Cael Sanderson leaves ISU for Penn St. Is Chris Bono the frontrunner

SnapDown

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted it would be hard, but GET BRANDS BACK! He made UTC a national competitor and he's been the only one that could put them there. An all star coaching line up couldn't do it which was a testament to his impact as a coach. He made such an impact because he made his team believe they could be that underdog that could do anything. If not him then maybe Steve Hamilton, the coach the wrestling team voted to become the coach when Terry left. Credentials don't make a coach a great one. Look at Steve Martin, the former Great Bridge and now Old Dominion coach who has done great things with that university. Hamilton may not be the answer, but someone that is an INFLUENTIAL COACH who is supposed to be the general for his troops when they go to battle one on one on the mat. UTC needs a coach that the wrestlers actually respect and believe that their general is prepared to lead them threw battle given any circumstance. If you don't believe me ask the wrestlers who are around now and the wrestlers that were around during Brands era and see the dramatic differences of how they portray their coach. Not an individual, but the majority because I dare you to find a single one that would speak negatively of Brands much less the majority of the starting line up who openly express their negative opinions. Whats funny is I personally know the individual that clashed with Brands the most and as he literally just told me as I write this, "There is no doubt he was a great coach, we clashed but he definitely always made us better than I thought we could be." So there it is from the horses mouth. Search, question, and make your own opinion.

Look's like you are going to have to live with Bono a while longer.

First of all we agree with you that brands is a great coach. But even if we did not, as LOYAL mocs fans we would not get on a forum and bash him cause that is not what he taugt us. He taught us to loyalty and to support our "general" no matter what. Brands would be upset if he heard someone was on here bashing his friend.

As two alumni who were there through all three coaches and we do not agree with most of what your post says about the feelings of the team. Nor do we think that should be talked about outside of the program. If you have such problems with the way things are being done why don't you do something constructive about it. Instead of getting on here and complaining.

As friends and former athletes of Chris Bono we support him in whatever decisions he does make. We will be loyal to the mocs and support our "general" and not shoot him in the back.

Go mocs!

Jake Yost

Javier Maldonado