Cannon County

Gridiron88

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not P-spy one or two did leave about the time he quit. But he actually ran off more players than

quit when he left, and most of those who eren't seniors have come back. but that is the last thing I will say about Bartsch. Good luck to him and finding a new job. If Kim would allow for the DC from last year to come back that would be a good thing for the team.

Now the spread. . . EERR not a big fan of slinging the ball around. more of, like you said earlier " three yards and a cloud of dust" kinda guy. but hey what works works. I haven't got to meet the new guy yet, didn't get a chance to go to the meeting tonight. but I'll try to catch him this week.

Still in mourning over the displacement of the asst. basketball coach (losing his position). I didn't know the guy personally and i'm sure many were closer to him than me...from what i understand he was well like and dedicated to his position and really tried to work with all the sports activities he could. I hope the young man didn't have children to feed.....Great sacrifice to bring in a new head coach, especially with the economy in the state it is....

As far as the new guy well I guess it's time to back him, As always I will be at the games and travel to as many away games as I can. With all the excitement, I expect the the stands to be full every game not just homecoming and when Dekalb comes to town. I find myself looking to the strength and conditioning coach as the guy who will carry us through this year, and the tall guy can't place his name....Keeping these two will help the transition to the new guy. If the rumor on the other thread is correct and they are bringing last seasons defensive coordinator back, we will be competitive. We will support the new coach and give him the same opportunity as Barger and Bartsch... I hope some of the players who walked away when Bartsch left will come back and play...We need all the players we can get.

Spread offense, this should be interesting....Back in the day the veer offense was as close to a spread passing attack as you could get...Most teams were 3 yards and a cloud of dust... But the Veer was 50% run 50% pass, and the run was a hit the seam type offense...AS far as a passing attack it will be a change, what did we average 3 to 4 passes a game. It will be interesting on how the players will adjust...With that said the defense will need to be strong...very strong. if this opens up the first game with an onside kick...He will be in big trouble if you know what i mean. Who is slated to be the QB this year. I would like to know who is going to work with the QB as far as understanding the finesse of the spread, quick reads and a super strong arm will be the key for the QB. Sounds like someone will be busy studying film through the summer.

i just want to say it's all about the players and giving them the tools and knowledge to perform on game day.

Hopefully the parents will stay out of the head football coaches business....To all the parents who read this, understand not every player is a starter, you have to put your best 11 on the field, but that doesn't mean you child won't get their chance. If your child comes home complaining don't run to the coach or the principal. Sit your child down listen to what they have to say and then assist them in going to the coach and making their case to get playing time (the player not the parent). Then when the child comes home, go over what was discussed and help the kid get better or counsel them on how to be a man and stand up and give everything they have every practice, every weightlifting session, every conditioning session and even more every class they attend.

i think if all the players band together as a team, work hard as a team and do everything they can to make themselves and their teammates better every day, then it will all work out in the end.

Finally thanks to the coaches who have held things together since Bartsch departed, we know you are working hard behind the scenes and keeping the players on task... your efforts will be awarded when the season kicks off and the winning begins..

I don't think i will be posting for a while as too many people think I'm negative....So to the new coach kick things off right and deliver on your promises....Good Luck Cannon County players!!!!! Go Lions....

Well stated. Good Luck to the new coach it sounds like he made a good impression with the players tonite and I am sure the community will give more support than he had at Norhtwest. The administration believes in this coach and we all must trust their decision and now it is Coach Schrenk's turn to prove himself as a coach in the win-loss column, not just interviews. He will need more than one year to make positive things happen because it is a totally new system. I hope the administration got this one right for everyone invoved. Good luck to Coach Schrenk you have my support and go prove to us all that you were the right candidate for the job

Still in mourning over the displacement of the asst. basketball coach (losing his position). I didn't know the guy personally and i'm sure many were closer to him than me...from what i understand he was well like and dedicated to his position and really tried to work with all the sports activities he could. I hope the young man didn't have children to feed.....Great sacrifice to bring in a new head coach, especially with the economy in the state it is....

As far as the new guy well I guess it's time to back him, As always I will be at the games and travel to as many away games as I can. With all the excitement, I expect the the stands to be full every game not just homecoming and when Dekalb comes to town. I find myself looking to the strength and conditioning coach as the guy who will carry us through this year, and the tall guy can't place his name....Keeping these two will help the transition to the new guy. If the rumor on the other thread is correct and they are bringing last seasons defensive coordinator back, we will be competitive. We will support the new coach and give him the same opportunity as Barger and Bartsch... I hope some of the players who walked away when Bartsch left will come back and play...We need all the players we can get.

Spread offense, this should be interesting....Back in the day the veer offense was as close to a spread passing attack as you could get...Most teams were 3 yards and a cloud of dust... But the Veer was 50% run 50% pass, and the run was a hit the seam type offense...AS far as a passing attack it will be a change, what did we average 3 to 4 passes a game. It will be interesting on how the players will adjust...With that said the defense will need to be strong...very strong. if this opens up the first game with an onside kick...He will be in big trouble if you know what i mean. Who is slated to be the QB this year. I would like to know who is going to work with the QB as far as understanding the finesse of the spread, quick reads and a super strong arm will be the key for the QB. Sounds like someone will be busy studying film through the summer.

i just want to say it's all about the players and giving them the tools and knowledge to perform on game day.

Hopefully the parents will stay out of the head football coaches business....To all the parents who read this, understand not every player is a starter, you have to put your best 11 on the field, but that doesn't mean you child won't get their chance. If your child comes home complaining don't run to the coach or the principal. Sit your child down listen to what they have to say and then assist them in going to the coach and making their case to get playing time (the player not the parent). Then when the child comes home, go over what was discussed and help the kid get better or counsel them on how to be a man and stand up and give everything they have every practice, every weightlifting session, every conditioning session and even more every class they attend.

i think if all the players band together as a team, work hard as a team and do everything they can to make themselves and their teammates better every day, then it will all work out in the end.

Finally thanks to the coaches who have held things together since Bartsch departed, we know you are working hard behind the scenes and keeping the players on task... your efforts will be awarded when the season kicks off and the winning begins..

I don't think i will be posting for a while as too many people think I'm negative....So to the new coach kick things off right and deliver on your promises....Good Luck Cannon County players!!!!! Go Lions....

Great post spy, It absoultely makes my stomach turn to see Mr. C gone, go luck in whatever comes upon him.

Next, I also expect the stands to be full week 0 throught 10, even away games. 37 pages on one thread about cannon county, who would've ever seen that? I believe in my own opinion that Griswold is taking the new coach better than I expected. It'd be such a privlige to have the defensive cordinator back, we need him badly and I can say more and more kids keep coming out and possibly more.

I think when people hear about the spread, they automatically think of throwing the ball 50 times a game. I t doens't have to be like that, we just need to mix it up. Instead of throwing the ball 4 times, try 10 or 15 times. Passing plays= Big Plays. Bit i'm not that fimilar with the veer, he spoke about running the pistol lastnight, I think that's be a good idea. And yes we all know what you mean lol. But as of now, Woodin is the quaterback, our back up is Cooper. They both have Cannon arms. I also believe, I could be wrong but Joe Patterson will still be working with the quarterbacks. He played at Warren County quite a while back, a very very good quarterback, I must say. And yes film, lots of film. Lastnight both Woodin and Cooper recieved a folder probably 2 inches thick of papers with different formations, pass routes, and different reads.

Lastly, I competely agree about the Parent situation. What is Coach shrenks bussiness is his bussiness, nobody elses. To all the parents, Like spy said believe it or not all the kids get there chance to show that they got and the coaches determine the best 11 on what they see. I like what you said about the parents helping the kids by making sure there at all the workouts and practices and even class.

The boys have the potiental and can fullfil it, they have the surroundings to make a play-off run. It's no secret the schedule is difficult but if they want it, they'll be succesful. I'd like to thank Coach Griswold, Coach Patterson, and Coach Larson for sticking with it and helping all the kids. Good luck to Coach Shrenk and the staff, I know ya'll will make the community proud.

Kepp up the hard work boys and keep them on track coaches

Go lions!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great post spy, It absoultely makes my stomach turn to see Mr. C gone, go luck in whatever comes upon him.

Next, I also expect the stands to be full week 0 throught 10, even away games. 37 pages on one thread about cannon county, who would've ever seen that? I believe in my own opinion that Griswold is taking the new coach better than I expected. It'd be such a privlige to have the defensive cordinator back, we need him badly and I can say more and more kids keep coming out and possibly more.

I think when people hear about the spread, they automatically think of throwing the ball 50 times a game. I t doens't have to be like that, we just need to mix it up. Instead of throwing the ball 4 times, try 10 or 15 times. Passing plays= Big Plays. Bit i'm not that fimilar with the veer, he spoke about running the pistol lastnight, I think that's be a good idea. And yes we all know what you mean lol. But as of now, Woodin is the quaterback, our back up is Cooper. They both have Cannon arms. I also believe, I could be wrong but Joe Patterson will still be working with the quarterbacks. He played at Warren County quite a while back, a very very good quarterback, I must say. And yes film, lots of film. Lastnight both Woodin and Cooper recieved a folder probably 2 inches thick of papers with different formations, pass routes, and different reads.

Lastly, I competely agree about the Parent situation. What is Coach shrenks bussiness is his bussiness, nobody elses. To all the parents, Like spy said believe it or not all the kids get there chance to show that they got and the coaches determine the best 11 on what they see. I like what you said about the parents helping the kids by making sure there at all the workouts and practices and even class.

The boys have the potiental and can fullfil it, they have the surroundings to make a play-off run. It's no secret the schedule is difficult but if they want it, they'll be succesful. I'd like to thank Coach Griswold, Coach Patterson, and Coach Larson for sticking with it and helping all the kids. Good luck to Coach Shrenk and the staff, I know ya'll will make the community proud.

