play. Also know Manassas has more weapons than Buckner. You do not garner national attention on the AAU or high school level being a lazy player. I do believe college scouts know quite a bit more than anyone on these boards...I'm more apt to listen and trust their assesments and judgements on a player....and I trust my own judgement as well. He is a top defender in the nation....you can score all day long but if you cannot defend at the college level you do not have a chance. Defense if the difference between a good player and a great player. Plus wanted to add he IS capable of playing all 5 positions which is a tremendous asset to his team and at the next level.

AdsMom86,

Plz allow me to "piggy-back" on what you were saying about Reggie Buckner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

While I think that Manassas' coach intentionally uses Buckner @ PG in order to get him more "touches," the unintended consequence is this: It is actually making Buckner a more well-rounded player, IMO, better preparing him for the next level!

If Buckner works really, really hard on developing TRUE point-guard skills this off-season, I strongly suspect that he could very well wind up playing the PG position @ Ole Miss, at some point. If that happens then, IMO, this kid's NBA potential would absolutely fly thru the roof!

Can you imagine a 6'-8" (or whatever size) PG with Buckner's offensive & defensive versatility?

Now, I wouldn't dare say that a PG-Buckner would be the 2nd-coming of Magic Johnson or Penny Hardaway; I would feel comfortable, though, in saying that he COULD eventually develop into a SEMI-clone of those two players. I firmly believe that the potential is there.

AdsMom86,

Plz allow me to "piggy-back" on what you were saying about Reggie Buckner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

While I think that Manassas' coach intentionally uses Buckner @ PG in order to get him more "touches," the unintended consequence is this: It is actually making Buckner a more well-rounded player, IMO, better preparing him for the next level!

If Buckner works really, really hard on developing TRUE point-guard skills this off-season, I strongly suspect that he could very well wind up playing the PG position @ Ole Miss, at some point. If that happens then, IMO, this kid's NBA potential would absolutely fly thru the roof!

Can you imagine a 6'-8" (or whatever size) PG with Buckner's offensive & defensive versatility?

Now, I wouldn't dare say that a PG-Buckner would be the 2nd-coming of Magic Johnson or Penny Hardaway; I would feel comfortable, though, in saying that he COULD eventually develop into a SEMI-clone of those two players. I firmly believe that the potential is there.

I have thought about that exact scenario TraderB....he has the skills to play all 5 positions at the next level ....with work at 6'8 he could be an excellent pg....there are MANY 6'8 and taller post players as we know at the college level. PG's are usually shorter....this would be a smart move to develop him as a pg. I really think he could go pro if he keeps developing as a player. I really don't think people understand the potential he has at the next level and beyond. He usually gets as many assists per game as a full time pg....which tells you he can handle the ball and read the floor. Average in steals and blocked shots at that position...wow. Would like to add he would also be incredible at his regular position at the college level...no doubt in my mind about that...at all..just fun to play around with different scenarios.

Waht does that matter.... Put it like this i will make that available after the state tourn.... A few years back I played for one of the teams in the state tourn. They should do well and hopefully have a good three games there....

I do however understand your commitment to Manassas, but if you take all emotion out of it at the end of the day Manassas has not played a team as complete as Humboldt. Even the Scotts Hill coach noted in the paper that they were not ready for what they came into.

If they meet up it will be a great clash of the titians.

Your reply was a little better it needs a little more political correctness to it, but I will take what i can get

I'm not running for office sorry so I don't need any political correctness.

I'm sure Humboldt has a lot to worry about to. This is the State tournament. Teams should be good enough to worry about. I would have to ask though(since you think Humboldt is THAT good), would you say they are better than or as good as Ridgeway and/or Craigmont?

I have thought about that exact scenario TraderB....he has the skills to play all 5 positions at the next level with work.....at 6'8 he could be an excellent pg....there are MANY 6'8 and taller post players as we know at the college level. PG's are usually shorter....this would be a smart move to develop him as a pg. I really think he could go pro if he keeps developing as a player. I really don't think people understand the potential he has at the next level and beyond. He usually gets as many assists per game as a full time pg....which tells you he can handle the ball and read the floor. Average in steals and blocked shots at that position...wow.

Well i can tell you this that Reggie has worked very hard to get at the level that he is at now and he knows that there is a lot more room for improvement. Trust me he is working on his ball handling skills all of the time. If you just watch him in a game setting this kid know what to do with the rock.

Well i can tell you this that Reggie has worked very hard to get at the level that he is at now and he knows that there is a lot more room for improvement. Trust me he is working on his ball handling skills all of the time. If you just watch him in a game setting this kid know what to do with the rock.

I have no doubt he works on all his skills...have heard he is a very hard worker. You must have figured out by now I am highly impressed with him as a player /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> If he enters the college scene being capable of handling every position then I am even more excited for him!!!!!