TAYLOR ADKINS VS. MONTEREY

secondbase10

Let me clarify what I meant. Not being negative towards anyone player. Just stating the truth.

You are only as good as your competition forces you to be. Playing in a tough district is humbling at times even for the best players. Playing in a softer district it's easier for one player to STAND out and look like they are heads above the others. To be a stand out pitcher in the same district as Riverdale/Oakland/siegel/Blackman is alot tougher than being a stand out pitcher with Monterey/Jackson Co./RBS.

I'm exactly sure how old she is but she would have only had 1 coach change in her high school career if she had gone to Cookeville. And from what we saw in Cookeville the coach they have there now seems to be a no nonsense type of coach and seems to be playing to win and not to make parents happy. The parents and players there need to be thankful for that change. And on top of that Cookeville has a pitcher that is a junior I think (blonde hair) that is not only really strong on the mound, can play anywhere in the field, and can hit the ball. Even more competition?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree about Cookeville's coach. He seems to want to win. I understand he works his girls hard and does not take any back talk or whinning from the girls and their parents. I wish all of them, players and coaches, the very best of luck. It is time Cookeville got back on the winning track.

If Miss Adkins wanted competition instead of trying to be the center of attention in everything she does she would have transfered to Cookeville when she left Baxter to go to Monterey before she left Monterey to go to Jackson Co. Anyone see a pattern here?

All of the first three schools are in that general area and not too far apart. Cookeville is in a really tough district with the Boro teams and the water would have been deeper. Not what they were looking for obviously.

My point exactly Midtenn! Thats what these people can't seem to understand is the issue of being the center of attention... That was the reason for leaving Baxter, and the was a problem at Monterey. When most of the attention was deverted it was like the end of the world to the parent. And no Turna-d I don't have a kid that played with her or even have a kid. And no I'm not a teacher or even live in the upper cumberland so there!!! And you think I'm reliving my high school career thru my child(hard because I don't have a child). Thats the problem here and to answer your ?, thats what I couldn't take anymore of. From what I have heard she is a great kid but constantly being put on a pedistle from a parent has put her in this situation of always being about ME!!!

Like Midtenn said, if you want to get better you have to play better competition... Who cares if you have 20 win seasons, look at their schedule... And the AAA teams you talk about them playing, well I don't know of any powerhouses they've played from AAA. Same with baseball... Everyone talks about softball this and baseball that. Well, what happens after they win district and go on to play other side of Region. Their season is usually over. Going to Jackson Co. and playing even weaker softball will only hurt her college career.

My point exactly Midtenn! Thats what these people can't seem to understand is the issue of being the center of attention... That was the reason for leaving Baxter, and the was a problem at Monterey. When most of the attention was deverted it was like the end of the world to the parent. And no Turna-d I don't have a kid that played with her or even have a kid. And no I'm not a teacher or even live in the upper cumberland so there!!! And you think I'm reliving my high school career thru my child(hard because I don't have a child). Thats the problem here and to answer your ?, thats what I couldn't take anymore of. From what I have heard she is a great kid but constantly being put on a pedistle from a parent has put her in this situation of always being about ME!!!

Like Midtenn said, if you want to get better you have to play better competition... Who cares if you have 20 win seasons, look at their schedule... And the AAA teams you talk about them playing, well I don't know of any powerhouses they've played from AAA. Same with baseball... Everyone talks about softball this and baseball that. Well, what happens after they win district and go on to play other side of Region. Their season is usually over. Going to Jackson Co. and playing even weaker softball will only hurt her college career.

Jealousy is not an appealing characteristic to have. It is such a sad obsession. Just let it go.

Jealousy is not an appealing characteristic to have. It is such a sad obsession. Just let it go.

Jealous of WHAT?? I assure you sir that I have nothing related to this topic, whether it be ability to play sports(which I have done at a lot higher level than single A high school ball or college), relationships with teammates or accomplishments to even be slightly jealous.... Maybe you should travel outside this area and see what real softball and baseball teams look like. You've got to be kinding me, JEALOUS!

I played with Taylor and im not mad or bitter that she left its her buisness i wish she would have stayed but it was her choice and no one elses so people just need to leave it at that and stop running their mouths about what they dont know they treated coach stevens wrong and thats who taylor wanted to play for cause shes a good coach so she left thats it so just leave it at that she didnt leave to be the center of attention people say that she was always the center of attention because shes a good pitcher of course shes gonna be the center of attention im not saying all the attention was on her cause it wasnt

Jealous of WHAT?? I assure you sir that I have nothing related to this topic, whether it be ability to play sports(which I have done at a lot higher level than single A high school ball or college), relationships with teammates or accomplishments to even be slightly jealous.... Maybe you should travel outside this area and see what real softball and baseball teams look like. You've got to be kinding me, JEALOUS!

