Smyrna 09

MADDOG09

The QB's looked more confident than last year but will need to work on timing and accuracy. The O line blocked well.

This should be a big year for guys like Jackson and the 6'3" 300lb plus junior name Chris who sat out all of last year with an injury. Ricky Eady and Nate Smith also played well for the D line.

If Smyrna can stretch the field with guys like Andrew Jenkins it will loosen up their running attack witch will put them deep into the play offs.

only wilson returning at qb,heard the freeman kid quit the team.not sure why. hate to see him go,kid had some great potential just needed a chance.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only wilson returning at qb,heard the freeman kid quit the team.not sure why. hate to see him go,kid had some great potential just needed a chance.

Are you talking about Freemen who was a freshmen last year? What about Woodard who was out last year and play 2 years ago when Sonny Gray was hurt aganst BA? He should be back this year as a SR right?

Are you talking about Freemen who was a freshmen last year? What about Woodard who was out last year and play 2 years ago when Sonny Gray was hurt aganst BA? He should be back this year as a SR right?

no he was a soph last year. he was the other qb behind wilson last year. powerful arm, great footwork, not sure why he didnt get more snaps last season. wass told that wilson was his backup in 8th and 9th grade

no he was a soph last year. he was the other qb behind wilson last year. powerful arm, great footwork, not sure why he didnt get more snaps last season. wass told that wilson was his backup in 8th and 9th grade

got ya! To bad, good kid, good father, got to know him a little bit last year. He was put in a tough spot last year. I must say, Wilson did a heck of a job the last half of the season and think it was the right call on Coach Williams part. I too was calling for him to get some more snaps but Wilson just keep improving week after week and proved me wrong and I'm sure a few others.

That??™s the thing about telling a kid they are the starter. The kids should always know that they are part of a team where no position is promised to anyone. You must win the job then more importantly KEEP the job. I never like hearing where a kid is given the false expectation that the job is his no matter what. It??™s not fair to the kid or the team. Performance and results should be the only factors in a coach??™s decisions.

I'm not saying that's what happen here but it's not the first time I've heard something like this.

As I hop off my soap box??¦??¦..Can anyone tell me if Woodard (QB) will be back fighting for the job?

got ya! To bad, good kid, good father, got to know him a little bit last year. He was put in a tough spot last year. I must say, Wilson did a heck of a job the last half of the season and think it was the right call on Coach Williams part. I too was calling for him to get some more snaps but Wilson just keep improving week after week and proved me wrong and I'm sure a few others.

That??™s the thing about telling a kid they are the starter. The kids should always know that they are part of a team where no position is promised to anyone. You must win the job then more importantly KEEP the job. I never like hearing where a kid is given the false expectation that the job is his no matter what. It??™s not fair to the kid or the team. Performance and results should be the only factors in a coach??™s decisions.

I'm not saying that's what happen here but it's not the first time I've heard something like this.

As I hop off my soap box??¦??¦..Can anyone tell me if Woodard (QB) will be back fighting for the job?

woodard is playing but he has moved to receiver. no one can compete for the qb spot,it belongs to wilson.

• 2 weeks later...

[/quote

maybe a chance at blackman?

Can we just nip all of that crap in the bud. I can see it now....some kid at Smyrna that isn't getting playing time will automatically be rumored to be transferring to Blackman because the old Smyrna coach is there. Here is the reality of it. This year's Senior class played for him their Soph year, and how many of them actually got to play? They played for the new guy their Junior year. So if you look at it, they have played as much or more for the new coach as they did the old coach. There is no more loyatly for the old coach. He is not there, and 2/3 of the kids on the team (Sophomore - Senior) have never played for him, so why would any of them up and leave to go play for him now?

I don't know this particular young man or the situation, but if they said he quit he must have not wanted to play that badly in the first place.

Back to the topic....what are some predictions for 09? It looks to be a challenging schedule.

Blackman is a really good school, regardless of who is coaching whatever sport. You can't really blame kids for wanting to go there. (not commenting on any rumor at all...just stating a separate fact)

By the way, did Smyrna ever bother to find which of their students tore up their athletic property around the end of the school year? I thought they were going to make an effort to catch the ones who did it. (or would mugshots of kids with green hair and facial piercings on the 10 o'clock news tarnish the public "all-american" jock image of a school that likes to pretend it doesn't have misfits and stoners, just like the other high schools)?

Blackman is a really good school, regardless of who is coaching whatever sport. You can't really blame kids for wanting to go there. (not commenting on any rumor at all...just stating a separate fact)

By the way, did Smyrna ever bother to find which of their students tore up their athletic property around the end of the school year? I thought they were going to make an effort to catch the ones who did it. (or would mugshots of kids with green hair and facial piercings on the 10 o'clock news tarnish the public "all-american" jock image of a school that likes to pretend it doesn't have misfits and stoners, just like the other high schools)?

I'm sure Blacman is a good school, but I can't see why anyone would want to transfer there to play football right now. That might change in the future, but not right now.

I have no idea if anybody was ever caught. I do suspect that it wasn't a kid with green hair and facial piercings, jmo....I wasn't aware that Smyrna had an "all american jock image of a school that likes to pretend it doesn't have misfits and stoners." Just how do you pretend that?

wwodard is a wideout this year

I'm sure Blacman is a good school, but I can't see why anyone would want to transfer there to play football right now. That might change in the future, but not right now.

I have no idea if anybody was ever caught. I do suspect that it wasn't a kid with green hair and facial piercings, jmo....I wasn't aware that Smyrna had an "all american jock image of a school that likes to pretend it doesn't have misfits and stoners." Just how do you pretend that?

The same way they pretend they are good at everything and turn around and get hammered in boy's hoops and most spring sports anymore. Did they even win a district game in baseball? How was the soccer team?

The same way they pretend they are good at everything and turn around and get hammered in boy's hoops and most spring sports anymore. Did they even win a district game in baseball? How was the soccer team?

don't get your panties in a wad cause your boys are incapable of defeating smyrna in the only sport you truly care about. you have some real hate for smyrna don't you.