Senior Leadership

UC21FAN

Tonight, Unicoi County won 4-0 over the Lady Nights of Chuckey Doak, Kara Woods had a perfect game until the top of the 7th,a ball hit down 1st base line, a Senior standing there waiting for it 5 foot behind the bag, instead of charging the ball, it bounces off the 1st base bag to allow a hit plus an extra base. If that wasn't bad enough she stands there grinning after the play,rggggggg. Put a sophmore in I would expect it, but not from a Senior. This could cost us big time and I know kids will make mistakes but GEESS. If my Daughter grinned after costing a player,I would CHEW HER BUTT OUT! Thats unacceptible from a Senior! It's your carreer as a Senior better start acting like one!

Had she played back the whole game??? If so, sounds like your mad that someone didn't get a perfect game. You won 4-0 right. I guess you are lucky all the ball were not hit towards her. When you say Costing a player, I would think you should mean "cost your team", it can't be about one player /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . Congrats on the win!!!

I hope you are not implying she did it on purpose /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Tonight, Unicoi County won 4-0 over the Lady Nights of Chuckey Doak, Kara Woods had a perfect game until the top of the 7th,a ball hit down 1st base line, a Senior standing there waiting for it 5 foot behind the bag, instead of charging the ball, it bounces off the 1st base bag to allow a hit plus an extra base. If that wasn't bad enough she stands there grinning after the play,rggggggg. Put a sophmore in I would expect it, but not from a Senior. This could cost us big time and I know kids will make mistakes but GEESS. If my Daughter grinned after costing a player,I would CHEW HER BUTT OUT! Thats unacceptible from a Senior! It's your carreer as a Senior better start acting like one!

CANT YOU PEOPLE GET ALONE

Does anyone know any other parents of the players on the Unicoi team? Are all of the parents like the ones who have been posting on CoachT? I can't remember reading a single good thing about the team. That is truly a shame. I don't think these girls would have gone as far as they did in the past if they all had these types of role models to look up to all their lives. Do the girls bicker all the time like these few parents do? Have none of you ever heard the saying "If you can't say something good then don't say anything at all"? Why must you always belittle the team by always airing your dirty laundry? What good can come of it? Do you think that will pull the girls closer together? Do you think it will promote good teamwork? Personally, I don't. To the team I would like to say that I hope you go far. There will be mistakes made for none of us is perfect but remember that most of the people that come to see you play wish you only the best. I will be praying for all the girls to be able to be friends and that you will be able to be strong against all of the hurtful things that have been posted. I will also be praying for the few of you that feel it is necessary to be hurtful and that God will somehow show you how much it helps to be a positive influence to these children.

Does anyone know any other parents of the players on the Unicoi team? Are all of the parents like the ones who have been posting on CoachT? I can't remember reading a single good thing about the team. That is truly a shame. I don't think these girls would have gone as far as they did in the past if they all had these types of role models to look up to all their lives. Do the girls bicker all the time like these few parents do? Have none of you ever heard the saying "If you can't say something good then don't say anything at all"? Why must you always belittle the team by always airing your dirty laundry? What good can come of it? Do you think that will pull the girls closer together? Do you think it will promote good teamwork? Personally, I don't. To the team I would like to say that I hope you go far. There will be mistakes made for none of us is perfect but remember that most of the people that come to see you play wish you only the best. I will be praying for all the girls to be able to be friends and that you will be able to be strong against all of the hurtful things that have been posted. I will also be praying for the few of you that feel it is necessary to be hurtful and that God will somehow show you how much it helps to be a positive influence to these children.

thank goodness someone agrees. it's really a shame...once upon a time people from other schools in the conference would blast unicoi, talk of how unworthy the team was...now the team's parents feel the need to belittle the girls publicly. it's hard enough growing up as a teenager, especially an athlete who ALREADY probably puts tons more pressure on themself than anyone else ever could. at the end of the day, what's important is that the girls, ALL high school athletes, come away with lessons and values to better them as people, along with (good) lasting memories that they can carry with them through their lives. i love the game of softball. and it's just that...a game. sometimes things will go your way and sometimes it won't. let the girls play to ENJOY it. yes, i understand unicoi has a tradition of winning which carries with it enormous expectations...but that does not mean that we, as mere spectators to THEIR game, should try to take away the joy in the game. it isn't fair to them...and makes watching games miserable.

