usa today/nfca HS rankings

intheshadow

Congrats to Beech for being ranked in the USA Today/NFCA poll. Beech was ranked 23rd in the first poll of season which came out on 4/2/09. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Here's the complete list.

Rank Team Record Pts Pvs

1 Sheldon (California) 10-0 0 NR

2 Canyon Del Oro (Arizona) 14-0 0 NR

3 Klein Oak (Texas) 17-0 0 NR

4 Naples (Florida) 14-1 0 NR

5 Norco (California) 10-2 0 NR

6 Niceville (Florida) 13-0 0 NR

7 Red Mountain (Arizona) 15-0 0 NR

8 Alexander Central (North Carolina) 8-0 0 NR

9 Broad Run (Virginia) 4-0 0 NR

10 Cibola (New Mexico) 10-0 0 NR

11 Freedom (California) 7-2 0 NR

12 Red Bank (New Jersey) 2-0 0 NR

13 Elkins (Texas) 22-4 0 NR

14 Battlefield (Virginia) 5-0 0 NR

15 Arch Bishop Mitty (California) 5-0 0 NR

16 Timber Creek (Florida) 15-2 0 NR

17 Lockport (Illinois) 3-0 0 NR

18 Mount Carmel (Louisiana) 24-2 0 NR

19 Stratford (South Carolina) 15-0 0 NR

20 Galesburg-Augusta (Michigan) 0-0 0 NR

21 Butler (North Carolina) 6-1 0 NR

22 Grand Pass (Oregon) 5-1 0 NR

23 Beech (Tennessee) 10-0 0 NR

24 Ballard (Kentucky) 7-0 0 NR

25 Masuk (Connecticut) 0-0 0 NR

Others receiving votes:

Fletcher (Florida), Hart (California), Kellam (Virginia), Kingsville King (Texas), Marist (Oregon), Mauldin (South Carolina), North Davidson (North Carolina), St. Amant (Louisiana), Toms River East (New Jersey).

Congrats to Beech for being ranked in the USA Today/NFCA poll. Beech was ranked 23rd in the first poll of season which came out on 4/2/09. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Here's the complete list.

Rank Team Record Pts Pvs

1 Sheldon (California) 10-0 0 NR

2 Canyon Del Oro (Arizona) 14-0 0 NR

3 Klein Oak (Texas) 17-0 0 NR

4 Naples (Florida) 14-1 0 NR

5 Norco (California) 10-2 0 NR

6 Niceville (Florida) 13-0 0 NR

7 Red Mountain (Arizona) 15-0 0 NR

8 Alexander Central (North Carolina) 8-0 0 NR

9 Broad Run (Virginia) 4-0 0 NR

10 Cibola (New Mexico) 10-0 0 NR

11 Freedom (California) 7-2 0 NR

12 Red Bank (New Jersey) 2-0 0 NR

13 Elkins (Texas) 22-4 0 NR

14 Battlefield (Virginia) 5-0 0 NR

15 Arch Bishop Mitty (California) 5-0 0 NR

16 Timber Creek (Florida) 15-2 0 NR

17 Lockport (Illinois) 3-0 0 NR

18 Mount Carmel (Louisiana) 24-2 0 NR

19 Stratford (South Carolina) 15-0 0 NR

20 Galesburg-Augusta (Michigan) 0-0 0 NR

21 Butler (North Carolina) 6-1 0 NR

22 Grand Pass (Oregon) 5-1 0 NR

23 Beech (Tennessee) 10-0 0 NR

24 Ballard (Kentucky) 7-0 0 NR

25 Masuk (Connecticut) 0-0 0 NR

Others receiving votes:

Fletcher (Florida), Hart (California), Kellam (Virginia), Kingsville King (Texas), Marist (Oregon), Mauldin (South Carolina), North Davidson (North Carolina), St. Amant (Louisiana), Toms River East (New Jersey).

Congrats!!!! It is awsome when a Tn team is recognized nationally for thier achievements!!!! Beech has an incredible team. I am from East TN, but I think it is a wonderful accomplishment!!!!

Don't look now but Unicoi County has something pretty special going on down in Summerville, SC. Carrying their 24 and 0 record into the Gold bracket championship of the Azalea Invitational vs. Allen County - Scottsville, KY. Allen County - Scottsville eliminated USA TodayNFCA #19 Stratford, SC earlier today.

Good Luck Lady Blue Devils!

