Grace vs. Manassas

TempleTrue

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha true! but that certain 08 grad did not have the post talent and presence that buckner possesses...and he shot the 3 ball. buckner doesn't shoot from outside, or at least he didn't today. he just seems lazy to me, but a great talent.

garace he has one just didn't need it today. The kid is very smart he know how to play within his offense

Trust me Patrick will find out just how lazy this kid is. How can you'll get on coacht and call the top 30 player in the nation lazy where have you'll been?

I've been watching basketball in Chattanooga, that's where I've been! like i said, this is my 1st time to see the kid play, and i can tell he is an extremely rare talent. i'm not saying that he's a lazy player, he just seemed to play lazy today. but i'm sure that will change as the tournament goes on...

I'll bet money that the center for Grace will not attempt to guard Buckner one on one in the post and definitly not on the perimeter. I have been reading this lazy stuff about Buckner all year, but the FACTS are his team wins and he has excellent numbers. Granted he is not Kevin Garnett and screams and sweats and yells the whole game, but he is a great player that seems to be knocked a little too much.

LOL, if the post from Grace comes out to guard Buckner on the perimeter, I can't wait to see Reggie drive to the basket and jam it in all over him! I hope I can get a good picture of it!!!!

Now thats going to be real ugly almost as bad as it was when he did it on LC. What was that masked /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> man name was?

I saw Buckner this Summer in AAU. I saw 2 guys guarding him on each side around the top of the perimeter. Buckner took off to the basket with a guy on each hip and then another guy tried to come in and block Buckner's dunk and he posterized all 3 guys on 1 dunk. MTiger, you might've been there, Legend was. The AAU tournament was in Dickson.

LOL, if the post from Grace comes out to guard Buckner on the perimeter, I can't wait to see Reggie drive to the basket and jam it in all over him! I hope I can get a good picture of it!!!!

Why would Grace send a post out on the perimeter to guard him? The kid might have an outside shot, but he didn't show it today. And i believe that Grace might use a matchup zone...but either way, there is no way that coach mattheis is going to send Pat out on perimeter. if buckner has any speed at all, which in KNOW he does, then yes, he would blow by shaughnessy. but i don't think you have to worry about getting any pictures, cuz no post will guard him outside.

the reason a lot of the post get deleted is probably because they cant be understood or the spelling is so bad.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> t t t today junior!!! buckner is good and athletic, so is patrick. buckner is said to be lazy. patrick is one of the hardest workers you will ever meet. buckner cant score on a 6'4" post from humboldt how is he going to score against patrick. patrick is averaging about 15pts buckner had like 7 against humboldt. they both do a good job on defense and they both had about 5 blocks in their games today. i think patrick can hold his own. not that buckner cant. but with all that being said Grace has amazing gaurds and they all have the ability to just go off and score 20 plus not to mention herman puts up about 20 a game any ways. mannassas didnt even have a 3 until the 3 or 4th quarter and they played very sloppy. so did Grace at first. Grace of knox had about 8 threes and couldnt miss any thing the whole game and grace won handlily. all that to say Grace christian of knox had better scorers and better gaurds than manassas and look what their fate was. so if manassas wants to get out of this one alive they better step up the gaurd play and buckner better score more. IMO

Of all the teams I saw in singla A today, I thought Grace had the best flow and rhythm and, in my opinion, was really the best team on the court. It blew me away to see Grace Christian knock down so many threes in the first half and Grace still controlling the game and the lead. Well done!

It seemed to take Humboldt and Manassas a little bit of time to get settled in but I am not sure that neither team would say they gave their best performance, though it was a very enjoyable show. Buckner was definitely a good player and I really liked how smooth his moves were and how well he handled the ball. He had a couple of crazy blocks! He has a good game inside and outside, and seemed to prefer to play more outside.

Patrick is an intense player and you will not see him come to the outside much. He seems to score a ton on putbacks. He is the janitor, cleaning up everyone else's missed shots. If Buckner stays on the outside or drives the lane rather than posting up on Patrick, I think Patrick will be Grace's hero.

Having watched Grace play clost to ten games so far this season, I can honestly say that they have not missed a step having been off the last week and a half.