Mike Shoclkley resigned at Dekalb

basketballnut

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this on WJLE website and heard from another person:

DCHS teacher and girls basketball coach Mike Shockley has resigned

Where do the Lady Tigers go from here? Coach Shockley did a good job with this group to make them better but what is the next step?

Reason? His reputation was a program builder.

I've seen a marked improvment in the Dekalb Co. program under Coach Shockley's direction. I am sad that he is leaving. Maybe they have someone that learned from him, to take his place. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Boy's Head Coach Lynus Martin assisted Shockley this past season. I don't know he could handle both squads? He also assists with a very good football team. Hope they get a coach pretty soon to begin with an offseason program.

Dekalb will get another good coach in there from what understand Mark Willoughby has Hired some big name guys:

Bud Brandon - 2 state titles at WC,as well neumerous State Tourny appearances. Also son of all time winningest living coach Cambell Brandon.

Robby Reasonover - 1 state title, while out coaching Jim Brown in the process.

Terry Spurlock - AAU Baseball coaching Genious, took his team to 2nd in the Nation, but lost to Jimmy Rollins club in the finals.

Brad Martin - Brad a guuy who never made a name for himself like the one above, but the son of one greatest coaches Tommy Martin who coached at MT. Juliet.

Mike Schockley - Won over 400 games, also many D1 signees. Will be missed at DC

I will bet Willoughby will not choose anyone local. If he is smart anyway. They need someone who can inspire and can get people to believe in there self, but also teach them you will never see success if you do not see hard word before it. Will these girls win state prob not, but they can achieve so much more. Coach Shockley got it started, who can now carry the torch.

Need someone with expericence, but most of all a good teacher of the game.

Dekalb will get another good coach in there from what understand Mark Willoughby has Hired some big name guys:

Bud Brandon - 2 state titles at WC,as well neumerous State Tourny appearances. Also son of all time winningest living coach Cambell Brandon.

Robby Reasonover - 1 state title, while out coaching Jim Brown in the process.

Terry Spurlock - AAU Baseball coaching Genious, took his team to 2nd in the Nation, but lost to Jimmy Rollins club in the finals.

Brad Martin - Brad a guuy who never made a name for himself like the one above, but the son of one greatest coaches Tommy Martin who coached at MT. Juliet.

Mike Schockley - Won over 400 games, also many D1 signees. Will be missed at DC

I will bet Willoughby will not choose anyone local. If he is smart anyway. They need someone who can inspire and can get people to believe in there self, but also teach them you will never see success if you do not see hard word before it. Will these girls win state prob not, but they can achieve so much more. Coach Shockley got it started, who can now carry the torch.

Need someone with expericence, but most of all a good teacher of the game.

Well-stated, Dekalb Co. is is a tough situation because they are having to change the entire culture of Women's basketball there. I thought Shockley did a good job there and he created a base to build from. Good luck in your hiring process

What will Coach Schockley do? Does anyone know? With his background ther are sure a number of Coaching jobs available and very good ones.

I have heard that he applied for the girls varsity job at Sequoyah. Why would he leave this program for another program that has struggled nearly as much?

He appears to have helped improve things at Dekalb with his 10-44 record in two years. This is quite an improvement over the 3-75 record for the 3 years before he came.

What were some of the things he did to get the program heading back in the right direction?

I have heard that he applied for the girls varsity job at Sequoyah. Why would he leave this program for another program that has struggled nearly as much?

He appears to have helped improve things at Dekalb with his 10-44 record in two years. This is quite an improvement over the 3-75 record for the 3 years before he came.

What were some of the things he did to get the program heading back in the right direction?

Attitude: His girls showed no quit. No matter how out gunned, they hung in there til the buzzer.

Attitude is the main start of rebuilding any program.