The New 8-AA

cchssupporter

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upperman probably will struggle at the start, and maybe all year. Livingston, DeKalb, and maybe Cannon County will be the top three. IMO.

I agree with your prediction. I say:

Livingston-Loaded again, with the POY TJ Smith

Dekalb Co-All guards are back

Cannon Co-same as Dekalb

Upperman-But will surprise anbody

York-Will be interesting with another coach

Smith Co-lost alot of exerience

What do you think?

We don't 'know' LA will win the district, but they should. I'll say this though. I'll say Livingston once again has a chance to be a contender for a state title. That may suprise some people but with the summer they had I'd say they are the best team in AA to have lost 5 seniors.

I don't want to take away from LA's run in the past couple of years, but somehow or another in order for us to consider them "state contenders" they have to prove to us all that they can compete with the big boys @ Murphy Center. I am rooting for them, unless they play my team, but I believe they have to prove they can get over the hump. I thought they were there last year, and proved me completely wrong with their inability to guard in the 1st round last year. Just my opinion, I would be hesitant with all of the "contender" talk right now. The past has yet to prove it.

Wouldn't making the final eight make you a contender? I would think so, but what do I know. I'm sure most would think the same. :ph34r:

I'm just saying that you can't contend losing games by double-digits when you get there. I'm rooting for them, I would love to see a gold ball in our district, but IMO they still have something to prove. This is due to them being "contenders" the last two years, and not having a good showing @ the Glass House.

• 4 weeks later...
Call me crazy, but York may wind up ahead of Upperman. Its going to be interesting. I think the only "front-runner" would be Livingston, only because of what they do return and add on. The rest, other than Smith, is a toss-up.

I believe Smith County will do better than expected. They have a pretty good group of Soph's and Freshman, it wouldn't suprise me to see a couple of them playing and getting experience this year.