Greeneville's Head Coach Resigns

RyanD22

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen! You bought yourself a nice coach...you bought yourself a nice stadium...you bought yourself a nice quarterfinal win...what goes around comes around.

Pay attention and we will show you how it's done the right way. Rebel Nation.

Yea well I suppose your a fan of tennessee football as well. You bought yourself a coach, his daddy and all his daddies friends, ongoing stadium construction, If only they could buy some wins this year with kiffins mouth and his daddies cane. What goes around will come around.

Pay attention and we will show you how its done the right way GATOR NATION.

Amen! You bought yourself a nice coach...you bought yourself a nice stadium...you bought yourself a nice quarterfinal win...what goes around comes around.

Comp man you just can't let it go can you......

Yea well I suppose your a fan of tennessee football as well. You bought yourself a coach, his daddy and all his daddies friends, ongoing stadium construction, If only they could buy some wins this year with kiffins mouth and his daddies cane. What goes around will come around.

Pay attention and we will show you how its done the right way GATOR NATION.

I always thought the Rebel Nation got the best end of that quarter-final....at least their season didn't end with another Maryville butt-kickin....

And by the way Comp, I saw the video of the final play in the quarterfinals four more times at GHS's Football Banquet 2 weeks ago and #15 still didn't score.

Comp man you just can't let it go can you......

Barb, I have great admiration for the Greeneville team. As well I have much respect and admiration for McCurray. But as your latest incident proves the politics that run your town dictates that "if money can't buy it then we don't need it."

Everyone knows what happened...just waiting for Greeneville people to admit it.

Barb, I have great admiration for the Greeneville team. As well I have much respect and admiration for McCurray. But as your latest incident proves the politics that run your town dictates that "if money can't buy it then we don't need it."

Everyone knows what happened...just waiting for Greeneville people to admit it.

Yes and everyone knows Kingsport if free from that type of politics...

Yes and everyone knows Kingsport if free from that type of politics...

Yes, Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett does have that calibre' of politics. The Sullivan County school system is skirting bankruptsy and yes they have politics as well but it is small fry in comparison. I think part of McCurray's frustration is that in so many ways his hands are tied and he was told to "just do your job". I feel the coruption of that game was in no way associated with the school or the coaching staff. McCurray did what he was supposed to do...Coach. And he was obviously a good one. And you had talent. To change horses in the middle of the stream with the removal of your Quarterback took major management ability. He pulled through that situation with flying colors. But my point is that there were numerous game changing calls in that game. I only need refer to one of them but it was as blatant as they come. And it did call back a TD...a game ending TD...with 30 seconds left no less. Yes, I do recall one call in favor of South over the last 4 years and it was against THS in 2007. It did not affect a TD but it could be viewed as potentially game changing. Curt fumbled as he hit the ground and it was ruled down. THS fans rebuted and the South fans (on CoachT) agreed. I watched the film enough to admit that he fumbled. Again, it was not a score even though we were in the Red Zone. But we did admit that it was in fact a fumble.

Let me say that there are questionable calls in every game for every team including South. It happens and it hurts and benefits both sides of the ball. Human error is inherent. It is accepted. It all comes out in the wash. Everyone is aware that you get some you give some. But we are talking about one ref and only one ref. There were 6 questionable calls but 2 were blatant and 4 of the 6 were TD's. He singlehandedly controlled the outcome of the game. He had Greeneville tags on his truck as he was leaving the parking lot.

In my view Greeneville lost their chance at greatness in the (purported) loss of McCurray. And the circumstances in his supposed resignation will leave a black cloud over Greeneville and whoever the puppeteer is will suffer the consequences however great or small. Life works in mysterious ways and sometimes it takes a long time but sooner or later the laws of equilibrum will balance the scale. All due to a manipulative third party.

I am suprised that you chose to drop down in classification as you clearly had the talent and coaching to persue the higher classification. Another third party decision. Everyone knows you have no competition whatsoever in your current classification and state championships will abound...that is until McCurray left. All this due to one individual using money and influence to control anything seen fit to control.

I wish you the best...but it is what it is.

As far as you...I will always hold respect for your and your knowledge of the game. As well your honest status toward your comments on the board. Correct me if I am wrong but I recall you were not at the game. You may have lost what little respect you had for me in this long ago turned rancid topic but what is right is right and wrongs are always righted in the big picture.