Franklin 9_3 ..1

Ravenwood 7_5 ..3

Brentwood 6_6 ..4

Centennial 5_7 ..5

Hillsboro 1_11 ..9

Hillwood 1_11 ..9

My Stone Cold Lock Final Standings Picks

Indy sweeps Brentwood easily

Overton destroys whatever Hill they are playing as does Centennial.

Ravenwood sweeps Franklin and Grabs the # 3 seed.

Tourney Match Ups at Overton

1. Overton

8. Hill?

4. Franklin

5. Centennial

3. Ravenwood

6. Brentwood

2. Indy

7. Hill?

Indy takes home the tourney crown. Go Eagles.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Overton be the top seed in district in the region tournament regardless of winning the district?

What is the district tournament format? Single elimination? Fri/Sat Mon/Tues?

On the other hand, there are still 2 district games left...and anything can happen in this great game.

Would Overton be the top seed in district in the region tournament regardless of winning the district?

What is the district tournament format? Single elimination? Fri/Sat Mon/Tues?

On the other hand, there are still 2 district games left...and anything can happen in this great game.

Franklin has Ravenwood Mon/Tues

Independence has Brentwood Mon/Tues.

Both these series will detemine seeds 2 through 6

My understanding is Overton is the top seed and guaranteed a spot in the Region.

I have not seen the format for our district tournament yet, I have heard pool, then double elimination.

Out of the top 3 teams, Overton has proven to be the most consistent. The tournament will be tough, but the team(s) that get out should represent the district well on up the line.

My understanding is Overton is the top seed and guaranteed a spot in the Region.

I have not seen the format for our district tournament yet, I have heard pool, then double elimination.

Providing that Overton beats Hillsboro twice, you are right. I assure you that Coach Morrison is not going to allow them to be overlooked or assumed as wins. My question is -- if they don't win the district tournament would they still be the #1 out of our district or would the tournament winner be #1 seed?

I'm not thinking it is pool/double elim -- not enough days (4 game days, I believe).

The district tournament winner is automatically the #1 seed in the region, so if Overton were to lose in the district tournament they would be the #2 seed. Essentially, it doesn't matter though because district 12 is awful every year.

Current Standings with two games remaining

GB

Overton 10_2 ---

Independence 9_3 ..1

Franklin 9_3 ..1

Ravenwood 7_5 ..3

Brentwood 6_6 ..4

Centennial 5_7 ..5

Hillsboro 1_11 ..9

Hillwood 1_11 ..9

My Stone Cold Lock Final Standings Picks

Indy sweeps Brentwood easily

Overton destroys whatever Hill they are playing as does Centennial.

Ravenwood sweeps Franklin and Grabs the # 3 seed.

Tourney Match Ups at Overton

1. Overton

8. Hill?

4. Franklin

5. Centennial

3. Ravenwood

6. Brentwood

2. Indy

7. Hill?

Will you reveal yourself after this year, assuming you are a senior???

100% that tourney winner hosts. Last year Franklin had to go on the road to McGavock after they choked in the districts. Ravenwood got to host the regional semi-finals. So this year Independence will be hosting the regional semi-final.

I go to Indy and our sports teams have never been any good except for our football team a couple years ago when we made it to state. But in every other sport we haven't proven anything. And for you saying that Franklin choked in the district play-offs...who gives a crap they already had won the regular season district tournament and were moving on regardless. IndyEagle you are an idiot. I have no respect for my sports teams here at Independence and its all thanks to you IndyEagle. And yes we already know that Franklin lost on a walk-off bomb and that Overton only beat Hillsboro 6-4 so please don't get on here and say your dumb crap.

Overton beat Hillsboro 6-4 yesterday. That was a tough game. The wind was crazy and the field...not sure what to say. The infield looks 10 x better than last year but Overton leading 4-0, with 2 outs Hillsboro hit a sharp but easy grounder to SS to end the inning. It hit...something...and bounced 20 feet in the air, that was 2 of the runs.

Overton probably left 10 runners on base and it just seemed they were not completely mentally in the game. Some, uh, conditioning in right field after the game may have helped their focus.

Anything can happen in baseball.

The game today is moved up to 4pm at Overton to try to beat the rain.

100% that tourney winner hosts. Last year Franklin had to go on the road to McGavock after they choked in the districts. Ravenwood got to host the regional semi-finals. So this year Independence will be hosting the regional semi-final.

I dont find your Stupid unimformed smack talk all that great on here.

This website was not made for Stupid smack talk

it is to compare and contrast the pros and cons of competitors

so please stop waisting replys on smack talk

Unlike IndyEagle09's cocky ######, I think the district tournament will be one of the most competitive and exciting tournaments that we have seen in 11AAA in a long time. Overton has proven to be the first place team, although they have lost their share of games. Then, from Franklin to Independence to Brentwood to Centennial, and maybe even Ravenwood could beat anybody on any given day. At the end of the day, I think it will be Overton and either Indy or Franklin representing 11AAA. Refreshing, huh, a humble Independence fan. Get off of here IndyEagle09, you are an embarrassment to yourself and the Independence community.