Young teams

Welshdragon

Just a curious question (you don't have to give me an answer, it's your call), are you a player for Riverdale?

No, I'm not a player. as my name suggests, I have a brother on the team. I'm in college and graduated from Riverdale and now that my brother plays, I try to make it to every Strikers and RHS game.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am saying, I probably sounded like I was downgrading them, but all I meant was that I would not be so "Hyped up" I guess would be a more appropriate term. I play travel at that age group and yes, they are in D2, and I didn't know that they played in a State Championship. But all I am saying is ITS D2 nowhere near the competition of D1. If Riverdale's coach can take them in and turn them into great, skillfull, and smart players, I will be very impressed with him. That's all I have to say, again not trying to demoralize the Strikers at all, just saying that they are nothing special...as of now.

I understand. I realize it is D2 but that doesn't mean they aren't skillful players. That's all that I was saying. After being to the Strikers games and practices and watching them play as well as at Riverdale, I think they are skilled. Of the starters at Riverdale, 4 freshman and 1 of the sophomores, are from that Strikers team and 1 of the players that comes off the bench and Riverdale certainly had a strong season. So i think the development that you are talking about is already taking place. That's all I was pointing out. Those players along with all the other strong players that are at Riverdale provide the recipe for success.

All I am saying, I probably sounded like I was downgrading them, but all I meant was that I would not be so "Hyped up" I guess would be a more appropriate term. I play travel at that age group and yes, they are in D2, and I didn't know that they played in a State Championship. But all I am saying is ITS D2 nowhere near the competition of D1. If Riverdale's coach can take them in and turn them into great, skillfull, and smart players, I will be very impressed with him. That's all I have to say, again not trying to demoralize the Strikers at all, just saying that they are nothing special...as of now.

Not to stray away from subject, but Farragut's 2007 championship team seniors was mostly made up of D2 players from KFC, if I recall correctly, 7. Sure they had plenty of D1 payers as well, but D2 doesn't always mean caliber of player is substandard.

Not to stray away from subject, but Farragut's 2007 championship team seniors was mostly made up of D2 players from KFC, if I recall correctly, 7. Sure they had plenty of D1 payers as well, but D2 doesn't always mean caliber of player is substandard.

Completely agree. One of the best players that I have coached in TN was D2. He wanted to focus mainly on academics and did not want to travel as much. Tnfutbol--who on the 07 team was D2?

I understand. I realize it is D2 but that doesn't mean they aren't skillful players. That's all that I was saying. After being to the Strikers games and practices and watching them play as well as at Riverdale, I think they are skilled. Of the starters at Riverdale, 4 freshman and 1 of the sophomores, are from that Strikers team and 1 of the players that comes off the bench and Riverdale certainly had a strong season. So i think the development that you are talking about is already taking place. That's all I was pointing out. Those players along with all the other strong players that are at Riverdale provide the recipe for success.

And you would definately have a better knowing of whether those players have improved, because I haven't played that team in almost a year.

Completely agree. One of the best players that I have coached in TN was D2. He wanted to focus mainly on academics and did not want to travel as much. Tnfutbol--who on the 07 team was D2?

Took me a while and had to go back through some archives, but there were five (no idea where I pulled 7 from /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ): Dylan Whitman, Kevin Underwood, Kyle Beltran, Aaron Stinton, Alex Ventura (who quit in middle of season). They played on a D2 KFC team Fusion.