Lenoir City Lady Panthers

lovedahoops

Ledbetter I would expect you to take the stand you did??¦everyone knows you are Lee??™s little yes man. And please don't say ???we do this for the girls"...when you refer to your Wendy's...that??™s a pile of crap! Need we bring up the fact that Wendy's is not a sanctioned AAU team? No, Wendy's does not even try to Compete at DI; DII or even DIII on a state or national level , to improve the girls that play for them, in turn improveing their respective high schools.

Playing time on Wendy??™s older teams is dictated by LC girls coach instead of the coach that actually sets the bench for Wendy??™s. Wonder what TSSAA would think of all this!!! Don??™t know if it??™s illegal but it ain??™t right.

Wendy's does not pay coaches, they do not pay to use gyms for practice (the Lenoir city school system does ... thanks to LC girls coach...humm...). I bet the tax payers of LC would love to know this so would the school board!!!

Wendy's plays in mostly their own tournaments (which Wendy's teams play for free.). If Wendy's puts their teams in someone else??™s tournaments, it's a Local non Sanctioned tournament 100.00 to 200.00 each team to enter. (And if you put more then one team in a tournament you get a break on fees??¦ Wendy??™s has 6 teams Humm...break?). Wendy's, week in and week out play the same 5 clubs over and over and over again, who gets better doing this? Not the girls..coaches.. no,I doubt that.

Wendy's use to supply??™s only jerseys to the girls (no shorts) on a ???deposit??? bases, these Jersey's were old (and paid for by scared LC parent??™s years ago) and guess what... you never get your "Deposit" back when you turn them in. That all changed this year, they got new Jerseys and shorts...WOW that was nice after all these years of fees!!!

So how many girls does Wendy's have playing??¦ hummm.. let's see??¦ 6 teams at no less then 15 girls a team that??™s 90 girls?How much does Wendy's make on player fee's?? How much does Wendy??™s make on their own tournaments, tee shirt sales and concessions (who parents help run for free to try to get more playing time for their kid)??? Where does the money go Ledbetter??¦ referees??..Team inprovements ??¦???? Crap??¦It is the biggest summer scam going!!! LC girls coach makes the kids feel like they better play for Wendy's and come to his summer camps run by his High School players (for free) if you want to play for LC High School. It's extortion, plan and simple!! what a rip off!!!

BUT DON'T ###### THE COACH OFF!!!

And people wonder why the girls in LC don??™t get better... The only way they get better is working on their own, which many do; but what does it get them? you can only set so far down the bench!!! Ledbetter you say poor ole LC only has two feeder schools; well that is one more then most of knox county high schools have with their zoning issue! Ledbetter get your fact before you speek, There is an old saying ???Let people think you??™re a fool less you open your mouth and remove all doubt??? . folks it's not about your kid it's how much money this bunch can make in the off season.... it is a racket...its a small town. It stinks for the girls.

Ledbetter you??™re a hot head and you need to stay out of talking about high school playing time, you ain??™t a coach and you ain??™t got a kid in this, so shut up!!! And if you come back on this thread I will throw out figures and statistic and start naming names??¦believe me you don??™t want this!!! Change your program??¦ it is time for the children to be heard!!!! ???Players are made in the off season???. Not in LC!!! Unless your parents play those silly "be nice to coaches you don't even like or respect" games.. you know go get their dry cleaning... buy their dinner...take private lesson from them.... that kind of stuff !

People are tired of the crap they put up with in LC to let their kids play a sport they love!! No, these kids might not get scholarships to play college ball, there are very few scholarships given to even LC "most talented" kids??¦wonder why??? Could it be the summer program could it be the high school coach??? LC girls coach has been playing the ???girls he thinks has the most talent??? for decades and they still loose??¦. There is good talent in LC and they could finish 3rd in their district next year regardless of their ???feeder??? middle schools being A or AA ??¦ but they want??¦guess why??¦....

The game has passed the old man by! It is time for the money train to come to an end. Retire LC coach before they fire you, your time is coming; people ain??™t scared of the big bad wolf any more!!!

Have a nice day!

APPLAUSE!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with NOT CALLING LC GIRLS OUT BY NAME!

