Top "Senior" Pitchers (only)

GC Grizzlies

Just to clarify the implication in this response... I am the parent of the pitcher named... and I am not RBImom, and RBImom is not my wife. I don't know who she is. From previous posts, it doesn't appear that RBImom has any connection to Siegel. I do appreciate her comments about my daughter. They were very kind. However, it certainly isn't a case of a "pitchers parent making it all about DD and not the team" as Mr knowitall suggests. While I didn't think she meant any disrespect to any of my daughter's teammates, I cringed a bit when I read the post simply because we value her teammates and are proud of the job they have done this year, and would never want them to think otherwise - and I think RBImom has been very clear about explaining that she had no intention of disrespecting any players. My daughter is very appreciative of those on the field with her and fully understands that softball is a team sport. If they aren't there to play defense and score runs, it doesn't matter how good a pitcher may or may not be. But I read RBImom's comments for what they were obviously meant to mean, and again, appreciate the compliment.

Go 'Dores. I think you summed it up nicely. RBI didn't mean anything by it and I ain't even got a dog in da fight. I is a WC supporter. Let's get back to the topic...Senior pitchers.

I think Greenwood is a good un, as is some of dem other gun slingers. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldn't back down or apoligize rbimom! You only said that some pitchers are let down by there team more than others. I know for a fact that I have seen pitchers carry a team! A pitcher can easily be overlooked because of a bad defense. Most likely less wins and more losses. What is wrong about stating that. Its not hard to tell a bad defense from a good one. It goes right along with run support, if your offense scores and average of 2 runs a game thats a lot of pressure on the pitcher.

You shouldn't back down or apoligize rbimom! You only said that some pitchers are let down by there team more than others. I know for a fact that I have seen pitchers carry a team! A pitcher can easily be overlooked because of a bad defense. Most likely less wins and more losses. What is wrong about stating that. Its not hard to tell a bad defense from a good one. It goes right along with run support, if your offense scores and average of 2 runs a game thats a lot of pressure on the pitcher.

Now Giggles, you know you cannot defend what you just said cuz it ain't nice to anyone on the team. Because it can be turned right around and stated that many a good defense are let down by a pitcher allowing to many hard hits. And, many players are easily overlooked playing for teams with pitchers who get shelled. And, it is not hard to tell a bad pitcher from a good one.

Those three comments are the exact reverse of what you said dar about the girls playin defense behind your pitcher. And you know what...it ain't nice to even comment on things like dis.

RBI had it right. She said somethin that dar was taken the wrong way. She made it right and everyone is happy. Then...here you come sayin all da negative stuff about not supportin a pitcher and for RBI not to "back down". Heck fire, she ain't backin down...she is doin what is right !!

I heard an old saying that goes somethin like dis:

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU ARE POINTIN YOUR FINGER AT SOMEONE...THERE ARE THREE OF YOUR OWN FINGERS POINTIN RIGHT BACK AT YOU !

Have a good day.

Way to go RBImom, I'm sure their team mates will be thrilled to find out you think they are not up to par with these pitchers!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Mr. KIA, you my friend, are quite right and I agree with your assessment of RBI. From experience I realize fully that building the confidence of those around you will go further than questioning their abilities.

You, my friend, are a scholar. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Are there any good "Senior" pitchers in the Knoxville area?

Kayla Kerns is having an awesome year @ Sweetwater. Signed with Tennessee Wesleyan. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />