Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

I'm new on here, and I have to say I have enjoyed reading many of the posts from both sides. I do wonder if LA would like a little cheese to go with all that whine! My goodness, if I hear how tough of a schedule you guys played all year and how you weren't even suppose to be at the 'boro many more times, I'm gonna suggest therapy! I mean you would think ya'll had been playing against the Lakers and the Celtics. (although I will have to say, I thought LA could have competed in the NFL-yes NFL the way they were knocking the crap out of GC yesterday with very few calls against them, but I digress) We in West TN are not playing against our local YMCA teams, you know. Talk about disrespecting another team. You guys have a great team so enough of the excuses you keep throwing out. However tough your schedule was or whatever, ya'll made it and that's all that counts. As a 20+ year basketball fan, it's always been amazing to me how folks on the east side of the Tennessee River think us lowly little folks in West TN ain't got what it takes to even show up at the 'boro. I have respect for all the teams that made it AND the one's who didn't that should have been there based on their successful seasons. That's how the ball bounces sometime. We've all been there. I feel like West TN was very well represented in A, AA, and AAA, and I am very proud to be a fan west of the TN River even though we are not "worthy". Anyway, great season for LA-- #10 and #22--awesome players. I did see some poor sportmanship toward the end of the game with the intentional tackles-oops I mean fouls against GC. (not from the above mentioned players) You will never see GC girls lose their composure on the court- win or lose. Great group of girls and I know that LA girls are, too. What they have accomplished- no one can take that away. I have enjoyed watching these Lady Pioneers more than any team ever. I'm looking forward to 2009-2010 season. Great job, girls! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nobody here crying. Yeah I know exactly how you feel ... hearing how much better Gibson Co. is than everybody else. How their going to blow everybody away. It makes me so sick. I was really expecting to see a Uconn Huskies type of team, but I was really disappointed. It wasn't nothing special. Oh I mean you all had a good team but your far from the best team I have ever seen. And what excuses has any LA fans throwed out. All I'm hearing is IF IF IF from you people. Might be you don't get any respect by this silly post you have just made. ACT LIKE YOU/VE BEEN THERE BEFORE. THERE I SAID IT. Yes that's real classy saying our girls committed intentional fouls-oops fouls against your girls.

I mean how naive can some of you people be. You get every call, we commit 30 turnovers and we still have chances to win the game with 3 mins to play in the game. I wouldn't be so proud of that fact. IF WE HAD DONE ANYTHING WE WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME. BUT WE DIDN'T........ OVER AND OUT CONGRATS ON YOUR BIG CONVINCING WIN.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody here crying. Yeah I know exactly how you feel ... hearing how much better Gibson Co. is than everybody else. How their going to blow everybody away. It makes me so sick. I was really expecting to see a Uconn Huskies type of team, but I was really disappointed. It wasn't nothing special. Oh I mean you all had a good team but your far from the best team I have ever seen. And what excuses has any LA fans throwed out. All I'm hearing is IF IF IF from you people. Might be you don't get any respect by this silly post you have just made. ACT LIKE YOU/VE BEEN THERE BEFORE. THERE I SAID IT. Yes that's real classy saying our girls committed intentional fouls-oops fouls against your girls.

I mean how naive can some of you people be. You get every call, we commit 30 turnovers and we still have chances to win the game with 3 mins to play in the game. I wouldn't be so proud of that fact. IF WE HAD DONE ANYTHING WE WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME. BUT WE DIDN'T........ OVER AND OUT CONGRATS ON YOUR BIG CONVINCING WIN.

naive? lol... butler was gettin killed in the lane every time she went in and got zero calls. we played one of the worst games i've seen us play all year. honestly all the state games were bad games for us. if we play up to our potential in those 3 no one plays us within 30 points. you commited 30 turnovers because gc made you do it with their D. geez ur such a sore loser. take a page out of the other LA posters' books and be gracious for the opportunity to play in a game because there are alot of teams that never even get to that point. ur embarassisng your own team by the way ur acting...

and oh yes. i'm very proud of the way we won. and i call 35 and 0 with a state championship "special".

lol did i just hear some ifs in ur argument as well?? lol IF we hadnt turned the ball over 30 times. IF we had had fair refs who would of called gc's girls for fouling continuously. come on. really.

naive? lol... butler was gettin killed in the lane every time she went in and got zero calls. we played one of the worst games i've seen us play all year. honestly all the state games were bad games for us. if we play up to our potential in those 3 no one plays us within 30 points. you commited 30 turnovers because gc made you do it with their D. geez ur such a sore loser. take a page out of the other LA posters' books and be gracious for the opportunity to play in a game because there are alot of teams that never even get to that point. ur embarassisng your own team by the way ur acting...

and oh yes. i'm very proud of the way we won. and i call 35 and 0 with a state championship "special".

lol did i just hear some ifs in ur argument as well?? lol IF we hadnt turned the ball over 30 times. IF we had had fair refs who would of called gc's girls for fouling continuously. come on. really.

Hey Kid go fly a kite or something .....again all the IF'S is SARCASM. Your the one that needs to quit posting b/c your are showing everyone just how NAIVE you are. Quit embarrassing yourself.

Hey Kid go fly a kite or something .....again all the IF'S is SARCASM. Your the one that needs to quit posting b/c your are showing everyone just how NAIVE you are. Quit embarrassing yourself.

lol i'm glad u have learned how to use CAPS LOCK.... yes i'm in college english i know what sarcasm is. lol an i also know that u insultin me doesnt change the fact that your team lost by 20 points. so dont be NAIVE and think that callin me ur son or a kid will change that. Now here's a sarcastic statement.

Rocking Chair you have so much class...

lol i'm glad u have learned how to use CAPS LOCK.... yes i'm in college english i know what sarcasm is. lol an i also know that u insultin me doesnt change the fact that your team lost by 20 points. so dont be NAIVE and think that callin me ur son or a kid will change that. Now here's a sarcastic statement.

Rocking Chair you have so much class...

Hey balla I'm not insulting you. You called me Bud and said I was insulting my own team. I'm one of their biggest fans. You don't even know me. And you came right in the middle of something that you have no idea what was being said. I'm on here replying to the people that wants to rub a little salt on the wound. Nothing else. It's all just in fun to me. But don't try to slam our team b/c that's when it's on. You have been there before haven't you.

Hey balla I'm not insulting you. You called me Bud and said I was insulting my own team. I'm one of their biggest fans. You don't even know me. And you came right in the middle of something that you have no idea what was being said. I'm on here replying to the people that wants to rub a little salt on the wound. Nothing else. It's all just in fun to me. But don't try to slam our team b/c that's when it's on. You have been there before haven't you.

i was congratulating ur team on a great game. i also said it was alot closer than the score indicated. and yeah people try to slam our team all the time. all year in fact. success brings the haters out. i'm sure you've been there before haven't you.

IF WE HADN'T HAD 30 TURNOVERS WE WOULD HAVE WON BY 20. IF THE REFS HAD CALLED ALL THE SLAP AND REACH FOULS WE WOULD HAVE WON BY 30. IF IF IF

The funny thing about all this is our girls committed 30 turnovers and played the worst game imaginable offensively and still had many chances to win, and you all only beat us by 20. You should have won by 50. Hope that makes you all happy.

Maybe your team had a bad game, I'm not sure if they did or did not. I think you have a very good team.

I have shown a lot of respect for your program and your area in general with my post. Again, congratulations on an outstanding season.

Most of the other Livingston posters are considerate and nice. You are not. Your only argument in your posts are to discount someone using "if" in their posts. I wonder "if" you have anything rebuttels that do not include this?

My entire point was that GC or this district did not receive much respect from the rest of the state before or during this tournament. I hope they do now. Your team has been the beneficiary of respect for a while and you should be happy with that and return it. As a matter of fact, I am sure that I along with all of Gibson County have the utmost respect for your team, as well as, the other teams in your area today. You have a long history of good teams and should be proud of your traditions as we are of GC.

Butler had an off game. Nothing to read into that statement. I think might have a little to do with the Livingston defense but for the most part I think she just had an off game. I think some of her scoring was replaced with Griffin's offense. Maybe they win by more if she's having a good game. In my opinion, I think they would have but that's just my opinion. Not trying to rub salt in the wound.

I'm glad that GC won. Doesn't matter if it was by 20 or 1.

Maybe your team had a bad game, I'm not sure if they did or did not. I think you have a very good team.

I have shown a lot of respect for your program and your area in general with my post. Again, congratulations on an outstanding season.

Most of the other Livingston posters are considerate and nice. You are not. Your only argument in your posts are to discount someone using "if" in their posts. I wonder "if" you have anything rebuttels that do not include this?

My entire point was that GC or this district did not receive much respect from the rest of the state before or during this tournament. I hope they do now. Your team has been the beneficiary of respect for a while and you should be happy with that and return it. As a matter of fact, I am sure that I along with all of Gibson County have the utmost respect for your team, as well as, the other teams in your area today. You have a long history of good teams and should be proud of your traditions as we are of GC.

Butler had an off game. Nothing to read into that statement. I think might have a little to do with the Livingston defense but for the most part I think she just had an off game. I think some of her scoring was replaced with Griffin's offense. Maybe they win by more if she's having a good game. In my opinion, I think they would have but that's just my opinion. Not trying to rub salt in the wound.

I'm glad that GC won. Doesn't matter if it was by 20 or 1.

nice post wesfan

Here's my first post after the game. I think I was respectful about your team never made any excuses about why we lost. All I have heard from you people is how you didn't beat us by 50 points or the refs or IF IF IF .

here's one

another

another

another

You were respectful in that original post. Thanks. You have been disrespectful in many more. I am sure you are just a passionate fan and I understand that.

I apologize for any unfortunate misunderstanding by you on the intent of my earlier posts.

Good luck in the future to you and your team.