Shelbyville vs. Walker Valley

deadeyedave

Not much on here from "OaklandPansies" and "DeadWoodDave" this morning.

1. I guess the mediocre Region 3 stepped up last night. Congratulations to Red Bank and Walker Valley for representing East Tennessee and making it to AAA State.

2. Shelbyville played good D, but no better then Red Bank, Cleveland, or even Tennesse Temple and Chattanooga Christian and I think the latter are single A.

3. I was at the WVHS game and it looked like Andrews was rattled a little by seeing good D (2 3's, best shooter in the state?, David Ware made 5 3's).

4. Twilley, quickest human in the state? He's quick and he's good. 5 points, costly technical, Burrel got 3 steals guarding him. Brice Sharp was the best point guard on the court last night. Makes you wonder???

You guys got to get out more often and watch a little basketball outside of your region before you get on here and start posting bs.

Good Luck next year.

Deadwood Dave is here. Congratulations WV on a good win for your program last night. Mr. Twilley played his worst game in his high school career last night with 9 turnovers. Your team played their gameplan and it worked. 8 for 27 from the 3 point stripe will win a lot of games for you. David Ware played a great game and kept you guys in it during our first half run, he was the difference in the game in my opinion. Good Luck in the state tournament. I do think Shelbyville could win this matchup 7 out of 10 times , but you guys did it when it counted. Your coach did a great job and the players did well by following his lead. That says a lot about your teams approach. I hope you guys get a good draw in the State Tournament. Bearden and those teams from the west tn. region are tough. GOOD LUCK and thanks for the hospitality. I hope we can do it again next year. We started 3 sophomores, 1 Junior and 1 Senior last night so I think we will be pretty solid next year. Hats off to WV!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadwood Dave is here. Congratulations WV on a good win for your program last night. Mr. Twilley played his worst game in his high school career last night with 9 turnovers. Your team played their gameplan and it worked. 8 for 27 from the 3 point stripe will win a lot of games for you. David Ware played a great game and kept you guys in it during our first half run, he was the difference in the game in my opinion. Good Luck in the state tournament. I do think Shelbyville could win this matchup 7 out of 10 times , but you guys did it when it counted. Your coach did a great job and the players did well by following his lead. That says a lot about your teams approach. I hope you guys get a good draw in the State Tournament. Bearden and those teams from the west tn. region are tough. GOOD LUCK and thanks for the hospitality. I hope we can do it again next year. We started 3 sophomores, 1 Junior and 1 Senior last night so I think we will be pretty solid next year. Hats off to WV!

Seriously Dead Eye. It is obvious that Andrews and Twilley can and have had better games. And it appears that you have followed them all year and more, was WVHS's defense or defensive scheme different or better then the Eagles planned for, or was it just another tough road trip (travel, gym, etc...)?

From your's and other's posts, we were worried about the Eagle's aggressive style of play and of course, Andrews scoring ability. But, the defense was not much different then the top teams on our schedule. We were fortunate to get a win against a quality program.

I think the bigger surprise was Red Bank beating Oakland. What happened?

Seriously Dead Eye. It is obvious that Andrews and Twilley can and have had better games. And it appears that you have followed them all year and more, was WVHS's defense or defensive scheme different or better then the Eagles planned for, or was it just another tough road trip (travel, gym, etc...)?

From your's and other's posts, we were worried about the Eagle's aggressive style of play and of course, Andrews scoring ability. But, the defense was not much different then the top teams on our schedule. We were fortunate to get a win against a quality program.

We had a YOUNG and NERVOUS ball team that slacked on defense! that's all u can say... plus a mismatch with twilley guarding someone over 6 ft. tall half the game didn't help either.