and as for the grinning, i can tell you that girls, and all athletes, handle things differently. as a coach, i would take a player who messes up, laughs a little in attempt to SHAKE IT OFF in order to keep playing their game over one who goes all mental when they mess up and the proceeds to not be able to stick their finger in their ear the rest of the game. a grin after a silly mistake, which may not even be a mistake since unicoi has ALWAYS played their first baseman behind the bag unless there is a runner on, is no huge issue. the game was WON. isn't that what is most important anyway?

to the players...if you're reading this, play softball. play it because you love it. and even if you don't love it, play with a love for your teammates. at the end of all this, they're the ones who will make this journey special. and by all means, if spectators continue to feel the need to belittle any of you on here, it may be best to not even be reading these threads. i'm willing to bet that the creators of this site never intended this message board to be utilized in such a way, a means of talking poorly about KIDS for the world to see. i agree...it is a shame, truly. i'm done with this. i'll defend the girls through heck and back...but to see parents act so poorly is disheartening, so hard ball is out for a while. take care.

JUST PLAY BALL, BLUE. have...FUN. (it is possible, i promise)

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Hardball and all others that has disgruntled opinions and facts of this thread. I am really embarrassed of myself that I wrote such a thing out of stupidity. ALL of you are TOTALLY CORRECT! Please forgive me of my ignorance. I feel horrible in which I should! Parents, Kids Mainly,Coaches, and Coach T Spectators, These girls are Great in my opinion, and Yes we have had some problems, but the Girls some how keep there head above the stupidity. Thank you for helping me see the light. Yes by all means Pray for our Parents, Like myself. Thanks again, Sincerely UC21

thank goodness someone agrees. it's really a shame...once upon a time people from other schools in the conference would blast unicoi, talk of how unworthy the team was...now the team's parents feel the need to belittle the girls publicly. it's hard enough growing up as a teenager, especially an athlete who ALREADY probably puts tons more pressure on themselves than anyone else ever could. at the end of the day, what's important is that the girls, ALL high school athletes, come away with lessons and values to better them as people, along with (good) lasting memories that they can carry with them through their lives. i love the game of softball. and it's just that...a game. sometimes things will go your way and sometimes it won't. let the girls play to ENJOY it. yes, i understand unicoi has a tradition of winning which carries with it enormous expectations...but that does not mean that we, as mere spectators to THEIR game, should try to take away the joy in the game. it isn't fair to them...and makes watching games miserable.

and as for the grinning, i can tell you that girls, and all athletes, handle things differently. as a coach, i would take a player who messes up, laughs a little in attempt to SHAKE IT OFF in order to keep playing their game over one who goes all mental when they mess up and the proceeds to not be able to stick their finger in their ear the rest of the game. a grin after a silly mistake, which may not even be a mistake since unicoi has ALWAYS played their first baseman behind the bag unless there is a runner on, is no huge issue. the game was WON. isn't that what is most important anyway?

to the players...if you're reading this, play softball. play it because you love it. and even if you don't love it, play with a love for your teammates. at the end of all this, they're the ones who will make this journey special. and by all means, if spectators continue to feel the need to belittle any of you on here, it may be best to not even be reading these threads. I'm willing to bet that the creators of this site never intended this message board to be utilized in such a way, a means of talking poorly about KIDS for the world to see. i agree...it is a shame, truly. i'm done with this. i'll defend the girls through heck and back...but to see parents act so poorly is disheartening, so hard ball is out for a while. take care.

JUST PLAY BALL, BLUE. have...FUN. (it is possible, i promise)

Nice post. Remember parents...your kids watch and listen to you more than you think.

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I'm not too Proud to admit I'm wrong!

Nice post. Remember parents...your kids watch and listen to you more than you think.

Good Luck Monday the 23rd, Unicoi at Elizabethton, should be a real nail biter, with Kadey Robinson on the mound for Elizabethton, Kara Woods on the mound for Unicoi. Kadey pitched a No Hitter Last season and an Error @ the plate give U.C. a 1-0 victory. Outstanding Defense and pitching on both teams. It's worth your money and time to come see this game! It's what you pay to see Win or Lose.