Greeneville's Head Coach Resigns

RyanD22

Mrs. Barger, you should be ashamed of yourself. You taught both of my kids. They always said nice things about you but I see you on here spreading rumors and gossip, you should be ashamed. My girls would be sad if they knew what you were doing on here. Shame on you.

if they knew her really well when they were in high school they would know that she was the same way there. i am not surprised.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knightw has finally put it out there the way it is. Thank you for setting it straight.

McCurry racked up $20,000 in debt for the school.

$20,000...

the company that he racked up $20,000 in debt with would not release the helmets until the debt was paid or a payment plan was started and the principal had to sign off on it. That's how the administration got wind of it in the first place. The school does not have $20,000.

I offered to pay some of it when I heard about it, but the amount I could give wasn't even enough when I found out that it was $20,000.

If one of my employees racked up $20,000 in debt, I would be calling the Sheriff. Mac got lucky and got to resign and probably go to a great job. I am sure he thought someone would pick up the tab, but they didn't. He tried to change the dates on the POs but that didn't cover up his mistake and that's why we are where we are.

Now you have all of these nasty people on here saying things that aren't true. Talking badly about a principal who was just trying to do her job.

Mrs. Barger, you should be ashamed of yourself. You taught both of my kids. They always said nice things about you but I see you on here spreading rumors and gossip, you should be ashamed. My girls would be sad if they knew what you were doing on here. Shame on you.

Ryan, no offense, but you're just a kid. Adults like to protect kids from the ugly truth. Mac isn't going to tell you that he screwed up and put our school in debt and then just resigned and ran away from the problem. He was offered the chance to finish the school year, but he decided to quit instead probably so he could get another football job. I don't blame him for not destroying your image of him his self.

So ten football helmets cost $20,000. huh? The school does not have $20,000 huh thats another good one. How come there are no job cuts anywhere? Are you talking about the school system or the city of Greeneville. The way i see it the $1000 my parents spent for me to go to GHS is going somewhere and lets see i would estimate that probably 1000 students in the city school system are from the county. That equals 1 million give or take, so since you know it all where is that money going?

I have never posted on here. I like to read everything but I couldn't hold my piece no more. I have been hearing so many things about all of this I can't stand it.

YOu have all these people on here that say they know peoples types and what not. I have known Linda Stroud for years. She has never done nothing but the right thing. I have sit next to her in church nearly every Sunday. She is a good god-fearing woman. Youins never talk about that. She loves the Lord and always does the right thing. If you think she done somebody unfair, it's because you don't know her.

Like I said, I can't hold my tongue anymore about this. You people need to realize that this a human being with a family and children on here that your talking bad about.

The problam isn't that she done wrong, the problam is that the coach done wrong. Why blame her? She don't have an ego like you said. She isn't a bully. she respects coaches and teachers and knows how important they are.

When you start talking bad about somebody, remember that the Lord is listening and the Lord is the final judge. Shame on you people for talking bad about her.

So ten football helmets cost $20,000. huh? The school does not have $20,000 huh thats another good one. How come there are no job cuts anywhere? Are you talking about the school system or the city of Greeneville. The way i see it the $1000 my parents spent for me to go to GHS is going somewhere and lets see i would estimate that probably 1000 students in the city school system are from the county. That equals 1 million give or take, so since you know it all where is that money going?

love your heart. obviously your parents wasted that 1000K, for you learned no spelling or grammar skills; perhaps you were able to learn something useful in that weightlifting class! let a weightlifter look over your posts before you post them so that you don't look like an imbecile.

and, mr. statistician, are there really 1000 kids in the city system paying tuition?

no, 10 helmets, plus all the new stuff he bougtht when he first started and it was never paid for costed $20,000. Everything he bought from April 2007 to now came due. See, that's the thing, all the bills he racked up with this one company were never paid. Mac said that he thought the equipment was promised by businessmen, but he wasn't filling out any purchase orders. The chickens came home to roost when he sent the 10 helmets in to get fixed.

i agree that there's probably more to it, but that's enough to get anybody fired, at least if they work for my business.

I don't know their finances, but I do know that every school is hurting for money. All that money is supposed to be going to education and it looks like it is. I know that I paid tuition for my girls and it makes me mad as heck to think that someone racked up $20,000 in bills that the school is going to have to pay for.

And let me tell you, buddy, I do know a little bit more about this than you since I donate money I get to hear a little bit more about where it's going than nosey retired teachers and sad "glory days" football players who are trying to defend their coach without any information. So yeah, i don't know it all, but I know more than you, so maybe listen to the truth.