I don't think the travel or gym had any bearing on this game. We had a decent crowd there supporting the guys. The defense WV played was average compared to what we have faced all year. I think it came down to overconfidence after the first quarter of play. Twilley (our only senior) has faced people riding him like a rented mule most of the year. Last night he looked like a Sophomore. He was very careless with the ball which is very uncharacteristic. He has averaged 2 turnovers a game the entire season and had 9 in this game. His focus was not there. Our main concern was guarding the perimeter and we never really pressed until late in the game. You guys played solid enough defense to win this game. Bottom Line was execution. Good Luck next week. Raliegh Egypt, Bearden and White Station will be tough. Hope you guys don't get them in the first round. Another middle TN team or Science Hill would be a better draw for you.

We had a YOUNG and NERVOUS ball team that slacked on defense! that's all u can say... plus a mismatch with twilley guarding someone over 6 ft. tall half the game didn't help either.

jtrott- I agree with your assessment about the mismatch. I didn't understand why twilley was guarding him once he started posting up. It was a huge mismatch and cost us some points in the paint. To me it looked like our senior and junior was the nervous ones.. Bobby Wilson and Seth Jarrell played their hearts out. Bobby ended up with 21 points and 18 rebounds- not to shabby for a sophomore.

jtrott- I agree with your assessment about the mismatch. I didn't understand why twilley was guarding him once he started posting up. It was a huge mismatch and cost us some points in the paint. To me it looked like our senior and junior was the nervous ones.. Bobby Wilson and Seth Jarrell played their hearts out. Bobby ended up with 21 points and 18 rebounds- not to shabby for a sophomore.

Well said! I agree they did Deonte and Emanuel played like crap compared to their potential! If we would've won that game the game ball should have gone to Bobby Wilson. I never expected him to step up these last few games as he did! That's the worst ballgame I've EVER seen Twilley play! I'm not slamming him tho I love the kid he just had a bad night at the wrong time.

I don't think the travel or gym had any bearing on this game. We had a decent crowd there supporting the guys. The defense WV played was average compared to what we have faced all year. I think it came down to overconfidence after the first quarter of play. Twilley (our only senior) has faced people riding him like a rented mule most of the year. Last night he looked like a Sophomore. He was very careless with the ball which is very uncharacteristic. He has averaged 2 turnovers a game the entire season and had 9 in this game. His focus was not there. Our main concern was guarding the perimeter and we never really pressed until late in the game. You guys played solid enough defense to win this game. Bottom Line was execution. Good Luck next week. Raliegh Egypt, Bearden and White Station will be tough. Hope you guys don't get them in the first round. Another middle TN team or Science Hill would be a better draw for you.

I wasn't sure because I (we) have not seen Shelbyville play. I am surprised anyone would be over confident playing in any sub state game anywhere, against anyone. With your returning players, you should have another strong run at it next year. You are right about the draw. WVHS beat Science Hill in an early season play day (can't draw any real conclusions from that). WVHS beat Red Bank 3 times this year. It would be tough to beat them a fourth. That leaves Clarksville NE and Beech. It seemed like Bradley Central never got a good draw from this sectional.

Well said! I agree they did Deonte and Emanuel played like crap compared to their potential! If we would've won that game the game ball should have gone to Bobby Wilson. I never expected him to step up these last few games as he did! That's the worst ballgame I've EVER seen Twilley play! I'm not slamming him tho I love the kid he just had a bad night at the wrong time.

You guys just can't even get close to admitting that WVHS had anything to do with Twilley having his worst game ever. I'd say it had to do with Brice Sharp and good general perimeter defense by Ware and Burrell as well. You just don't come into a sub state game over confident and a lack of focus.

I wasn't sure because I (we) have not seen Shelbyville play. I am surprised anyone would be over confident playing in any sub state game anywhere, against anyone. With your returning players, you should have another strong run at it next year. You are right about the draw. WVHS beat Science Hill in an early season play day (can't draw any real conclusions from that). WVHS beat Red Bank 3 times this year. It would be tough to beat them a fourth. That leaves Clarksville NE and Beech. It seemed like Bradley Central never got a good draw from this sectional.

I think they will keep RB in the opposite bracket if I heard correctly about the process. A middle TN team will probably be the draw.

Isn't Marable a senior also/