Dyer County Choctaws 2008-2009

1brutalchoctaw

Liberty did just fine in AAA. Didn't make it to state but they competed at a very high level the last two seasons. They need to schedule some Memphis teams out of district next season. I think DC will bring back several players that will play in college. The size the teams out of Memphis has will be the problem. DC is going to be better than people think. They could very well have two of the top players in the state for the class of 2012 and I understand the Cedarius kid may be a top 20 player in the state for his class as well...not sure if he is a freshman or a sophmore. The 2010/2011 will be the season these underclassmen start to make their mark. They will dominate thier district just like Liberty did. Regions will be tough though. As far as making it to State in AAA there will allways be some powers out of Memphis that don't make it to. Look at some of the teams that didn't make it this season...Melrose, Ridgeway, Craigmont, Southwind, and Central. Imagine the damage these teams could do if they were East of the TN river. You play the hand that's dealt and go about your buisness and leave it all on the court. You can't ask for more that that. I know alot of people hope and pray for there demise in AAA. I'm glad they are moving up because it will only make these kids better players and get them more expousre along with AAU. I don't think I have ever seen the hatered that some have for this program in all the years I have been following the sport. I would be glad to get away from all that once and for all. I had much rather watch them in AAA than watch the teams in the district they are leaving. They will most likely be the cream of the crop in AAA in rural West TN much like Liberty has been the last two seasons.

AMEN some people just cant stand someones success SO PROUD OF YOU DC AND THE COACHING STAFF HARD WORK PAYS OFF AND IT SHOWS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt get to say what i would like to on the game last night, the threads were locked before i got a chance.

i wanna let our boys know that were so proud of them, even if they didnt get as far as last year. 32-3 and one game away from the state tournament in a rebuilding year? wow. thats pretty good when a few said we wouldnt even come this far. to be honest, at the beginning of this year, i wasnt sure that we would make it this far.

thanks for a great year boys, and thanks for the memories. Seniors, thanks for your hard work over the past 4 years. ill never forget Rex hitting that game-winning 3 at the state tournament last year. and ill definitely never forget CJ driving in the last few seconds to win many games,especially 2 years ago against Booker T Washington.

even though theres not a gold ball in the trophy case yet, hold your heads up high. you captivated the minds and hearts of an entire county. Thank You. we are all proud.

GREAT POST! DC has nothing to hang there heads about. They had a really, really great year and I hate that it is over, but keep our head up and start focusing on next year. We are all going to miss CJ and Rex so much. I know so many kids looked up to these boys, I know mine did!! We have many great players coming up and I can't wait to watch them over the next several years! There is no doubt in my mind that even though we are moving up to AAA, we will show many people again that WINNING can be done!! We have a great coaching staff, the best there is, and they will definetly have the boys prepared for what is waiting for us on the other side, and there is no doubt the fans will be right there cheering them all on!!! Good Luck DC in the coming year. Practice and work hard!! Best of luck to CJ, Rex, Kurt, and Rodeo!! We love you guys and will miss you so much!!!

It is a different animal in AAA as you will see. There will be few 40 50 point wins, even against what would be considered bad AAA teams. It's just a whole different level, but time will show that. Looks like its a good district to start in for sure, could be a lot worse

DC could win that district easy but the region will be tough in 3A. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Who will their district consist of now???

jackson northside

brighton

hardin county

munford

but raleigh egypt and craigmont will be in the region.

then after that white station, ridgeway, melrose, and all the others are in the other region we play at substate.

we realize its gonna be a lot tougher, but were up to it. AA is going to be really tough with liberty back in it. theyre district may be the toughest in the state with them, Bolivar, and JCM going down to AA

Every two years, TSSAA does an enrollment count and that is what they go by....whatever you tell them what your enrollment is. We were like 50-60 students over the AA mark. We will be the second lowest school in attendance in AAA.

Enrollment was Fall of 2008 DC will be AAA for 4 years unless after 2 years there is drop in enrollment by 20% That is roughly 220 kids

believe it or not their enrollment went down and their going to AA. probably because of jackson opening the 2 magnet schools in the past couple years-liberty & madison

Man thats shocking. JCM has always been one of the biggest in Rural West. Brutal that NS/DC rivalry is going to be great next year. Also, like I mentioned earlier a BTW/DC game could be great for regular season too

Man thats shocking. JCM has always been one of the biggest in Rural West. Brutal that NS/DC rivalry is going to be great next year. Also, like I mentioned earlier a BTW/DC game could be great for regular season too

I look forward to the NS rivalary...don't see the last one happening...at all /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Coach Starks has really brought the JCM program around...I like that guy.