Memphis well represented in the State

smckinney

Yep, he will!!! There will probably be technicals flying! That is why it isn't good to cheat because it doesn't always work and it is sad for the kids who play good ball and can win without cheating!

I am so tired of this same old conversation, again if you should have had someone at the OFFICAL SCORING TABLE where they could see what the ref was reporting, you chose to sit up under each other and make excuses YOU GOT BEAT!! BTW WAS THE BETTER TEAM. THE REFS DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO KEEP DC IN THE GAME. At one point in the game DC got 5 free throws and the ball. The refs called a tech on the crowd because they said someone threw a PENNY on the FLOOR, A PENNY!! They call two other techs on BTW players after DC players had got totally out of control because they could not match up. DC player tried to snatch #10??™s arm out of socket because they knew he had just broke his wrist. #44 shoulder blocked BTW's #22 when he went up for a lay-up, he got the flagrant and then got a tech because he was frustrated!! However the ref called a tech on #24 to get him out of the game. Even with two starters fouling out DC still got beat by 12. No one had to cheat you, no one had to cook the books, and you are diminishing a season of YOUR GOOD TEAM and trying to tarnish the State run of BTW.

Back to topic, I hope the college coaches are in the building to see some good kids out of Memphis, there are some kids on some of these teams that are not getting their just due because of all the school in the Memphis area. A lot of the pub is going to the kids on the private schools and schools like White Station, but people are going to see some good talent on BTW and Sheffield that they never heard of, as well as Manassas and RE.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so tired of this same old conversation, again if you should have had someone at the OFFICAL SCORING TABLE where they could see what the ref was reporting, you chose to sit up under each other and make excuses YOU GOT BEAT!! BTW WAS THE BETTER TEAM. THE REFS DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO KEEP DC IN THE GAME. At one point in the game DC got 5 free throws and the ball. The refs called a tech on the crowd because they said someone threw a PENNY on the FLOOR, A PENNY!! They call two other techs on BTW players after DC players had got totally out of control because they could not match up. DC player tried to snatch #10??™s arm out of socket because they knew he had just broke his wrist. #44 shoulder blocked BTW's #22 when he went up for a lay-up, he got the flagrant and then got a tech because he was frustrated!! However the ref called a tech on #24 to get him out of the game. Even with two starters fouling out DC still got beat by 12. No one had to cheat you, no one had to cook the books, and you are diminishing a season of YOUR GOOD TEAM and trying to tarnish the State run of BTW.

Back to topic, I hope the college coaches are in the building to see some good kids out of Memphis, there are some kids on some of these teams that are not getting their just due because of all the school in the Memphis area. A lot of the pub is going to the kids on the private schools and schools like White Station, but people are going to see some good talent on BTW and Sheffield that they never heard of, as well as Manassas and RE.

Unfortunately, smckinney the hate will continue regardless of what happens to BTW. (one of the teams that this topic is talking about) BT---WWWW---THEY DON'T WANT NONE OF THIS BIG GREEN AND GOLD Go Warriors

smckinney...I am not here to start one thing my last post a few pages back said what I NEEDED to....and it was said calmly and rationally. There are actually strict rules of who can sit at that table....as I said in my last post wish the kids of BTW best of luck and for the seniors good luck on their future endeavors. I can assure you no kid try to intentionally hurt one of your players....that my friend is ridiculous and I'm not gonna stoop so low to bash one of your kids....the kids were never an issue to me.I have complimented your freshman kid...Nuby...he is and will be a very good ball player before all is said and done. The sun doesn't rise and set on people's opinions. I argue with people on here all the time ....and in real life I like them. I am a fan of some Memphis players..Buckner in particular...have kept up with his stats all year. Don't care where he is from or what team. I like Prather out of Jackson and defended him with some DC posters...not about the school it is about the talent. I know Icy and think he is a great guy....sometimes you just have to agree to disagree and move on...again best of luck to the kids.

smckinney...I am not here to start one thing my last post a few pages back said what I NEEDED to....and it was said calmly and rationally. There are actually strict rules of who can sit at that table....as I said in my last post wish the kids of BTW best of luck and for the seniors good luck on their future endeavors. I can assure you no kid try to intentionally hurt one of your players....that my friend is ridiculous and I'm not gonna stoop so low to bash one of your kids....the kids were never an issue to me.I have complimented your freshman kid...Nuby...he is and will be a very good ball player before all is said and done. The sun doesn't rise and set on people's opinions. I argue with people on here all the time ....and in real life I like them. I am a fan of some Memphis players..Buckner in particular...have kept up with his stats all year. Don't care where he is from or what team. I like Prather out of Jackson and defended him with some DC posters...not about the school it is about the talent. I know Icy and think he is a great guy....sometimes you just have to agree to disagree and move on...again best of luck to the kids.

I can respect that! This is a blogg spot and that what is all about. These are kids playing a game. I wish they would change the format of the State and stop having West Tenn. play West Tenn. in a "Sectional game" because for the last three years, there could not have been any better game than the BTW vs DC games. As I have stated in every post, I admire DC and the way they support their teams. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL GAME THAT WAS AS LOUD AS THE TWO I WENT TO IN DC. I though rather DC is in AA or AAA they are going to be contenders. Hay maybe BTW and DC can make it a home and home series sometime in the future the rivalry is there!

Unfortunately, smckinney the hate will continue regardless of what happens to BTW. (one of the teams that this topic is talking about) BT---WWWW---THEY DON'T WANT NONE OF THIS BIG GREEN AND GOLD Go Warriors

WOW!!This is unbelievable. I decided to jump on this thread to comment on the number of Memphis teams that made it to the state tourney and hear this same stuff. I can't believe that the DC Faithfuls are still talking about this game. It's over!!!Let it go for the sake of the team. You guys (fans) are negating a great season with all the complaining about the BTW game. The same class you win with is the same class you lose with. heck 32-3 is a great #### season and nothing to hang your head about. Let it go!!Good Luck to DC in the upcoming 09-10 season and GO MEMPHIS CITY TEAMS!!!Bring all the gold balls back to the WEST....