Look at what knightw posted. It's the straight up truth.

I have never posted on here. I like to read everything but I couldn't hold my piece no more. I have been hearing so many things about all of this I can't stand it.

YOu have all these people on here that say they know peoples types and what not. I have known Linda Stroud for years. She has never done nothing but the right thing. I have sit next to her in church nearly every Sunday. She is a good god-fearing woman. Youins never talk about that. She loves the Lord and always does the right thing. If you think she done somebody unfair, it's because you don't know her.

Like I said, I can't hold my tongue anymore about this. You people need to realize that this a human being with a family and children on here that your talking bad about.

The problam isn't that she done wrong, the problam is that the coach done wrong. Why blame her? She don't have an ego like you said. She isn't a bully. she respects coaches and teachers and knows how important they are.

When you start talking bad about somebody, remember that the Lord is listening and the Lord is the final judge. Shame on you people for talking bad about her.

Ok so explain to me why the entire girls basketball team got suspended and two of the guys. When hollowell was there he took care of suspension and mishaps like this. Would this power not go to coach richards or is this the place where you put the initials DR. in front of someones name and they have the super ego. She is a nice woman but she is the principal go behind closed doors and do your job like jerry ayers did. Let your other 2 assistant princ. do there jobs.

Ok so explain to me why the entire girls basketball team got suspended and two of the guys. When hollowell was there he took care of suspension and mishaps like this. Would this power not go to coach richards or is this the place where you put the initials DR. in front of someones name and they have the super ego. She is a nice woman but she is the principal go behind closed doors and do your job like jerry ayers did. Let your other 2 assistant princ. do there jobs.

was there a similar situation under hollowell? if so, enlighten us.

dr. stroud has no ego about her title - have you spoken with her lately? if so, please tell us, and let us know how egotistical she is. oh, wait... you have no idea.

the other assistant principals do THEIR jobs. thanks. who are you to judge her doing hers?

The entire girls basketball team got suspended because they sat there and watched a fight and didn't break it up. - why do you have a problem with that? they also let a boy in to video tape it. maybe you don't get it, but if you've ever seen somebody get beat up bad, then you'd probably realize that it's not safe to let people fight. fighting is not a right. it's dangerous and it gives the school a bad name.

I don't know anything about being a principal except you're responsible for what goes on in the school. when you're the boss, you're in charge. simple as that. everybody does their job different. i work construction. i can sit in my office all day and let my subs build the house or i can go out there and swing a hammer. i swing a hammer. i think that's how stroud does her job too.

i think your problem is that athletes used to be able to get away with murder at the high school and now they're responsible for their actions. my girls said that is a big difference now.

no, 10 helmets, plus all the new stuff he bougtht when he first started and it was never paid for costed $20,000. Everything he bought from April 2007 to now came due. See, that's the thing, all the bills he racked up with this one company were never paid. Mac said that he thought the equipment was promised by businessmen, but he wasn't filling out any purchase orders. The chickens came home to roost when he sent the 10 helmets in to get fixed.

i agree that there's probably more to it, but that's enough to get anybody fired, at least if they work for my business.

I don't know their finances, but I do know that every school is hurting for money. All that money is supposed to be going to education and it looks like it is. I know that I paid tuition for my girls and it makes me mad as heck to think that someone racked up $20,000 in bills that the school is going to have to pay for.

And let me tell you, buddy, I do know a little bit more about this than you since I donate money I get to hear a little bit more about where it's going than nosey retired teachers and sad "glory days" football players who are trying to defend their coach without any information. So yeah, i don't know it all, but I know more than you, so maybe listen to the truth.

Look at what knightw posted. It's the straight up truth.

See now here is what doesn't make sense what all he bought that would add up to $20,000 and just now there getting po's on it. So does it make you mad that there is a state of the art football field and it totaled alot more then $20grand. Well maybe from now on you won't donate so much money since you don't know where its going.

So who is this Mrs Barger person?

you. you're pathetic. my girls are so disappointed in you. you have disgraced your name. how dare you tear down that school that provided you with a living for so many years.

you never even worked for stroud. if i were you, i wouldn't throw stones in a glass house. people might start posting about you.

you have to specify where the money you're donating is going to. when they wanted a new field, they made donations for that field. those donations were funneled through GSIA. me, i donate directly to little projects here and there. i may be uneducated, but i ain't stupid. you always say where you want your donated money to go.

you need to just accept the fact that this isn't any deeper than what you think it is. it's just a case of mismanagement of finances. why does it have to be more? why are athletes on this board so defensive?