Which is the state's top team?

Indian

Which is the state's top team?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the state's top team?

SO THEY PLAYED NO 3A TEAM. JUST AT SUMMER CAMP WHEN COACHES ARE NOT AS WORRIED ABOUT A WIN AS SEEING WHAT THE GIRLS DO. WHAT 2A TEAM DID THEY PLAY THIS YEAR (NOT AT SUMMER CAMP). /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You "adults" are so worried about trying to tear CR down that you are actually spending time in posting stats, making ludicrous assumptions, and acting like jealous children. How pathetic! Some of you really need to grow up and just let all of these girls enjoy what they've accomplished. Opinions here on who's the best are completely irrelevant since the season is over. Those "As" as in A, AA, AAA only denote school size you know. They have nothing to do with team talent at all so saying a single A can't compete with a AAA is, well, stupid but of course stupid rules this thread. There can only be five players on the floor per team so how many As you have means nothing on the court. This years CR team could compete and beat any team in the state and, of course, they could also be beat as anyone could. They were a very big team, very quick, with all five starters able to consistently shoot the 3. In all four games against AAA CC and AA Stone, CR blew them out for three quarters and let the subs finish up in the fourth even though the opposition kept in their starters who significantly closed the margin by the end of the games. As a matter of fact, the starters were out of almost all of the games by mid third quarter so their 26 point margin of victory for the season could have easily been 40. They were a very special team that only comes around every now and then and those of us who cheered them on will always have fond memories of the '08-09 "Dream Team" that went 39-0 and dominated the state tournament. They will never be forgotten.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You "adults" are so worried about trying to tear CR down that you are actually spending time in posting stats, making ludicrous assumptions, and acting like jealous children. How pathetic! Some of you really need to grow up and just let all of these girls enjoy what they've accomplished. Opinions here on who's the best are completely irrelevant since the season is over. Those "As" as in A, AA, AAA only denote school size you know. They have nothing to do with team talent at all so saying a single A can't compete with a AAA is, well, stupid but of course stupid rules this thread. There can only be five players on the floor per team so how many As you have means nothing on the court. This years CR team could compete and beat any team in the state and, of course, they could also be beat as anyone could. They were a very big team, very quick, with all five starters able to consistently shoot the 3. In all four games against AAA CC and AA Stone, CR blew them out for three quarters and let the subs finish up in the fourth even though the opposition kept in their starters who significantly closed the margin by the end of the games. As a matter of fact, the starters were out of almost all of the games by mid third quarter so their 26 point margin of victory for the season could have easily been 40. They were a very special team that only comes around every now and then and those of us who cheered them on will always have fond memories of the '08-09 "Dream Team" that went 39-0 and dominated the state tournament. They will never be forgotten.

Sorry, but I don't understand. Maybe it's my already documented ignorance or maybe it's my childish stupidity, but didn't you just say that all the opinions on this thread were "stupid", "irrelevant", "ludicrous", and the debating was "pathetic" etc., then just throw in your own opinion on this thread?

I am assuming none of the posters who claimed that Clarkrange would dominate AAA are members of the Clarkrange team. If that's true, then nobody is preventing the "girls [from] enjoying what they've accomplished." From what I can tell, these are all adults (I know you disagree) who are debating a point that can't ever be proved one way or another. But, heck, isn't that what half of sports is about? (Ever listen to Mike & Mike) That's especially true from the fan's perspective. All fan's can do is argue for their team or cheer for their team. That's it. They can't decide it on the court. Besides I don't have a problem with the Clarkrange team. The problem is with the claim of AAA dominance. Sorry, I just don't agree and I don't think any of those who make that claim have backed it up well enough but I do respect that they defend their beliefs and are loyal fans.

You make a great point though. Clarkrange HAS accomplished a lot. They SHOULD be remembered as a VERY SPECIAL team. Any team that goes 39-0 and wins the Gold Ball is special regardless of A, AA, or AAA. So 1) why does anyone even bother to claim anything beyond that and 2) once they make a claim like that, why take it as a personal insult to the team if somebody has an opposing opinion, defends that opinion and asks for proof to back up the opposing claim.

Congrats to the Clarkrange team and its fans for a very special season.

Sorry, but I don't understand. Maybe it's my already documented ignorance or maybe it's my childish stupidity, but didn't you just say that all the opinions on this thread were "stupid", "irrelevant", "ludicrous", and the debating was "pathetic" etc., then just throw in your own opinion on this thread?

Actually I think most are just referring to yours! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You make a great point though. Clarkrange HAS accomplished a lot. They SHOULD be remembered as a VERY SPECIAL team. Any team that goes 39-0 and wins the Gold Ball is special regardless of A, AA, or AAA. So 1) why does anyone even bother to claim anything beyond that and 2) once they make a claim like that, why take it as a personal insult to the team if somebody has an opposing opinion, defends that opinion and asks for proof to back up the opposing claim.