Don't look now but Unicoi County has something pretty special going on down in Summerville, SC. Carrying their 24 and 0 record into the Gold bracket championship of the Azalea Invitational vs. Allen County - Scottsville, KY. Allen County - Scottsville eliminated USA TodayNFCA #19 Stratford, SC earlier today.

Good Luck Lady Blue Devils!

I've been out of town for a couple of days & didin't get to read Coach T or the newspapers. How did Unicoi Co. fare in the Azalea Inv. tournament? Also, how did Unaka come out? Any news would be appreciated.

I've been out of town for a couple of days & didin't get to read Coach T or the newspapers. How did Unicoi Co. fare in the Azalea Inv. tournament? Also, how did Unaka come out? Any news would be appreciated.

Unicoi played amazing down there just coming up short in the Championship game. they lost 2-1 and the only runs came in the first on a wind blown homerun (first of the girls life)!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It was an amazing tournament! Talking about talented teams, 1 mistake would cost you. All in all, we did exceptional! I'm so Proud of our Ladies, about 17 games in 6 day's counting the extra innings. Kara Pitched all the games but 1 1/2 @ Eastman and Whitley Caught every game, I know there wore out, but they never faltered!! Love All of You Girls.

Unaka was playing Berea, and was down 5-0 @ 3innings I left after that to watch our game.Wasn't looking good for them in that game, not sure how they finished.

Unicoi played amazing down there just coming up short in the Championship game. they lost 2-1 and the only runs came in the first on a wind blown homerun (first of the girls life)!!!!

Unicoi did play well in the tournament / as for the wind / yes, it was blowing out from home to left field for both teams / a concern / after an Allen County error opened the door, Unicoi could not score a runner from third with no outs, ouch! Unicoi pitcher had pinpoint control and changed speeds well / she pitched an excellent game!

Unicoi did play well in the tournament / as for the wind / yes, it was blowing out from home to left field for both teams / a concern / after an Allen County error opened the door, Unicoi could not score a runner from third with no outs, ouch! Unicoi pitcher had pinpoint control and changed speeds well / she pitched an excellent game!

You cannot go on the score of this game. Allen county had two hits the whole game. Erwin hit the ball and hit it hard but it was just one of those games where they hit it right to them. I can't remember a time when Allen County had to take more than 2 steps for a ball.

Tough Luck!

You ladies played fantastic better than anyone expected!

Unicoi played amazing down there just coming up short in the Championship game. they lost 2-1 and the only runs came in the first on a wind blown home run (first of the girls life)!!!!

yes ryne, I appreciate the fact that the wind was blowing quite excessively, that ball was gone from the time it left the bat, wind or no wind, but thanks for the confidence! Kara's Dad.

Too. Chris and Toody, I love you folks, never said anything about what you got upset over, was talking about my daughter only. Just misunderstanding of what I had said! Take it or leave it. No hard feelings here!

You cannot go on the score of this game. Allen county had two hits the whole game. Erwin hit the ball and hit it hard but it was just one of those games where they hit it right to them. I can't remember a time when Allen County had to take more than 2 steps for a ball.

Tough Luck!

You ladies played fantastic better than anyone expected!

I am a Allen county-scottsville parent and was in attendance and first off the wind was blowing out but as the pitchers dad said that ball was gone when it left the bat. and c'mon give our girls some credit I mean we did beat stratford and mauldin to get to the championship i dont think you can call it luck. their not bad for a bunch of sophmores and i will say unicoi is a great team great defense and pitching the difference in the game was a bad pitch but take away the error do you think unicoi would have scored otherwise? our defense is decent itself. we beat five good teams we are proud of our little team as you should be proud of yours ... good luck I'm more than sure you guys will go a long way in the post season.

I am a Allen county-scottsville parent and was in attendance and first off the wind was blowing out but as the pitchers dad said that ball was gone when it left the bat. and c'mon give our girls some credit I mean we did beat stratford and mauldin to get to the championship i dont think you can call it luck. their not bad for a bunch of sophmores and i will say unicoi is a great team great defense and pitching the difference in the game was a bad pitch but take away the error do you think unicoi would have scored otherwise? our defense is decent itself. we beat five good teams we are proud of our little team as you should be proud of yours ... good luck I'm more than sure you guys will go a long way in the post season.

Your team and ours did a great job, if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's butt. Just glad to have had such a successful outing, and appriciate the class your team and parents showed. Keep up the good work. Pitching dad. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />