Pigeon Forge vs. Grainger

playtough

You'd better calm it down buddy boy. You have no grounds to make such accusations and furthermore you're pushing the language restrictions for the board. I'll let you slide on it if you cease, but know this; I will delete any other posts that are inflammatory and lock this thread so another one where civil discussion and debate is expected to be used can be started up.

And I did read your previous post on hometown cookin...you're obviously setting up spin in the event that Grainger beats PF at Grainger. I guess in your mind the idea that kids from Grainger beating PF is totally unacceptable so there has to be an excuse of some sort...so you pull out hometown cookin.

New to the board or not you're not endearing yourself to many folks...you're trolling and flaming on here so I suggest you stick to relavent discussion and not try to drum up a baseless accusation.

Anyone can lose at any time.

KevB1990 and boxn1, I apoligize for the rude comment, just trying to make a point. I realize I did so in an inappropriate manner. I do however disagree with both of you on one issue. I never said PF would lose to Grainger but instead I stated they would win both games despite officiating at Grainger. I am not trying to start a spin in case PF loses, it's just a comment hoping to get some people responding to the thread. I know and realize that any team can win on any given day, and I have a healthy respect for Grainger. I am familiar with many of their players, fans, etc. Grainger has a very good chance to upset PF, and if it happens you won't find me on here blaming umps. We already have a flaming thread for that on this board, one which I have not posted on. Home town cookin' is also the crowd, the surroundings, and other outside factors.

Also KevinB1990, I appreciate the job you do as a moderator, it can't be easy, and I will make sure I no longer make your job harder. I do take exception to the comment that I am on the board flaming, however. I'm sure that if you look at my other posts, they have all been very civil and relevant to the topic. I have read many posts much worse than this.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KevB1990 and boxn1, I apoligize for the rude comment, just trying to make a point. I realize I did so in an inappropriate manner. I do however disagree with both of you on one issue. I never said PF would lose to Grainger but instead I stated they would win both games despite officiating at Grainger. I am not trying to start a spin in case PF loses, it's just a comment hoping to get some people responding to the thread. I know and realize that any team can win on any given day, and I have a healthy respect for Grainger. I am familiar with many of their players, fans, etc. Grainger has a very good chance to upset PF, and if it happens you won't find me on here blaming umps. We already have a flaming thread for that on this board, one which I have not posted on. Home town cookin' is also the crowd, the surroundings, and other outside factors.

Also KevinB1990, I appreciate the job you do as a moderator, it can't be easy, and I will make sure I no longer make your job harder. I do take exception to the comment that I am on the board flaming, however. I'm sure that if you look at my other posts, they have all been very civil and relevant to the topic. I have read many posts much worse than this.

When you say home town cooking to me it insinuates that Grainger has something to do with how the games are officiated and that would be the only way that they could win. That is why I questioned it and asked for specific instances. I assure you that the Grainger folks have nothing to do with what officials are sent to call their games. I think that the crowd and surroundings should be referred to as home field advantage. Every home team has the benefit of that.

When you say home town cooking to me it insinuates that Grainger has something to do with how the games are officiated and that would be the only way that they could win. That is why I questioned it and asked for specific instances. I assure you that the Grainger folks have nothing to do with what officials are sent to call their games. I think that the crowd and surroundings should be referred to as home field advantage. Every home team has the benefit of that.

Fair enough, Grainger does have the opportunity to "scratch" certain umps they don't like just like every other team does. I never insinuated that Grainger could win because of umps only that they might keep it closer because of it.

Grainger is seemingly playing better after reeling off wins over GP, MoWest, and Cherokee. The PF games should be pretty exciting to watch, especially since PF moves into tougher district next year, and PF and Grainger will no longer be battling for the Title. I wonder if GP will try to throw Watson again tomorrow. I doubt it but you never know. I'm sure he would like another shot, especially after hitting or walking 10 batters. I'm sure everyone knows he is better than that. Looks like another showdown Monday and Tuesday.

After watching Grainger closely, and seeing their confidence rise along the way, the PF series could go either way. I still believe PF is favored, but not by as much as I originally thought. Grainger seems to be playing really well right now, as does Pigeon Forge while playing probably the toughest AA schedule around. This should be 2 great battles between 2 great AA teams. Good luck to both teams now and in the postseason!

Hey boxn1, unless they switched associations this year, they DO NOT use the same association! In speaking to others who have played there this season, I don't believe you know your #### from applebutter on this issue. If you have ever been on the visiting team at Grainger (Rutledge) in any sport you would understand my comment.

Hey boxn1......how 'bout I fire up the old redneck van and hook my pig barbeque cooker to the bumper and come over for the "cookout". I'm sure the Tigers will need a good hot meal to get their heads back up Monday after the Grizzlies hand them a pot of grease! We've all enjoyed a good grilled burger just off the grill over there in Tiger country over the years. Pigeon Forge has taught the rest of us the fine art of "home cookin' " over the years. That's how the seem to be able to recognize it so well! Bring your buns Monday Tigers, you're going to need them! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey boxn1......how 'bout I fire up the old redneck van and hook my pig barbeque cooker to the bumper and come over for the "cookout". I'm sure the Tigers will need a good hot meal to get their heads back up Monday after the Grizzlies hand them a pot of grease! We've all enjoyed a good grilled burger just off the grill over there in Tiger country over the years. Pigeon Forge has taught the rest of us the fine art of "home cookin' " over the years. That's how the seem to be able to recognize it so well! Bring your buns Monday Tigers, you're going to need them! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Agitator53, your a pretty funny dude. Maybe moderator Kevin needs to settle his own folks down from flaming instead of worrying about others. He seems to have dissappeared, how ironic. By the way there is nothing like good barbeque so I hope you bring it on over Monday. Grainger will need some of your good hometown redneck cookin after they get their hats handed to them at home by PF. Just Kidding, both teams will be ready I'm sure, and this is shaping up to be a great series. Pitching and defense will be the key. Looks like it'll be fun, hope to see a big crowd at both places. Good luck!!

Agitator53, your a pretty funny dude. Maybe moderator Kevin needs to settle his own folks down from flaming instead of worrying about others. He seems to have dissappeared, how ironic. By the way there is nothing like good barbeque so I hope you bring it on over Monday. Grainger will need some of your good hometown redneck cookin after they get their hats handed to them at home by PF. Just Kidding, both teams will be ready I'm sure, and this is shaping up to be a great series. Pitching and defense will be the key. Looks like it'll be fun, hope to see a big crowd at both places. Good luck!!

PLAYTOUGH and BOXN1, the only thing I enjoy more than a good baseball, softball, basketball, football, or any other game is "stirring the pot". Some jump in and enjoy the fun, and others just get "agitated" and make more fun for me. For one, let me say that I appreciate the good will gesture of handing the winning team their hats after a good ballgame. I'm glad you are making plans for the Tigers to hand the Grizzlies hats to them after the Grizzlies win. Now that's good sportsmanship. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> By the way, look for the smoke and I'll serve you up one of the best home cooked burgers ever "homecooked" at Grainger, Claiborne, or Cumberland Gap. Come on over and enjoy the fun. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

PLAYTOUGH and BOXN1, the only thing I enjoy more than a good baseball, softball, basketball, football, or any other game is "stirring the pot". Some jump in and enjoy the fun, and others just get "agitated" and make more fun for me. For one, let me say that I appreciate the good will gesture of handing the winning team their hats after a good ballgame. I'm glad you are making plans for the Tigers to hand the Grizzlies hats to them after the Grizzlies win. Now that's good sportsmanship. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> By the way, look for the smoke and I'll serve you up one of the best home cooked burgers ever "homecooked" at Grainger, Claiborne, or Cumberland Gap. Come on over and enjoy the fun. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wouldn't miss it for the world. Make sure you have the proper "condiments" available and a good cold drink to help wash down the good old fashioned home cookin.

Agitator is from the other side of Clinch Mountain and his schtick is pretty harmless most of the time.

Wouldn't miss it for the world. Make sure you have the proper "condiments" available and a good cold drink to help wash down the good old fashioned home cookin.

Man, the rain messed everything up PLAYTOUGH. We were going to have one FANTASTIC "cookout" Monday, but it rained. I'm really sad your Tigers didn't get to "hand the Grizzlies their hats" after the Grizzles won, but I suspect it will be rescheduled. We'll still enjoy some good old "homecookin' ", but won't invite KevB. Got to talk to that young man if he ever comes back over the hill. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Man, the rain messed everything up PLAYTOUGH. We were going to have one FANTASTIC "cookout" Monday, but it rained. I'm really sad your Tigers didn't get to "hand the Grizzlies their hats" after the Grizzles won, but I suspect it will be rescheduled. We'll still enjoy some good old "homecookin' ", but won't invite KevB. Got to talk to that young man if he ever comes back over the hill. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Did you make it to PF agitator53. If not you missed a pretty good game. PF 4-1. Ironically, even at PF, the officiating definitely favored Grainger. Field ump blew 3 or 4 calls against PF, and strike zone was inconsistent at best. Even with questionable officiating game wasn't really as close as score. PF should have scored at least 3-4 more runs. Grainger did a good job of damage control, intentionally walking a batter, and throwing out a kid at the plate. All in all a good game between 2 good teams. Grainger needs to get the calls like they did tonight if they hope to keep it close tomorrow at Grainger. I hope to make it, it is an early start. I may have to wait till the rematch in the tourney. I'm sure you'll let me know the scoop on this board.