Rhea County

supereagle

As I walked into the field house today the first thing I heard is that the rule has been changed. The rule now reads that if a player quits before the first game of the season. Then that player can go ahead and practice and play with another team. However after the first game if a player quits they are not allow to move on to another sport until after the sport they quit has finished its season.

So Tyler will be allowed to play and practice basketball all he wants with the team. Also if the other three Devon, Ricky, or Billy decide to run cross country, play basketball, or wrestle, they will be allow to.

Today's practice was more of run through the game plan than anything. They spent a lot of time just going over what they special teams are going to do tomorrow. Then the offense went over a few plays and ran a couple plays. Then the defense review what they are suppose to do. Then the sky opened up and it poured. The field is in great shape, but it really need does need some rain on it.

That does not surprise me any. It seems that everything is always changed just in time to benefit people. I would bet anything that if someone quit Monday the rule would changed again. No back bone.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhea Co. is not the only school with this rule. Chatt. Central has the same rule. If you quit a sport then you can't participate in another till the sport you quit season is over. Sports are supposed to teach more than competition, what about commitment, what about being accountable to your teammates as well as coaches. I think for one it is a good rule and as long as the player is aware of it going into the season there should be no problem. Kind of like driving down the road and you see a speed limit sign of 55, but you CHOOSE to drive 65 and get pulled over. No one is to blame but you. A final note is that it helps curb the thing that happens at times where a JV player will play the JV season then quit right after that season is finished to start another sport. If this type of behavior is allowed then I think you are setting yourself up for problems down the road. IMO again just my 2 cents worth, good luck to the Eagles of Rhea Co. tonight.

You're missing the point. The purpose of this rule is to prevent players from skipping 6 AM's in baseball. This is Tyler's first year playing football, and he decided he didn't like it. More than likely the coaches came to him and asked him to come play and try football out. I have no problem with it at all if he decided he didn't like it.

Now that he's done with football would you rather him:

A) Sit around and do nothing because of some arbitrary rule.

:angry: Do something productive that RCHS will benefit from and potentially PAY HIS WAY TO COLLEGE

There are bigger fish to fry here. I'd be much more concerned with the players who've quit the team umpteen times and are let back on.

• 2 weeks later...