It??™s immature to do so??¦??¦

Unfortunately, part of the issue is LC is playing a AAA schedule and the middle schools play A/AA schedules because the size of the schools.

Most AAA high schools have 4 to 8 middle schools feeding their high schools, poor ole LC just has two schools. Both middle schools have made it to their respective state tournaments the last two years??¦which is great if the high school is playing a A/AA schedule.

The facts are, you have to have more talent than the teams you are playing and LC hasn??™t had that in a while, it's not the coaching.

Parents, if you??™re not happy with your daughters playing time then I recommend sending them to another school, Greenback, Midway, etc??¦Joe Lee is going to play who he thinks is the best players which allows the girls good enough to win, to win.

Poor ole LC only has 2 feeder schools???? In my research I have found that these 2 feeder schools in the past 2 years have done very well. With one winning their state sectional championship and 5 team members making the all state tournament team and then both middle school teams winning their district championship.

Poor ole LC only has 2 feeder schools???? In my research I have found that these 2 feeder schools in the past 2 years have done very well. With one winning their state sectional championship and 5 team members making the all state tournament team and then both middle school teams winning their district championship.

What middle schools "feed" William Blount, Maryville, Heritage,Sevier County, Farragut, Bearden, South Doyle and the rest of the teams on LC's schedule? I doubt that each of the mentioned high schools have 4 middle schools sending students much less 8.

What a lame excuse. Last time I checked North Middle, a school of 800 students played and defeated most of the "feeder" middle schools-Heritage Middle, Carpenter's, William Blount (now a new name), Farragut, etc. So...there is talent on this team that is stifled by the coaching staff at LCHS.

What middle schools "feed" William Blount, Maryville, Heritage,Sevier County, Farragut, Bearden, South Doyle and the rest of the teams on LC's schedule? I doubt that each of the mentioned high schools have 4 middle schools sending students much less 8.

What a lame excuse. Last time I checked North Middle, a school of 800 students played and defeated most of the "feeder" middle schools-Heritage Middle, Carpenter's, William Blount (now a new name), Farragut, etc. So...there is talent on this team that is stifled by the coaching staff at LCHS.

There is also talent at the other city middle school. This school sometimes gets forgotten because they only have about 350 students. This team has had two very good years. I agree that the talent is stifled by the coaches after their middle school years. There should be about 15 to 18 girls coming from both schools combined. If you take these girls (all from winning teams) a good coach should be able to have a super great freshman team.

There is also talent at the other city middle school. This school sometimes gets forgotten because they only have about 350 students. This team has had two very good years. I agree that the talent is stifled by the coaches after their middle school years. There should be about 15 to 18 girls coming from both schools combined. If you take these girls (all from winning teams) a good coach should be able to have a super great freshman team.

I did not mean to omit LCMS, I realize they have had a great team for the past couple of years who won the state tournament for small schools. When these 2 teams combine at the high school level they should be unbeatable at the freshmen,JV and varsity team levels. It clearly is not lack of player talent, that is obviously there. These girls play basketball 12 months a year, fall league ball, then school season/practice starts, AAU/travel team begins in March. Then spring/summer practice starts. The only 2 weeks these girls have off are the TSSAA dead period in the summer.This a full time job for these athletes plus they attend school full time. So if a coach can;t develop a team from 2 great schools whose players play 12 months a year, the problem is in the coach.

Ledbetter I would expect you to take the stand you did??¦everyone knows you are Lee??™s little yes man. And please don't say ???we do this for the girls"...when you refer to your Wendy's...that??™s a pile of crap! Need we bring up the fact that Wendy's is not a sanctioned AAU team? No, Wendy's does not even try to Compete at DI; DII or even DIII on a state or national level , to improve the girls that play for them, in turn improveing their respective high schools.

Playing time on Wendy??™s older teams is dictated by LC girls coach instead of the coach that actually sets the bench for Wendy??™s. Wonder what TSSAA would think of all this!!! Don??™t know if it??™s illegal but it ain??™t right.

Wendy's does not pay coaches, they do not pay to use gyms for practice (the Lenoir city school system does ... thanks to LC girls coach...humm...). I bet the tax payers of LC would love to know this so would the school board!!!

