CAK @ Catholic

reaction

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats boys. 8 in a row.

Yeah, thanks for reminding us... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Good to see you on the boards, Uniden. You gonna be able to make it to one of the games this season?

As I said to my boys at halftime, the game would come down to passion, desire, and who could capitalize on the other teams' mistakes. Tyler Gibson played outstanding, as did Luke Mishu. We collapsed hard to the ball, and left a near post runner (#7) open in the box. Ball was slotted in, and he finished. Clinical goal. They capitalized on our mistake...

The pitch was pretty difficult to play on, though both teams had to deal with that, so not much of an excuse there. Wish the outcome had been different, but we might have another chance to see them down the road, so we will see.

Congrats to Catholic for the win. Good luck with your games next week.

I didn't think Catholic could take #1 seed? How is it possible?

We have been looking at the possibilities all week. IF Loudon ties or loses, then Catholic would have the #1 seed due to the second tie breaker which is head to head with us (which Catholic just won tonight). IF Loudon wins out, then the 10 point system comes into play, and CAK would have the #1 seed, and Loudon and Catholic would be #2 and #3 (but I don't remember how the points were in their cases). Going into tonight's match, CAK had 68 points, and Catholic had 58. Catholic won 1-0, which netted them 8 points, bringing them up to 66. I am not sure how many points Loudon would have (that is IF they beat Kingston 3-0 or greater). But in case of that tie, then I believe Loudon has the advantage due to head to head.

Confusing, isn't it?

Just my thoughts on the match, which doesn't amount to much at times. Extremely physical. I expected that with this intense rivalry. Very fast paced, which I didn't expect. I thought this would be more of a chess match with tthe skill of the teams. probe, retreat, probe, find a chance, and go. But this seemed like a very direct game. No problem with that at all, I love that style, but hadn't seen it from these teams this year. Catholics goal was nice and they created some opportunities in the 2nd half, but CAK was attacking the last 10-15 mins, which is typical of HS players. One team picks up the intensity the other tries to defend and counter until time runs out. Classic match up b/t the two teams. I predict there is one more.

I prefer two more matches with CAK. But that's just me. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It was GREAT seeing you last night, Hoya! And in a suit, no less. Sorry I couldn't talk to you more. I was a bit grumpy for some reason.