Rhea County

supereagle

How did the team look at practice today, RheaCo?

The team looked good today, and really practice all this week has had a good tempo. I can really tell it is game week the starters and 2nd string guys are taking tons of reps. Today was a pretty light day just trying to get the plays done right and getting the finer details taken care of. Things have been going good and players are ready. The 48 hour clock to kick-off is underway.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Dayton Herald Spirit of Autumn section was great. Was that Tyler (TD) Dennis on the front? It was an informational (and entertaining) part of the newspaper and finally worth the 50 cents on a Wednesday. The funny article was good and the explanation of the playoffs was good too.

I'm ready for Friday night - let's go, Rhea County!

I thought the Dayton Herald Spirit of Autumn section was great. Was that Tyler (TD) Dennis on the front? It was an informational (and entertaining) part of the newspaper and finally worth the 50 cents on a Wednesday. The funny article was good and the explanation of the playoffs was good too.

I'm ready for Friday night - let's go, Rhea County!

Like you eaglefan I thought the Spirit of Autumn was good this year. And yea that was TD on the front. Also I think the 50 cents spent on Wednesday's are better than the 1.00 spent on Sunday anymore.

In response to the rule RheaCo brought up: I have never heard of such a rule. In saying that, I'm not saying its not true; it's just an awful rule to have in place. Granted, I believe if a player starts a season, especially if he goes through all of summer workouts, he should finish. That's how I was raised, but that was many decades ago. If he wants to concentrate on basketball, more power to him. He is a decent basketball player, and I'm happy to hear that he has some small schools looking at him.

As far as replacing him at Y, could they move Stone into his position? I would think JT knows the system well enough to jump right in. He is a versatile athlete who, I would think, can adapt to the role at Y really quick. Just an observation from an old man who loves the game.

In response to the rule RheaCo brought up: I have never heard of such a rule. In saying that, I'm not saying its not true; it's just an awful rule to have in place. Granted, I believe if a player starts a season, especially if he goes through all of summer workouts, he should finish. That's how I was raised, but that was many decades ago. If he wants to concentrate on basketball, more power to him. He is a decent basketball player, and I'm happy to hear that he has some small schools looking at him.

As far as replacing him at Y, could they move Stone into his position? I would think JT knows the system well enough to jump right in. He is a versatile athlete who, I would think, can adapt to the role at Y really quick. Just an observation from an old man who loves the game.

If there is not some kind of rule, then they need one. For a player not wanting to practice at certain times for what ever reason is bull. When you have players busting there tails everyday and someone that has not been practicing comes in and plays above them is a bunch of crap. I don't care how good they are. I'm not on Wilkerson's at all. In fact I wish him the very best, he is a good kid.

Dumb dumb rule. While I agree that if you start something then you should finish it, Wilkerson should be allowed to go to B-Ball practice.

I see nothing dumb about it. And yes I agree when you start something finish it. And I don't think nobody said he couldn't go to B-Ball practice. But it is football season not basketball season.

I see nothing dumb about it. And yes I agree when you start something finish it. And I don't think nobody said he couldn't go to B-Ball practice. But it is football season not basketball season.

Ever since this rule was put in place a couple years, I have had mixed feelings about this rule. Yeah Tyler can go to the practices, but he can not participate with the team until football season is over is the way I understand the rule. If anybody does want a better explanation on this rule Coach Messimer knows the rule and how it works better than anyone I know, and like I said earlier they are wanting to change the rule some to give a little wiggle room for curtain situations.

Ever since this rule was put in place a couple years, I have had mixed feelings about this rule. Yeah Tyler can go to the practices, but he can not participate with the team until football season is over is the way I understand the rule. If anybody does want a better explanation on this rule Coach Messimer knows the rule and how it works better than anyone I know, and like I said earlier they are wanting to change the rule some to give a little wiggle room for curtain situations.

I am ok with what ever rule they do. Just don't let it take away from kids that are there everyday busting there chops.

Dumb dumb rule. While I agree that if you start something then you should finish it, Wilkerson should be allowed to go to B-Ball practice.

Football season ends potentially in December. Basketball practice begins on October 26th. That's a month and a half of practice/games he would have to miss. Not to mention the fact that the basketball team is shooting/working out every day during school and he can't participate in that. This may be "football" season, but most sports are nearly year round nowadays.

As I walked into the field house today the first thing I heard is that the rule has been changed. The rule now reads that if a player quits before the first game of the season. Then that player can go ahead and practice and play with another team. However after the first game if a player quits they are not allow to move on to another sport until after the sport they quit has finished its season.

So Tyler will be allowed to play and practice basketball all he wants with the team. Also if the other three Devon, Ricky, or Billy decide to run cross country, play basketball, or wrestle, they will be allow to.

Today's practice was more of run through the game plan than anything. They spent a lot of time just going over what they special teams are going to do tomorrow. Then the offense went over a few plays and ran a couple plays. Then the defense review what they are suppose to do. Then the sky opened up and it poured. The field is in great shape, but it really need does need some rain on it.