Wendy's plays in mostly their own tournaments (which Wendy's teams play for free.). If Wendy's puts their teams in someone else??™s tournaments, it's a Local non Sanctioned tournament 100.00 to 200.00 each team to enter. (And if you put more then one team in a tournament you get a break on fees??¦ Wendy??™s has 6 teams Humm...break?). Wendy's, week in and week out play the same 5 clubs over and over and over again, who gets better doing this? Not the girls..coaches.. no,I doubt that.

Wendy's use to supply??™s only jerseys to the girls (no shorts) on a ???deposit??? bases, these Jersey's were old (and paid for by scared LC parent??™s years ago) and guess what... you never get your "Deposit" back when you turn them in. That all changed this year, they got new Jerseys and shorts...WOW that was nice after all these years of fees!!!

So how many girls does Wendy's have playing??¦ hummm.. let's see??¦ 6 teams at no less then 15 girls a team that??™s 90 girls?How much does Wendy's make on player fee's?? How much does Wendy??™s make on their own tournaments, tee shirt sales and concessions (which parents help run for free to try to get more playing time for their kid)??? Not to mention the sponsors who give money to this fine organization, where does all the money go Ledbetter??¦ referees??..Team inprovements ??¦???? Crap??¦It is the biggest summer scam going!!! LC girls coach makes the kids feel like they better play for Wendy's and come to his summer camps run by his High School players (for free) if you want to play for LC High School. It's extortion, plan and simple!! what a rip off!!!

BUT DON'T ###### THE COACH OFF!!!

And people wonder why the girls in LC don??™t get better... The only way they get better is working on their own, which many do; but what does it get them? you can only set so far down the bench!!! Ledbetter you say poor ole LC only has two feeder schools; well that is one more then most of knox county high schools have with their zoning issue! Ledbetter get your fact before you speek, There is an old saying ???Let people think you??™re a fool less you open your mouth and remove all doubt??? . folks it's not about your kid it's how much money this bunch can make in the off season.... it is a racket...its a small town. It stinks for the girls.

Ledbetter you??™re a hot head and you need to stay out of talking about high school playing time, you ain??™t a coach and you ain??™t got a kid in this, so shut up!!! And if you come back on this thread I will throw out figures and statistic and start naming names??¦believe me you don??™t want this!!! Change your program??¦ it is time for the children to be heard!!!! ???Players are made in the off season???. Not in LC!!! Unless your parents play those silly "be nice to coaches you don't even like or respect" games.. you know go get their dry cleaning... buy their dinner...take private lesson from them.... that kind of stuff !

People are tired of the crap they put up with in LC to let their kids play a sport they love!! No, these kids might not get scholarships to play college ball, there are very few scholarships given to even LC "most talented" kids??¦wonder why??? Could it be the summer program could it be the high school coach??? LC girls coach has been playing the ???girls he thinks has the most talent??? for decades and they still loose??¦. There is good talent in LC and they could finish 3rd in their district next year regardless of their ???feeder??? middle schools being A or AA ??¦ but they want??¦guess why??¦....

The game has passed the old man by! It is time for the money train to come to an end. Retire LC coach before they fire you, your time is coming; people ain??™t scared of the

big bad wolf any more!!!

Have a nice day!

Well this sounds like the baseball coach (son in law) has learned well over the years. The baseball program is a mirror image of the girls basketball program. Now I know why.

Wow #1bballfan speaking of NOT telling the truth.

1. ALL Wendy's Elite coaches are paid a fee of $600 to $1200 depending on whether they are a assistant or head coach for Wendy's Elite. I try to only hire middle school or high school coaches from the local area. The ONLY coach WHO HAS NEVER, I repeat NEVER received a dime is Joe Lee. I have discussed to him about giving him a coaches fee and all he's ever requested was to just put it to his girls program.

2. Wendy's Elite has donated $8000 to the Lenoir City Middle & High School girls basketball program the last 5 years. I requested that the money GO TO THE GIRLS PROGRAM since this is what we are doing. All this is documented thru the schools athletic programs. I have copies of all checks written to the school system, NO CASH has ever been handed over. I can RENT the gym cheaper than that.

