Wrestling State Duals Moving to Franklin

CoachT

It is a whopping eighteen miles closer to Johnson City. I'm beside myself with joy.

No matter what the situation is, someone will complain. If Clarksville kept it then you'd be driving that extra 18 and complaining about wrestling in an auxiliary gym.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will 4,180 seats be enough?

I think for the duals there will be more than enough seats.

I haven't seen this year's numbers yet for the traditional tournament, but here's an idea based on 2008's numbers.

Paid attendance for each day is as follows for the 2008 tournament:

Wednesday: 1125

Thursday: 1823

Friday: 2281

Figure another 670 wrestlers and 600-700 other people receiving some kind of pass (press, non-qualifying wrestlers, etc.), so add 1350 to the biggest day and you're looking at around 3600 total.

One other thing, the Ag Center has no problem with teams bringing in food.

Coach Blair

I haven't seen this year's numbers yet for the traditional tournament, but here's an idea based on 2008's numbers.

Figure another 670 wrestlers and 600-700 other people receiving some kind of pass (press, non-qualifying wrestlers, etc.), so add 1350 to the biggest day and you're looking at around 3600 total.

Coach Blair

Congrats coach, you secured the duals in record time. I vote that you secure the traditional as well for next year! If it is a matter of making money, looks like a free location gotta help.

I thought we were told that it was TSSAA that had the problem with food? Was it the state or UTC?

Coach Blair

Great job coach on being the driving force on this deal, do you think there is any realm of possibilty that the individuals could also be there in 2010-2011 season?

Great post and logic, but again there will still be those people from the Chattanooga area that will still gripe and whine if the individual tourney is moved to Williamson County.

You're be an expert on that topic. You'd have to go to a VOLS football board to find folks who know more about the subject of griping and whining than FR fans!

Congrats coach, you secured the duals in record time. I vote that you secure the traditional as well for next year! If it is a matter of making money, looks like a free location gotta help.

I thought we were told that it was TSSAA that had the problem with food? Was it the state or UTC?

The arena was the one with the problem on bringing in food, not TSSAA.

Unless something changes, don't look for the traditional here in 2010. If it does happen, it will probably be 2011. Give us a chance to try and pull off the duals first. You never know, we could totally fall on our faces on this.

Coach Blair

The arena was the one with the problem on bringing in food, not TSSAA.

Unless something changes, don't look for the traditional here in 2010. If it does happen, it will probably be 2011. Give us a chance to try and pull off the duals first. You never know, we could totally fall on our faces on this.

Coach Blair

I don't see you falling on your face with this one...

Should be a great change for all...

Everybody wants it all under one roof...

Congratulations

I find it a little ironic that Franklin is where the evil coach at Clarksville once coached and won a state title. I think it's a conspiracy. I bet there will be guys in black suits and sunglasses.

What are they going to do about the well dirt and horse pop. It does have a dirt floor. It would make for the mats to not lay flat and imagine the amount of wrestlers that would get ringworm by the second day.

I'm just kidding. I think it is great. Central location, not at a school and the old stomping grounds of the great Jeff Jordan. Will this still give him an unfair advantage. I don't think it matters he's a great coach.

By the way the food is awsome at the arena. I do some sheep wranglin there and ate so much the mutten couldn't hold me.

I find it a little ironic that Franklin is where the evil coach at Clarksville once coached and won a state title. I think it's a conspiracy. I bet there will be guys in black suits and sunglasses.

What are they going to do about the well dirt and horse pop. It does have a dirt floor. It would make for the mats to not lay flat and imagine the amount of wrestlers that would get ringworm by the second day.

I'm just kidding. I think it is great. Central location, not at a school and the old stomping grounds of the great Jeff Jordan. Will this still give him an unfair advantage. I don't think it matters he's a great coach.

By the way the food is awsome at the arena. I do some sheep wranglin there and ate so much the mutten couldn't hold me.

You know, normally I know when BCB is getting near because I can smell him. That maybe a problem at the Ag center! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All kidding aside - the dirt never leaves the floor of the ag center. what they do is spray it down with water and it hardens to a really thick consistency and than cover it with several layers of carpet, etc....

The ag center is really roomy. The stands are elevated above the floor allowing for everyone to have a good view but also keeps fans off the floors which is always a good thing. Should be a good time!

You know, normally I know when BCB is getting near because I can smell him. That maybe a problem at the Ag center! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All kidding aside - the dirt never leaves the floor of the ag center. what they do is spray it down with water and it hardens to a really thick consistency and than cover it with several layers of carpet, etc....

The ag center is really roomy. The stands are elevated above the floor allowing for everyone to have a good view but also keeps fans off the floors which is always a good thing. Should be a good time!

Won't that make it very humid. Wet mud under the carpet that's under the mats. I was just being funny before but this does raise some questions.

Maybe the Marine Recruiters can bring in a mechanical bull for this event instead of the pull-up bar.

BCB ii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> can finally pull his chaps out of the closet and do a fashion show and ride for the fans. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />