Whitwell High Tigers Baseball

footbal4life

TIGER BASEBALL, HAS ALWAYS EXCELLED, I KNOW THEY GOT A NEW COACH THIS YEAR, WITH LOTS OF GREAT PLAYING EXPERIENCE, I KNOW AS WELL THAT THE TEAM IS YOUNG WITH LESS THAN 4 SENIORS,................................BUT SO FAR, THEY HAVE NOT LIVED UP TO TIGER BASEBALL..... FOOTBALL WE HAVE COME TO EXPECT.. BUT NOT BASEBALL.... WE WILL JUST HAVE TO SUPPORT OUR GIRLS.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TIGER BASEBALL, HAS ALWAYS EXCELLED, I KNOW THEY GOT A NEW COACH THIS YEAR, WITH LOTS OF GREAT PLAYING EXPERIENCE, I KNOW AS WELL THAT THE TEAM IS YOUNG WITH LESS THAN 4 SENIORS,................................BUT SO FAR, THEY HAVE NOT LIVED UP TO TIGER BASEBALL..... FOOTBALL WE HAVE COME TO EXPECT.. BUT NOT BASEBALL.... WE WILL JUST HAVE TO SUPPORT OUR GIRLS.

When have they EXCELLED, they look like the same old Whitwell to me.

Don't jump off the train ! Remember you have young men doing the best they can. They dont want to lose. If you cant go out and support your team, go out to give support! Keep working hard & Good Luck!

I AM NOT FROM WHITWELL, JUST HAVE A LOT OF INTEREST IN THE PROGRAM... I JUST BELIEVE THEY HAVENT LIVED UP TO THE HYPE.

What hype are you refering to?? The past few years, their schedule has been really weak, which has inflated their record, and not gotten them ready for the district tourney. The new coaches have scheduled some teams that overmatch the tigers right now, especially with all of the youth that they have right now. Give the new coaches some time and they will turn tiger baseball around. Both coaches played in pro baseball and know the game.

• 4 weeks later...

GREAT JOB COACH BARTON!!! GREAT JOB TEAM!!!! What a huge difference! Perhaps not in W's but... for the first time, in a long time, we have A REAL COACH WHO IS A REAL PROFESSIONAL, A REAL TEACHER, A PERSON WITH HIGH ETHICS, who in time will BUILD AN INCREDIBLE PROGRAM. SCOTT BARTON IS A REAL AND TRUE LEADER AND ROLE MODEL FOR THOSE BOYS. He is not only building a great team, he is building CHARACTER, SPORTSMANSHIP, REAL (PROFESSIONAL) SKILLS, AND INSTILLING TRUE PRIDE. These boys have just begun this year to learn the correct skills. AS EVERYONE KNOWS, YOU CAN'T LEARN TRUE SKILLS IN ONE SEASON. They are just now being taught the correct way to play. GREAT JOB BARTON! GREAT JOB TEAM! WE ARE BEHIND YOU 100%.

May not of done to well this year but the classes coming up look like they are going to be the real deal good luck guys

VERY IMPRESSED W/ BARTON PLAYING HIS TEAM AGAINST THE "BIG BOYS". Red Bank... Playing these tough competators will only make the team stronger and tougher. It also eliminates the ones who can't hack it. It is good for them to know how baseball is played in the bigger leagues. That is the only way they will know what it is like and know how hard they must work and improve to be able to compete. 100% support. Building a great team takes more than one season. It has grown and improved greatly. It will grow and grow and grow. Great young men, Great coaches. Guys, hang in there. You are supported and we are behind you 100%. VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Some role model, character builder, as i said on another post. A friend of mine who has kids who go to WHS, was telling me that "BARTON HAD BEEN HAVING RUN INS WITH PARENTS, CURSING THE KIDS, OVER COACHING MISTAKES HE MADE, NOT CURSING AROUND THEM BUT CURSING THEM! SO IF THAT IS A POSITIVE ROLE MODEL, I WOULD HATE TO SEE A NEGITIVE........TRUE BARTON KNOWS BASEBALL... BUT WITH HIS PAST ANGER PROBLEMS, AND IT LOOKS AS IF HE STILL HAS THEM, HE NEEDS TO NOT BE AROUND THOSE KIDS.........

Some role model, character builder, as i said on another post. A friend of mine who has kids who go to WHS, was telling me that "BARTON HAD BEEN HAVING RUN INS WITH PARENTS, CURSING THE KIDS, OVER COACHING MISTAKES HE MADE, NOT CURSING AROUND THEM BUT CURSING THEM! SO IF THAT IS A POSITIVE ROLE MODEL, I WOULD HATE TO SEE A NEGITIVE........TRUE BARTON KNOWS BASEBALL... BUT WITH HIS PAST ANGER PROBLEMS, AND IT LOOKS AS IF HE STILL HAS THEM, HE NEEDS TO NOT BE AROUND THOSE KIDS.........

From your opening remarks that started this thread and this one, I can only believe you have a problem with this coach in general. You are basing your opinion on what a third party said. Parents would not have run ins with the coach, if they would keep there nose out of the coaches business. The rumor you hearing is most likely coming from a kid that thinks he is a all star and couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie. Unless you know first hand the accusations are true, I wouldn't be saying anything. Especially if you have no dog in the fight, as I don't. From reading the other Whitwell faithful's post, I think you are in the minority anyway.