Kepp up the hard work boys and keep them on track coaches

Go lions!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bees. Im responding to your other post on this forum. Practice went fine it is hard to do much with 6 players but the others who weren't there had other athletic commitments to CCHS. They work very hard and I have never seen a group that plays so well together they all just flow, but anyway its a football topic. I am curious did coach Schrenk mention anything about his record to the players or did anyone ask about it? I hope he does well here at Cannon Co. and I hope he does prove that he has more than just good interview skills, because Coach Bartsch had good interview skills and we all know how he and the administration did not see eye to eye so a coach must earn credibility on the field and not in the office. Good luck to you guys this year and keep posting.

Bees. Im responding to your other post on this forum. Practice went fine it is hard to do much with 6 players but the others who weren't there had other athletic commitments to CCHS. They work very hard and I have never seen a group that plays so well together they all just flow, but anyway its a football topic. I am curious did coach Schrenk mention anything about his record to the players or did anyone ask about it? I hope he does well here at Cannon Co. and I hope he does prove that he has more than just good interview skills, because Coach Bartsch had good interview skills and we all know how he and the administration did not see eye to eye so a coach must earn credibility on the field and not in the office. Good luck to you guys this year and keep posting.

Last thing on the off topic, I hope everything goes well with the aau team, is it still too late to get out there and join? But he didn't mention anything about his record. He showed a short clip of a game when northwest was playing springfield, once again in my previous post, i'm not trying to be negative or anything but who would of thought that he'd show a game he won. But as Cannoncounty2210 said he asked if anyone had questions and what happen? Nobody spoke up about anything, there was probably 30-40 people there and I believe 3 people asked questions. And as usual i agree about what you said about bartsch and the adminstration. But the same to you, good luck the rest of the season and also keep posting.

Last thing on the off topic, I hope everything goes well with the aau team, is it still too late to get out there and join? But he didn't mention anything about his record. He showed a short clip of a game when northwest was playing springfield, once again in my previous post, i'm not trying to be negative or anything but who would of thought that he'd show a game he won. But as Cannoncounty2210 said he asked if anyone had questions and what happen? Nobody spoke up about anything, there was probably 30-40 people there and I believe 3 people asked questions. And as usual i agree about what you said about bartsch and the adminstration. But the same to you, good luck the rest of the season and also keep posting.

You will have to ask coach Rigsby about that. Try-outs for varsity will be in May and they are open to everyone. I hope it all goes well for football, I hope everyone in Clarksville is wrong about Coach Schrenk, they do not seem upset that he is gone at all. He seems enthusiastic and ready to work so I hope he will bring sucess here.

Well I am not to familiar with Cannon County but almost all of us in Clarksville are happy that Schrenk is gone but he talks good but that??™s about it you will see he only really cares about him self that??™s about it but I do wish yall good luck next year at Cannon County but if any one wants to see what people in Clarksville think about Shrank leaving go to the Northwest thread on the (5a-6a playoff teams).

Give the guy a chance. He may have not fit at NW but may reinvent himself at CC. Good luck to all involved.

of course we gotta give him a chance but i just dont agree with the hire. only time will tell about the hire but the people from NW sound happy and there has to be a reason for that, and i think the record speaks for itself but we will see what the future holds for cannon county football

GO LIOnS!!!!

You will have to ask coach Rigsby about that. Try-outs for varsity will be in May and they are open to everyone. I hope it all goes well for football, I hope everyone in Clarksville is wrong about Coach Schrenk, they do not seem upset that he is gone at all. He seems enthusiastic and ready to work so I hope he will bring sucess here.

Thanks wildcat. I agree and hope for the best. Can you do me a favor and help support. Go to cannonwire.com and follow the link www.frostedflakes.com and hit plant a seed and zip code 37190. There's 3 fields from Cannon County nominated, there all the same. My mother and I have been trying to get help doing it, we've got it up to around 2500 votes, our field is second in tennessee, trying to catch Lookout Valley Rec. center in Chatt Tenn with 6333. It barely takes a second, it'd be greatly appricated. This is not only to Wildcat, but to all Cannon County Supporters. Even leave a comment, not bringing negativety towards the program but everyone speaks of change, here's an opportunity . /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

ADDED February 20, 2009

SUPPORTERS 2508

Cannon County Jr Lions

Woodbury, TN

Submitted by Mistye

Our Jr lions do not have a permanent field to practice on.They play behind our Lions club,this field is used for different events in the community.They could really use a permanent home to help with establishing and mainting a program to help our youth.

This field is important to the community because: It is one of the few kids activitys we have in our town.The kids need structure and something to do.

ADD A COMMENT

This field is in poor condition because: We do not have the funds to develop the field

This field??™s restoration will help the community because: Sence of pride for our community

This field is in poor condition because: We do not have the funds to develop the field

This field??™s restoration will help the community because: Sence of pride for our community