Yes, you come off as a jealous little schoolgirl. Just so you know, I am not a sir. I have played at a higher level also and yes I played ball all over. So you say "I have done at a lot higher level than single A high school ball or college" So your telling us your pro? lol You mentioned baseball so are you a guy that she rejected?lol Jealous schoolgirl or bitter rejected guy. Which ever one you are it??™s sad you have to come on a web site to get your digs at her. Don't have "last word syndrome" just let it go.

Yes, you come off as a jealous little schoolgirl. Just so you know, I am not a sir. I have played at a higher level also and yes I played ball all over. So you say "I have done at a lot higher level than single A high school ball or college" So your telling us your pro? lol You mentioned baseball so are you a guy that she rejected?lol Jealous schoolgirl or bitter rejected guy. Which ever one you are it??™s sad you have to come on a web site to get your digs at her. Don't have "last word syndrome" just let it go.

Sorry Mam.... Longtime since I've been a schoolboy so I don't think I've been involved in that crowd of boys.

FIRST OF ALL, THE TITLE OF THIS TOPIC WAS NOT MEANT TO IMPLY THAT IT WAS ONE PLAYER AGAINST ANOTHER TEAM. WE ALL KNOW THAT IT TAKES A TEAM EFFORT TO WIN OR LOSE. INSTEAD, THE TITLE WAS MEANT TO IMPLY THAT FORMER TEAMMATES WERE PLAYING AGAINST ONE ANOTHER. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT SELECTING A BETTER TOPIC TITLE. AS FOR SILENT MAJORITY, YOU MAY NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN, BUT YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A CHILD AND YOUR CREDIBILITY IS QUESTIONABLE. YOU WENT FROM KNOWING WHAT THE BATTING AVERAGES OF THE MONTEREY PLAYERS WERE "SUPPOSEDLY" TO NOT EVEN BEING FROM THIS AREA. THE BATTING AVERAGES HAVE NEVER BEEN POSTED, SO WHICH ONE IS IT? BUSTED!! LOL IF YOU ARE FROM THIS AREA, THEN I WOULD BE ASHAMED BECAUSE YOU ARE PUTTING DOWN BOTH THE MONTEREY SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL TEAMS WHICH HAVE BEEN TWO OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMS IN THE UPPER CUMBERLAND. AS FOR THESE TEAMS NOT PLAYING QUALITY TEAMS, ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS TO SCHEDULE YOUR AGAIN "SUPPOSEDLY" GREAT TEAM THAT YOU PLAYED FOR AGAINST MONTEREY. I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU PLAYED ANYWHERE GREAT HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE OR ARE DOING ANYTHING GREAT AT THIS MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE BECAUSE YOU POSTED AT MID-NIGHT AND MOST OF US WITH A CAREER ARE IN BED AT THAT TIME.

FIRST OF ALL, THE TITLE OF THIS TOPIC WAS NOT MEANT TO IMPLY THAT IT WAS ONE PLAYER AGAINST ANOTHER TEAM. WE ALL KNOW THAT IT TAKES A TEAM EFFORT TO WIN OR LOSE. INSTEAD, THE TITLE WAS MEANT TO IMPLY THAT FORMER TEAMMATES WERE PLAYING AGAINST ONE ANOTHER. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT SELECTING A BETTER TOPIC TITLE. AS FOR SILENT MAJORITY, YOU MAY NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN, BUT YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A CHILD AND YOUR CREDIBILITY IS QUESTIONABLE. YOU WENT FROM KNOWING WHAT THE BATTING AVERAGES OF THE MONTEREY PLAYERS WERE "SUPPOSEDLY" TO NOT EVEN BEING FROM THIS AREA. THE BATTING AVERAGES HAVE NEVER BEEN POSTED, SO WHICH ONE IS IT? BUSTED!! LOL IF YOU ARE FROM THIS AREA, THEN I WOULD BE ASHAMED BECAUSE YOU ARE PUTTING DOWN BOTH THE MONTEREY SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL TEAMS WHICH HAVE BEEN TWO OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMS IN THE UPPER CUMBERLAND. AS FOR THESE TEAMS NOT PLAYING QUALITY TEAMS, ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS TO SCHEDULE YOUR AGAIN "SUPPOSEDLY" GREAT TEAM THAT YOU PLAYED FOR AGAINST MONTEREY. I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU PLAYED ANYWHERE GREAT HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE OR ARE DOING ANYTHING GREAT AT THIS MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE BECAUSE YOU POSTED AT MID-NIGHT AND MOST OF US WITH A CAREER ARE IN BED AT THAT TIME.

Well I do know about the books, had a teacher/coach keeping them a few years back and errors made on ground balls by other team was no doubt ALWAYS written down a hit!! Yes the teams have been successful(in their own district). But thats all the people care about there, is winning the district. Well look at who's in that district. Not very tough. Thats just my thoughts, if it ticks you off then I can't help that. I'm speaking the truth and everyone except Montereyans or one's who play for Monterey have the same opinion. Oh, and you wrong about my high school team, college, and my current profession!