Rhea County

supereagle

That is what I was thinking, however I think that with Mr. Levengood being named the new Superintendent for the Rhea Co school system. I think that was a huge deciding factor for coach Fitz decision. Plus I knew a lot of school had a lot interest in our coaches, because they are very good coaches, but I didn't see them leaving Rhea Coouty.

What exactly does the Superintendent have to do with Fitzgerald?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your coach Fitzgerald is trying to dip on you, he almost took the william blount job, and none of you ever had a clue he was thinking about leaving. Better watch him,or you will be stuck like WB, after their coach hit the highroad

I guess I should expect another complete denial of this in the paper (like Sequatchie Co. last year)?

all this just doesnt sit well with me....I mean if he wants to leave he needs to get out of here...Ive had enough with this guessing game thats been going on over the past few years. How can you expect the boys to be dedicated to the team if the coach is out sleeping with the enemy?

Now I know you coaches read these threads.....youre probably posting...so heres to you Fitzy.....if you wanna leave this place thats been so good to you for over a decade...even after you let all the discipline go down the crapper in 2003...then go ahead. Well be fine without you and dont let the door hit you on the way out. If you plan on staying here and being OUR coach then stop flirting with Cleveland, Soddy, etc...

all this just doesnt sit well with me....I mean if he wants to leave he needs to get out of here...Ive had enough with this guessing game thats been going on over the past few years. How can you expect the boys to be dedicated to the team if the coach is out sleeping with the enemy?

Now I know you coaches read these threads.....youre probably posting...so heres to you Fitzy.....if you wanna leave this place thats been so good to you for over a decade...even after you let all the discipline go down the crapper in 2003...then go ahead. Well be fine without you and dont let the door hit you on the way out. If you plan on staying here and being OUR coach then stop flirting with Cleveland, Soddy, etc...

I don't know why he would look around. He just had a ten win season and jack..... like you get on here and rip the defense or play call instaead of being excited for the team and coaches. 10 win seasons check and see how many teams out of the 338 in the state accomplished that. You are the one that use to choke in big games.

I don't know why he would look around. He just had a ten win season and jack..... like you get on here and rip the defense or play call instaead of being excited for the team and coaches. 10 win seasons check and see how many teams out of the 338 in the state accomplished that. You are the one that use to choke in big games.

Since this is OUR team how bout just being a fan of our team. If you have a problem go to fitzgerald and talk to him about it. Since you have been so good to him the last decade tell me how. Have you been to the stadium and helped out with anything.(cleaning painting mowing) Have you helped paint the locker room or weight room. Have you donated any money besides just the money you paid at the gate? Have you been by to speak with the team like some former players, have you been by to tell fitzgerald as a former player your feelings. My guess is no you have done nothing for OUR team besides sit behind a computer screen and rip somebody.

I don't have a dog in this hunt but there is the glass half full side of it. I mean if there were openings in your field of work would you not owe it to yourself and family to at least explore the options on occasion? I mean after all he did stay at Rhea. It bothers me to know end that fans will slam coaches for looking around, when it is good, but some of those same fans will be calling for a change if a bad year or two rolls around. It is a two edge sword. Be glad that you have a coach that others would want, but has elected to stay with you. It does not mean the man is disloyal at all. He has a right and if nothing else the same obligation to look after and take care of his family the same as "anyone else". Surely one can see that is a double standard by almost anyone's standards.

I don't have a dog in this hunt but there is the glass half full side of it. I mean if there were openings in your field of work would you not owe it to yourself and family to at least explore the options on occasion? I mean after all he did stay at Rhea. It bothers me to know end that fans will slam coaches for looking around, when it is good, but some of those same fans will be calling for a change if a bad year or two rolls around. It is a two edge sword. Be glad that you have a coach that others would want, but has elected to stay with you. It does not mean the man is disloyal at all. He has a right and if nothing else the same obligation to look after and take care of his family the same as "anyone else". Surely one can see that is a double standard by almost anyone's standards.

Well Dave! I understand your argument, but how many times do you go to the well? Last year, This year to at least two schools and how many schools are there that we have no clue about? This is the first time that I have ever posted and I bleed green/gold. I am a Rhea county fan and have been since 9 months in /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I think that everone who played in the early 90's (as well as probably most Rhea County Teams) would fight tooth and nail for Rhea county and would never...I mean never consider going across the river! You can scream money all you want, but it cannot be enough to sell your soul /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />.

I cannot complain with tht job that the coaches have done with the program. My concern is how loyal are they and will they run if given the opportunity...

What exactly does the Superintendent have to do with Fitzgerald?

I heard from talking to a couple of coaches that if it wasn't for Levengood becoming superintendent and talking Coach Fitz, then Fitz would have taken the job at WB along with a few of the other assistants. I highly doubt the guy from North Carolina that was also running would have talked to Fitz. So in short Levengood becoming superintendent playsd a part in Fitz decision to stay in Rhea County. From what I heard also Fitz and the other coaches had a talk today about the situation because some of the coaches didn't know Fitz was looking around at WB and other places. Which made a few coaches upset but everything is good now and what I take from it Fitz is not going to be looking around anymore. It's time for summer workouts to begin next Wednesday bright and early at 6 a.m.

Just a side note from watching the in coming freshmen today. I don't know why any of our coaches would want to look around. The amount of talent that is coming in with this freshmen class is unbelievable. Some of these freshmen may have a shot at some varsity playing time.

Since this is OUR team how bout just being a fan of our team. If you have a problem go to fitzgerald and talk to him about it. Since you have been so good to him the last decade tell me how. Have you been to the stadium and helped out with anything.(cleaning painting mowing) Have you helped paint the locker room or weight room. Have you donated any money besides just the money you paid at the gate? Have you been by to speak with the team like some former players, have you been by to tell fitzgerald as a former player your feelings. My guess is no you have done nothing for OUR team besides sit behind a computer screen and rip somebody.

Well guess I was right you do read this Coach Fitz.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

as for all the stuff youve said....its not even relevant to this discussion. That, my friend, is what you call a red herring....look it up...they must not have taught it at Auburn.

Well guess I was right you do read this Coach Fitz.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

as for all the stuff youve said....its not even relevant to this discussion. That, my friend, is what you call a red herring....look it up...they must not have taught it at Auburn.

I wish I was Coach Fitzgerald. I wouldn't mind being the Head Coach. Relevant to the discussion? I knew you couldn't answer the questions!

I heard from talking to a couple of coaches that if it wasn't for Levengood becoming superintendent and talking Coach Fitz, then Fitz would have taken the job at WB along with a few of the other assistants. I highly doubt the guy from North Carolina that was also running would have talked to Fitz. So in short Levengood becoming superintendent playsd a part in Fitz decision to stay in Rhea County. From what I heard also Fitz and the other coaches had a talk today about the situation because some of the coaches didn't know Fitz was looking around at WB and other places. Which made a few coaches upset but everything is good now and what I take from it Fitz is not going to be looking around anymore. It's time for summer workouts to begin next Wednesday bright and early at 6 a.m.

Just a side note from watching the in coming freshmen today. I don't know why any of our coaches would want to look around. The amount of talent that is coming in with this freshmen class is unbelievable. Some of these freshmen may have a shot at some varsity playing time.

Why would a different superintendent (the guy from N.C.) have caused them to go to Willie Blount?

I was in the interview at WB. You guys have a great coach. He absolutely blew me away. He had done his homework. He had plans set up to keep kids in our feeder schools from going to other schools (Maryville and Alcoa). He had passion. He is a proven winner. He has had great stability. He had everything we were looking for. The one thing that totally turned me on to him during the process really turned me against him in the end. He said on more than one occasion.....I want to be the next head coach at William Blount. He was offered that position on a Thursday night. One week later (which included numerous phone calls, text messages, and emails) after stringing us along, he says no. We wanted to have a coach in place before school was out. Our next guy lives in Alabama. He accepts the job but obviously can't get up here in time for the last day of school to meet with all of the coaches and players. So I personally felt like I was played by Fitzgerald. If he was really just blowing smoke in the interview and he didn't want to be the next coach at WBHS, then the least he could have done was tell us a week earlier. That bothers me. Coaching wise I think you have a great coach. Character and Integrity........probably good most of the time but he has to get an F on the grade card for the weeks of May 11 and May 18. We were teased and lied to while a couple of the committee members went far and above the call of duty to help make it work. My advice to Coach Fitz.....If you are really not 100% sure you want to coach at another school, then let them know after the interview process. It's fine to go and interview and see what you like or dislike but when it's time to get serious, bail out if you are not committed to go.

Here is a great analogy to how this played out. Coach Fitz and Rhea County are married. William Blount was an attractive school. Coach cheated on Rhea for a week or so and promised WB that he would leave to join them. 10 days and a lot of heartache later, he returns to his brideschool and asks for forgiveness.

In closing, I wish you guys and Coach Fitz at Rhea County good luck.