You wouldn't know proof if it slapped you in the face!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

MY INTENT IS NOT TO DOWN CR, IF YOU LOOK AT ALL THE POSTS I MADE I GAVE CR CONGRATS FOR A GREAT SEASON AND THE 8th GOLD BALL. THE GC TEAM YOU KEEP SAYING CR COULD BEAT ALSO WENT UNBEATEN. AND PEOPLE GETTING ON HERE SAYING CR WOULD WIN ONLY HURTS THE GC GIRLS. THE FACT IS SOME FANS STARTED ALL THE TALK ABOUT WHO WOULD BEAT WHO. THE BEST THING FOR ALL TEAMS INVOLVED WOULD BE TO LEAVE THINGS ALONE. CR WON THE 1A GOLD BE HAPPY WITH THAT. GC WON THE 2A GOLD BALL BE HAPPY WITH THAT. LET THE GIRLS ENJOY WHAT THEY HAVE DONE. MARGIN OF VICTORY MEANS LITTLE IF YOU HAVE A COACH WITH CLASS, BECAUSE MOST WILL PULL OUT THE BETTER GIRLS EARLY IF THEY SEE A BLOW OUT . NO GOOD COACH WANTS THE HURT THE KIDS FROM THE OTHER TEAM BY WINNING BY 30 OR 40 EVERY NIGHT. CR IS A CLASS ACT SO TO THE FANS THAT KEEP DOWNING GC YOU ONLY HURT THE REP OF THE REST. ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS TO CR ON A GREAT SEASON. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Actually I think most are just referring to yours! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You wouldn't know proof if it slapped you in the face!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ouch and ouch.

Ironically, I thought you gave the best proof with the Jackson County thing. I meant to say something about that but got caught up with later comments. And you did it without calling me stupid once.

And now this, options86... Triple ouch. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

See you around the board...

MY INTENT IS NOT TO DOWN CR, IF YOU LOOK AT ALL THE POSTS I MADE I GAVE CR CONGRATS FOR A GREAT SEASON AND THE 8th GOLD BALL. THE GC TEAM YOU KEEP SAYING CR COULD BEAT ALSO WENT UNBEATEN. AND PEOPLE GETTING ON HERE SAYING CR WOULD WIN ONLY HURTS THE GC GIRLS. THE FACT IS SOME FANS STARTED ALL THE TALK ABOUT WHO WOULD BEAT WHO. THE BEST THING FOR ALL TEAMS INVOLVED WOULD BE TO LEAVE THINGS ALONE. CR WON THE 1A GOLD BE HAPPY WITH THAT. GC WON THE 2A GOLD BALL BE HAPPY WITH THAT. LET THE GIRLS ENJOY WHAT THEY HAVE DONE. MARGIN OF VICTORY MEANS LITTLE IF YOU HAVE A COACH WITH CLASS, BECAUSE MOST WILL PULL OUT THE BETTER GIRLS EARLY IF THEY SEE A BLOW OUT . NO GOOD COACH WANTS THE HURT THE KIDS FROM THE OTHER TEAM BY WINNING BY 30 OR 40 EVERY NIGHT. CR IS A CLASS ACT SO TO THE FANS THAT KEEP DOWNING GC YOU ONLY HURT THE REP OF THE REST. ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS TO CR ON A GREAT SEASON. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I concur. I would never say anything derogatory about Gibson County as they had a great team this year and deserved their title. This entire thread was only initiated to incite bashing back and forth. It is a worthless piece of internet garbage and should be pulled as it has zero relevance. We will NEVER see this CR team play again nor will the GC fans ever see theirs again, at least not this version. It's all fun to speculate about a game before it's played and then see what happens but after it's over it's over. Continuing this discussion in the manner in which it is currently being discussed only hurts all of these great teams and their players. All the '09 state champs are superb and all deserve our respect for their accomplishment this year. Belittling one or the other is immature and certainly does not display the type of sportsmanship "adults" should want to instill in the young people that play this game.

Ouch and ouch.

Ironically, I thought you made the most reasonable argument with the Jackson County thing. I meant to say something about that but got caught up with later comments. And you did it without calling me stupid once.

And now this, options86... Triple ouch. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Sorry about that, sometimes I get carried away! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I know most years we can't compete and you are correct on the depth issue. Like I said I wouldn't pick A over AAA every year or even AA most years, but there is an exception from year to year. Our height was the difference maker. It is unusual to have 5 girls 5'9 to 6'2. But the other unusual thing is how quick they were and how well they worked together. The margin of victory was deceiving, they were up 50-5 with four min. left in 2nd quarter in substate when the starters left the floor. Our JV gave up 34 points the rest of the game against their starters. Beat Crossville by 40 pts one game and then they played stall ball the next. Was up 20+ when starters left and JV gave up points to their starters. When our starters left most games in the 3rd quarter the other teams left in their starters to make the game respectable. Can't really judge us by our schedule, because our coach allowed his young players to get some much needed floor experience against other teams starters.

Sorry about that, sometimes I get carried away! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I know most years we can't compete and you are correct on the depth issue. Like I said I wouldn't pick A over AAA every year or even AA most years, but there is an exception from year to year. Our height was the difference maker. It is unusual to have 5 girls 5'9 to 6'2. But the other unusual thing is how quick they were and how well they worked together. The margin of victory was deceiving, they were up 50-5 with four min. left in 2nd quarter in substate when the starters left the floor. Our JV gave up 34 points the rest of the game against their starters. Beat Crossville by 40 pts one game and then they played stall ball the next. Was up 20+ when starters left and JV gave up points to their starters. When our starters left most games in the 3rd quarter the other teams left in their starters to make the game respectable. Can't really judge us by our schedule, because our coach allowed his young players to get some much needed floor experience against other teams starters.

Gotta agree with you on the height, quickness and teamwork. But IMO the difference maker was their 'strength at every position'...............Rarely do you see an A team that has this quality of players across the board........... This is why I believe they could hold their own in ANY class. If you'll think back, most winning A teams in the past had one to three "good"('Good is not the best description but it is the best I can come up with at the moment) players. The rest were 'role' players.............. Any of the first six players on this team could have been a standout on almost any A team and individually could have helped most teams in any class.............. When you put all this togeather with one of the best to ever coach the game you have a team like we may never see in A again.................One of the most enjoyable teams that I've ever seen play the game-------------- and I've watched more than 'a few'............ /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />