District 12A

UNC23

I think the CA MTP game will be a great game and the Summertown game has a chance to be closer than everyone thinks. Who pitched for Summertown is the District Championship?

Harville. Word is Richland will throw Parsons and Summertown will throw Pitts tonight.

CA will throw Workman and MP will throw Holcomb.

Man I wish I could be in several different places at once tonight! It's going to be some great baseball games played tonight. Not only in this Region but in AA and AAA.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scored was tied at 1 going into the 3rd.

Harville and Huddleston went back to back to give the Eagles a 3-1 lead.

2 run single by Gobble put S'town up 5-1.

Bottom of the 5th, Richland scored 4 runs capped by a 3-run HR by Parsons.

All tied after 5.

Neither team scored in the 6th or 7th.

Ramsey floated a 2-out RBI single over the Richland SS to give the Eagles a 6-5 lead headed into the bottom of the 8th.

Pitts (complete game) retired Richland in order for the victory.

It was a great game on both teams part! Had some controversy during Pitts at bat. Don't know what happened there anyone got any insight?

3-man umpiring crew lost track of the count.

1st pitch to Pitts was a swinging strike on a curve ball in the dirt that went to the backstop allowing Gobble to score from 3rd.

2nd pitch was a called strike.

3rd pitch was a swinging strike.

Umpire shows the count as 1-2.

CA coach comes out. 3-man crew gets together and says it is 1-2.

CA coach says lets look at my book in the dugout.

HP ump goes to dugout, looks at book and goes back on the field to talk to his crew.

Again, 3-man crew discuss and says count is 1-2.

CA coach comes out says lets check the book upstairs (press box above concession stand).

Dude in press box comes down to back screen and shows HP ump his book.

3-man crew gets together again and says count is 0-3. Pitts is called out and inning ends.

In the end, they got it right but what a joke. Out of 3 blues (who were selected as an "A" crew to travel from out of town to do this game) none of them were able to accurately keep track of the count.

Also, after checking with the book in the HOME TEAM dugout at the request of the CA HOME TEAM coach, which is usually considered the official book and deciding that the count was still 1-2, I don't know why the HP ump agreed to check another book. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Also, after checking with the book in the HOME TEAM dugout at the request of the CA HOME TEAM coach, which is usually considered the official book and deciding that the count was still 1-2, I don't know why the HP ump agreed to check another book. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

its rediculous. i also thought the home plate ump called very inconsistently, i noticed CA threw several balls that he called strikes, then Summertown would throw the same ball and it would be a ball. and same happened with summerotwn throwing. But im not sure how hard it is to click a button and keep up with a count!

its rediculous. i also thought the home plate ump called very inconsistently, i noticed CA threw several balls that he called strikes, then Summertown would throw the same ball and it would be a ball. and same happened with summerotwn throwing. But im not sure how hard it is to click a button and keep up with a count!

Why would you have to look at any book to count to 3?