Manassas (25-2) Draws Humboldt (33-0)...Let the Games Begin!

dollar1906

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is all of the fuss is about? This is what everybody wanted now put up or shut up? Go to work or go to the game and get fired. Everybody except adsmom she has to see about out little one. Its all about the kids not the grown ups. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You know the old saying..."Watch for you wish for...you just might get it!"

I feel kinda bad for those who can't make it. Myself, I had already taken off of work a while back and made plans for the tournament. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

This what a tiger would do. I will be there with bells on. Will be there on Tuesday sporting all of my blue and gold. See dealing with Manassas you learn always be prepared. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I love this game. LOL

This what a tiger would do. I will be there with bells on. Will be there on Tuesday sporting all of my blue and gold. See dealing with Manassas you learn always be prepared. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I love this game. LOL

What's going on Tuesday?

I do NOT think that it makes for a better gate, Wednesday!

There are more than likely MANY fans who would love to see this game, but simply have to work. That's not likely to change, just because of this sudden (unexpected) Wednesday matchup between Manassas and Humboldt.

For many working stiffs, you usually have to request an "off" day/vacation....at least 1-week in advance, unless you call-in sick. In that instance, you'll often have to return to work with a Doctor's note or something.

Personally, in all my many years of attending the TSSAA tournament, I have never attended the State Tournament during the weekday (no desire); I only go on Championship Saturday (occasionally on Fridays, also)....IF and only if a Mphs area team is playing.

My gut tells me that there are far more fans that would SUDDENLY show up for Saturday Championship game between these two teams, as apposed to those suddenly showing up on a Wednesday.

I could be wrong, but I just really don't see Wednesday's attendance suddenly becoming more pronounced, at all.

I'll guarantee you Humboldt will be well represented on Wed. We've been hoping for this return to the 'boro all season and we'll not let our team down now. As for Manassas....don't know. They weren't well represented last year on Sat. at all I didn't think. This Wed. may be different.

This is for all of the Humbolt fans---what are you going to do if you win the Manassas game and then don't win it all? It has been known to happen that the best team does not win the title. One year I can recall with vivid memory was the year Goodpasture dropped down to single A in the 90's with the team that featured Ron Mercer and Drew Maddux. I recall telling everyone that they would win the regional final against BGA but they wouldnt win the tourney. Guess what? Even though Goodpasture was the best team in the state bar none, they beat BGA by 20 in the regional final but then met them in the state finals and BGA beat them. The best team doesn't always win. I could see them being beaten by Grace in the semis or even Summertown in the finals if they make it that far. they have faced much more athletic teams than them (Culleoka who was #2) and won. When you get a good defensive team, anything can happen. All they have to do is keep it close and have a shot at the end and your dreams are crushed.

this "BLIND DRAW" crap is a freaking joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a "blind MAN" could see that!!!!!! To have a true state tourney they need to figure something else out b/c every year it seems that either in the boys or the girls they place the two best teams on one side first round or they just flat out end up loading up one side with a large majority of the best teams. There should be no "luck of the draw" at this stage of the game. The kids and coaches work to hard all year to have a group of lazy TSSAA administrators just pull names out of a hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truth of the matter is that its not fair to the players/coaches that worked hard to get there to have odds stacked against them while obviously weaker teams can make it to the championship b/c of a much weaker path.

Anyway, winner of HBT/ Manassas game should win it all!

this "BLIND DRAW" crap is a freaking joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a "blind MAN" could see that!!!!!! To have a true state tourney they need to figure something else out b/c every year it seems that either in the boys or the girls they place the two best teams on one side first round or they just flat out end up loading up one side with a large majority of the best teams. There should be no "luck of the draw" at this stage of the game. The kids and coaches work to hard all year to have a group of lazy TSSAA administrators just pull names out of a hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truth of the matter is that its not fair to the players/coaches that worked hard to get there to have odds stacked against them while obviously weaker teams can make it to the championship b/c of a much weaker path.

Anyway, winner of HBT/ Manassas game should win it all!

Now tell us how you REALLY feel /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />