Lenoir City Lady Panthers

lovedahoops

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a message board really the place to criticize a freshman high school girl and call her out by name? That's what coaches get paid for, not high school girls.

Those comments naming a player and speaking negatively should be removed.

So I guess we all know who is being discussed, but the truth hurts!!!

I think the point trying to be made is that the coaching decisions are not always the best and that all team members should be given a chance to prove themselves. If you play 5 to 7 girls only with a team of 15,that is crazy. All it takes is a couple of injuries and an illness to put your inexperienced, "never played a minute" players on the court. Guess who will be at fault for losing? uh, not the coach. The benchwarmers will, the same girls who sit the sidelines at practice and never even get to learn plays. What is the logic in that?

I get your point and its a totally valid one and thats why i said the comment about "what the coaches get paid for".

Criticize the coaching decisions, these people are adults and can handle it.

I just don't think its right mentioning a high school girl by name and having her read these comments or hear about them.

Im sure you probably have some stake in the team or playing time...but lets keep it in perspective that these are just girls and its high school.....we have professional sports to criticize the players

I get your point and its a totally valid one and thats why i said the comment about "what the coaches get paid for".

Criticize the coaching decisions, these people are adults and can handle it.

I just don't think its right mentioning a high school girl by name and having her read these comments or hear about them.

Im sure you probably have some stake in the team or playing time...but lets keep it in perspective that these are just girls and its high school.....we have professional sports to criticize the players

no playing time at stake, just follow sports very close at LC. Played there a long time ago and I hate to see someone with such talent get passed by.

no playing time at stake, just follow sports very close at LC. Played there a long time ago and I hate to see someone with such talent get passed by.

Ill try to find out the name of this girl with all the talent thats getting wasted...and whenever she makes a mistake or shoots and misses ..ill come on here and call her a ball hog and not a team player.....OHH WAIT why would I want to do something like that and attack a high school girl?...that would make me an insensitive bully...I think ill just keep my mouth shut and criticize the adults and let the girls play and enjoy being kids.

I agree with NOT CALLING LC GIRLS OUT BY NAME!

It??™s immature to do so??¦??¦

Unfortunately, part of the issue is LC is playing a AAA schedule and the middle schools play A/AA schedules because the size of the schools.

Most AAA high schools have 4 to 8 middle schools feeding their high schools, poor ole LC just has two schools. Both middle schools have made it to their respective state tournaments the last two years??¦which is great if the high school is playing a A/AA schedule.

The facts are, you have to have more talent than the teams you are playing and LC hasn??™t had that in a while, it's not the coaching.

Parents, if you??™re not happy with your daughters playing time then I recommend sending them to another school, Greenback, Midway, etc??¦Joe Lee is going to play who he thinks is the best players which allows the girls good enough to win, to win.

Unfortunately, part of the issue is LC is playing a AAA schedule and the middle schools play A/AA schedules because the size of the schools.

Most AAA high schools have 4 to 8 middle schools feeding their high schools, poor ole LC just has two schools. Both middle schools have made it to their respective state tournaments the last two years??¦which is great if the high school is playing a A/AA schedule.

The facts are, you have to have more talent than the teams you are playing and LC hasn??™t had that in a while, it's not the coaching.

Parents, if you??™re not happy with your daughters playing time then I recommend sending them to another school, Greenback, Midway, etc??¦Joe Lee is going to play who he thinks is the best players which allows the girls good enough to win, to win.

I agree with keeping girls names out of criticisms...thats pretty low class

However a little tid bit of information ,Farragut only has 1 feeder middle school that doesn't even play in the TMSAA and Farragut has to share part of those students with Hardin Valley....they are still competitive though

Then maybe Coach Lee needs to have 7 girls on the bench. I would think all the girls would be good to deserve to bo on the team. There is a lot of money going into uniforms and shoes if these girls are not "talented" enough to be on the team. Hmmm...when was the last time there was a winning season at LC, long before LC went AAA. Is it not the coaches job to increase the ability and skill of his/her team? How many feeder middle schools are there for the other AAA schools in LC's district?

Then maybe Coach Lee needs to have 7 girls on the bench. I would think all the girls would be good to deserve to bo on the team. There is a lot of money going into uniforms and shoes if these girls are not "talented" enough to be on the team. Hmmm...when was the last time there was a winning season at LC, long before LC went AAA. Is it not the coaches job to increase the ability and skill of his/her team? How many feeder middle schools are there for the other AAA schools in LC's district?

I agree that it is not fair to put so many on the team if you only intend to have your favorite 5 or 7 play. What about the talent you are wasting on the bench. You are crushing their love of the game. They are nothing but a practice team, how humiliating is that. Most of the time you will find that the ones on the bench have a true heart for the game and can really play given the opportunity which it doesn't sound like at this school that happens.

I also agree that you can just move your kid to another school, if they have the talent they will succeed. However, that is punishment for the kid because they shouldn't have to move because of sports. What I don't get is this coaches behavior. It is my understanding that he also uses inappropriate language when trying to get his point across. What good does that do?

The job of this coach or any coach should be to encourage, teach, and be an example. How can any coach be an effective leader if his team is terrified of him.

I agree that it is not fair to put so many on the team if you only intend to have your favorite 5 or 7 play. What about the talent you are wasting on the bench. You are crushing their love of the game. They are nothing but a practice team, how humiliating is that. Most of the time you will find that the ones on the bench have a true heart for the game and can really play given the opportunity which it doesn't sound like at this school that happens.

I also agree that you can just move your kid to another school, if they have the talent they will succeed. However, that is punishment for the kid because they shouldn't have to move because of sports. What I don't get is this coaches behavior. It is my understanding that he also uses inappropriate language when trying to get his point across. What good does that do?

The job of this coach or any coach should be to encourage, teach, and be an example. How can any coach be an effective leader if his team is terrified of him.

I believe that several of the girls are considering transferring to other schools. Parents play a mjor influence on this team Inappropriate language to name one bad behavior. I am not sure the players have a lot of respect left for the entire coaching staff. There is little positive feedback or enthusiasm from this coaching staff. This team obviously needs new life breathed into the program.

Ledbetter I would expect you to take the stand you did??¦everyone knows you are Lee??™s little yes man. And please don't say ???we do this for the girls"...when you refer to your Wendy's...that??™s a pile of crap! Need we bring up the fact that Wendy's is not a sanctioned AAU team? No, Wendy's does not even try to Compete at DI; DII or even DIII on a state or national level , to improve the girls that play for them, in turn improveing their respective high schools.

Playing time on Wendy??™s older teams is dictated by LC girls coach instead of the coach that actually sets the bench for Wendy??™s. Wonder what TSSAA would think of all this!!! Don??™t know if it??™s illegal but it ain??™t right.

Wendy's does not pay coaches, they do not pay to use gyms for practice (the Lenoir city school system does ... thanks to LC girls coach...humm...). I bet the tax payers of LC would love to know this so would the school board!!!

Wendy's plays in mostly their own tournaments (which Wendy's teams play for free.). If Wendy's puts their teams in someone else??™s tournaments, it's a Local non Sanctioned tournament 100.00 to 200.00 each team to enter. (And if you put more then one team in a tournament you get a break on fees??¦ Wendy??™s has 6 teams Humm...break?). Wendy's, week in and week out play the same 5 clubs over and over and over again, who gets better doing this? Not the girls..coaches.. no,I doubt that.

Wendy's use to supply??™s only jerseys to the girls (no shorts) on a ???deposit??? bases, these Jersey's were old (and paid for by scared LC parent??™s years ago) and guess what... you never get your "Deposit" back when you turn them in. That all changed this year, they got new Jerseys and shorts...WOW that was nice after all these years of fees!!!

So how many girls does Wendy's have playing??¦ hummm.. let's see??¦ 6 teams at no less then 15 girls a team that??™s 90 girls?How much does Wendy's make on player fee's?? How much does Wendy??™s make on their own tournaments, tee shirt sales and concessions (which parents help run for free to try to get more playing time for their kid)??? Not to mention the sponsors who give money to this fine organization, where does all the money go Ledbetter??¦ referees??..Team inprovements ??¦???? Crap??¦It is the biggest summer scam going!!! LC girls coach makes the kids feel like they better play for Wendy's and come to his summer camps run by his High School players (for free) if you want to play for LC High School. It's extortion, plan and simple!! what a rip off!!!

BUT DON'T ###### THE COACH OFF!!!

And people wonder why the girls in LC don??™t get better... The only way they get better is working on their own, which many do; but what does it get them? you can only set so far down the bench!!! Ledbetter you say poor ole LC only has two feeder schools; well that is one more then most of knox county high schools have with their zoning issue! Ledbetter get your fact before you speek, There is an old saying ???Let people think you??™re a fool less you open your mouth and remove all doubt??? . folks it's not about your kid it's how much money this bunch can make in the off season.... it is a racket...its a small town. It stinks for the girls.

Ledbetter you??™re a hot head and you need to stay out of talking about high school playing time, you ain??™t a coach and you ain??™t got a kid in this, so shut up!!! And if you come back on this thread I will throw out figures and statistic and start naming names??¦believe me you don??™t want this!!! Change your program??¦ it is time for the children to be heard!!!! ???Players are made in the off season???. Not in LC!!! Unless your parents play those silly "be nice to coaches you don't even like or respect" games.. you know go get their dry cleaning... buy their dinner...take private lesson from them.... that kind of stuff !

People are tired of the crap they put up with in LC to let their kids play a sport they love!! No, these kids might not get scholarships to play college ball, there are very few scholarships given to even LC "most talented" kids??¦wonder why??? Could it be the summer program could it be the high school coach??? LC girls coach has been playing the ???girls he thinks has the most talent??? for decades and they still loose??¦. There is good talent in LC and they could finish 3rd in their district next year regardless of their ???feeder??? middle schools being A or AA ??¦ but they want??¦guess why??¦....

The game has passed the old man by! It is time for the money train to come to an end. Retire LC coach before they fire you, your time is coming; people ain??™t scared of the big bad wolf any more!!!

Have a nice day!