3. Wendy's Elite did donate $1000 to the boys baseball team 2 years ago to help their funding...that was my decision after hearing some of the issues with not getting funds. A check was written.

4. Wendy's Elite donated $1500 to the boys basketball program after the head coached darted to Carter leaving the boys program in a major funding issue...it was originally give to the girls program, BUT JOE LEE asked if he could just give it to the boys and I agreed.

4. We've donated $250 to the diabetes association for one of our players last year who is suffering from this disorder. I guess you don't agree with this either #1bballfan.

5. Wendy's Elite has paid for both NORTH MIDDLE and LENOIR CITY Karns fall league teams the last 3 years and will continue this year. For a total of $3000. I have parents tell me that they "MAKE" money playing for Wendy's Elite because of what we pay for, FOR THE GIRLS. We also paid for the high school fall league team for one year before the TSSAA stopped fall ball...another $500.

6. NO PARENT WORKS MY TOURNAMENT...they did for the first two years, this is our 8th year, and then I got tired of BEGGING people...so I hire all my workers from the score keepers, concession, front gate, etc...all Wendy's parents must pay the gate fee to make up for all the workers I have to hire...sorry, but that's just the way it is.

7. We have purchased new uniforms 3 times in 8 years. This year we purchased $2600 in uniforms form Smittys.

8. This year is our 3rd year for the Wendy's Elite Senior scholarship that we give out. We have two girls receiving $300 each this year, so far have give out $2100 the last three years.

9. Sponsors...lets talk about that...in the 8 years we've been Wendy's Elite they've give $3000, the 1st year they gave half of this amount because my BEST FRIEND was the district manager at the time. So in the last 7 years they've given us $1500. The rest of the sponsors together for 8 years has been less then $300....I have loyalty to Wendy's because they helped us get started. I really don't care if Wendy's gives us another penny....if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have this great program.

10. Uniform deposits...Last year we had two dates scheduled on our website so parents could turn in their uniforms. I'm sorry if some of the parents didn't show up to collect. I gave Joe Lee $600 cash to give back on uniform deposits at his camp. Some turned them in and some did not. I allow ALLL parents to return their jersey the next year to receive their full deposit. I've NEVER kept the deposit. Once again, we will have two dates again this year.

11. Parents charge...ok...the first year we had Wendy's Elite we charged $110 in 8 years I've NEVER increased the price...do you think our expenses have increased??....of the $110, $30 is a uniform deposit....so my parents pay $80 to play in 6 tournaments...not to bad...go play for these other teams and see what you pay....on average we have about 10 parents who can not AFFORD to pay...we have NEVER turned one kid away AND NEVER WILL as long as I'm doing this. Also, I let parents who are not 100% satisfied with our program to e-mail or call me and I will give back their FULL amount $110....so far I've had 4 parents this year, two leaving the team last week...full amount $110 after they played in 4 tournaments....think that was fair?

12. Filling our pockets full of money you say....has Wendy's Elite ever bought me or my coaches dinner after , YEP, has Wendy's Elite ever paid for mine and my coaches rooms when we used to play tournaments in Pigeon Forge, YEP.....sorry...if this is the "lining" our pockets you speak of then I guess I'm guilty.

13. Correct, we are not AAU sancution for a couple of reasons...#1...the main reason would be insurance...guess what if you don't play in sancutioned AAU tournaments the insurance is void...there's not many of these tournaments in a 50 miles radius. #2...cost...it cost around $100 to register a team, plus $15 per player and coach. Plus you have to go and play in $350 to $500 tournaments. #3...majority of my parents DO NOT want to travel to Kingsport, Nashville, Atlanta, etc...every or any weekend. #4....we DO NOT do open tryouts and all us to pick up the best basketball players in E. Tenn....this program is designed JUST FOR LENOIR CITY GIRLS...YOU should not expect for us to be able to beat HAND PICKED AAU teams...if you do then you're totally mistaken.

14. We have only 5 teams, not 6....our 8th grade group and HS group will play in 7 tournaments and our other 3 will play in 6 tournaments...only two are Wendy's tournaments.

15. Yes, we do use the LC facilities and if we couldn't then Wendy's Elite would not exist, but this is for the Lenoir City girls who play for us.....but what would really bother the tax payers is to know what other NON Lenoir City teams are using the facilities. I know of 5 teams boys/girls who don't even have a LC player (or maybe one) on the team who uses the gyms.

16. We have ALWAYS provide both jersey and shorts for the girls....last year I had one team (10 & under) where I ran out of shorts and didn't reorder....sorry...I told the parents to just wear black shorts and that I didn't want to spend the money on shorts that we were going to wear just one year. But all parents recieved back their $30 for the jersey top when they turned it in.

17. We have 49 girls total for 5 teams....what did you say 90????

Wow...it amazing how little you knew about Wendy's Elite...glad I could educate you.

Well this sounds like the baseball coach (son in law) has learned well over the years. The baseball program is a mirror image of the girls basketball program. Now I know why.

Any one who follows LC sports know that there one or two people who have a choke hold on two athletic teams at LCHS. That is a shame. Furthermore, why can LC go through football coaches like crazy and can't seem to find a way to dismiss coaches who have anger management problems? The same coaches can't seem to discipline players for failing grades and actions in the community that are an embarassment to their team mates. There is no role models in the coaching staff in girls' basketball and baseball. You could even say these teams are an embarassment to the school and the community. I think I'll change my name to lcpanthernomore.

FYI-the baseball coach's father is a member of the school board. Conflict of interest? You decide.

Ledbetter,thanks for your reply, And I agree with you JOE LEE is a saint! But anyway, I just did the math on the figures you gave. Given you have had very little sponsorship through the years, also your "annual" contributions to the various LC schools and scolarships given by Wendys. Paying your coaches LESS JOE LEE, also paying tournament workers, and not knowing how much you make per Wendy's tournament but estimating 5000.00 for each (2). Placing your teams in 5 and 4 other tournaments this year depending on age group. Also your 2500.00 for new uniforms from (shirts and shorts) smittys. With 48 girls at 110.00 then giving 30.00 back to each for their deposit. Also given 4 girls quitting and receiving full refunds this year after 5 tournaments (very fair). I estimate your 835.50 in the hole for this year?? But I am sure you are a registered non profit organization and have a board to oversee the allocations of funds. And who cares if you make your donations in cash, checks or food stamps This is not about you,you just jumped in where you did not belong... collateral damage so to speak! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> As I said before you ain't no coach and you ain't got a kid in this!!

But while we are at it are you proud of LC Girls basketball???? Do you like the state of the program???? do you think it is a talent issue??? You run the summer program FOR LC GIRLS ONLY can't you make them better for high school?? What do you see as the problem???

Oh thanks for educating us... !!!

Have a great day!

Ledbetter,thanks for your reply, And I agree with you JOE LEE is a saint! But anyway, I just did the math on the figures you gave. Given you have had very little sponsorship through the years, also your "annual" contributions to the various LC schools and scolarships given by Wendys. Paying your coaches LESS JOE LEE, also paying tournament workers, and not knowing how much you make per Wendy's tournament but estimating 5000.00 for each (2). Placing your teams in 5 and 4 other tournaments this year depending on age group. Also your 2500.00 for new uniforms from (shirts and shorts) smittys. With 48 girls at 110.00 then giving 30.00 back to each for their deposit. Also given 4 girls quitting and receiving full refunds this year after 5 tournaments (very fair). I estimate your 835.50 in the whole for this year?? But I am sure you are a registered non profit organization and have a board to oversee the allocations of funds. And who cares if you make your donations in cash, checks or food stamps This is not about you,you just jumped in where you did not belong... collateral damage so to speak! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> As I said before you ain't no coach and you ain't got a kid in this!!

But while we are at it are you proud of LC Girls basketball???? Do you like the state of the program???? do you think it is a talent issue??? You run the summer program FOR LC GIRLS ONLY can't you make them better for high school??

Where do the paid coaches come from? What are their credentials? I would think 1200 dollars would be enough for some great coaches to improve the quality of play for the LC girls. If this is the case, why have girls pulled out of the program? To find a less quality coach and a poorer performing team somewhere else I am sure. Do the parents who pay $$$$ into this organization know how the money is spent and do they get a copy of the budget?