11-AAA Post Season Thread

CalledStrike

I will definitely agree with you that Alumbaugh was not aggressive on the bases, but if you had seen this year you would have realized that Brown's coaching was too aggressive at times. They were stealing all the time, and sometimes it worked, but against better competition it got them in trouble quite often. Example A, the first Overton game that they lost in the district tourney. He had a kid steal when we were down by one run, the kid got picked, and they totally lost all momentum. And there are many other examples of that. A happy medium between the two coaches would have been nice, but I would rather give myself a chance to get a hit instead of having an out on the base-paths. Again, if you had been around the program this year you would probably not have the same opinion.

All I'm gonna say is that if you would have played as much as you wanted to this year, you probably would not have the same opinion either.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overton @ Independence at 6:30 tonight, weather permitting, for the Region Championship.

Not sure who is pitching on either side as tonight's game determine's nothing more than game location -- the real game is Friday night and both will save their 1 and probably 2 for that.

Whoever came up with the region and substate/sectionals format was a little loopy. It makes no sense at all. Seems like maybe the top 2 from each region should play the adjoining region in a double elimination tournament to get the representative for State (kind of like NCAA does for its regionals). Making it a "win one and in" format just promotes having one stud pitcher and/or the overuse of that one pitcher.

What's the word on the Region 5 game, Clarksville @ Mt Juliet? I don't know much about either team.

Not sure who is pitching on either side as tonight's game determine's nothing more than game location -- the real game is Friday night and both will save their 1 and probably 2 for that.

Should be interesting this evening. Both teams have a lot of pride, and I don't think either one wants to drive to Clarksville !!! Playing in front of a Mt Juliet crowd (very "supportive") would not be my choice either.

Independence is on top in the "series" 2 to 1, but all of the games have been close (8 -5 and 7 -6 Indy wins, 8 -7 Overton win)

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of pitching by "commitee" from either side

Should be interesting this evening. Both teams have a lot of pride, and I don't think either one wants to drive to Clarksville !!! Playing in front of a Mt Juliet crowd (very "supportive") would not be my choice either.

Independence is on top in the "series" 2 to 1, but all of the games have been close (8 -5 and 7 -6 Indy wins, 8 -7 Overton win)

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of pitching by "commitee" from either side

You giving me some chips & salsa if I come down to the party deck with my Overton hat on?

I expect pitching by committee, as well. Winner will be whoever has the hottest bats.

Yeah, I think Clarksville wins so loser drives...to Clarksville...at Friday rush hour. That is motivation enough to win tonight.

I think we should should play a 4 team double elimination, winner takes all and goes to state.

Independence over Overton 9 to 8 in a slugfest. Independence hosts sectional game. Sounds like Clarksville will be coming to visit.

1st inning had HR from both teams, Josh Lee's good for 2 runs

latter in the game (5th?) Blake Carden had a monster 3 run blast to put Indy up for good

Overton kept hitting the ball as well, scoring 3 runs on a bases loaded double to left field that got caught in the swirling winds and fell just short of the fence.

Eagles keep on Soaring!!! I guess my predictions don't look so dumb now do they? I know what I am talking about unlike most of you.

But WHAT THE HECK WAS MOORE THINKING? Why did we throw our ace in a game that did not matter? I don't know if we can make it to state or not. You have to save your best for Friday's game.

Independence over Overton 9 to 8 in a slugfest. Independence hosts sectional game. Sounds like Clarksville will be coming to visit.

latter in the game (5th?) Blake Carden had a monster 3 run blast to put Indy up for good

Overton kept hitting the ball as well, scoring 3 runs on a bases loaded double to left field that got caught in the swirling winds and fell just short of the fence.

Congratulations to Indy on winning the Region. They played well and deserved it.

On the other hand...Overton could very well have won the ballgame but gave it away. Overton made 6 errors, leading to at least 4 of the Indy runs. Independence did not make those same errors. Both teams pitched well enough to win. Both teams hit well enough to win. Only one team fielded well enough to win and that was Independence.

I do not second guess the Coach. He has done a great job getting 28 wins out of the team to this point. 28 wins is a good year in any book. Tremendous...and we have nothing to complain about.

Some coaches have the "win at all cost" approach. Others have the "let's have a good time, everyone gets the chance to play" approach and tend to let Seniors play almost as a birthright. Most coaches are in between, tending toward one extreme or the other. I have my opinion -- which is different than the Coach's opinion. He, however, got them to this point and should be congratulated for it. Maybe getting other players on the field could have made the difference...maybe it wouldn't.

Both teams deserve congratulations and best wishes tomorrow night. They'll both be good for years to come with the young talent on both rosters. Good coaching + good talent + hard work = success, and that's what you have with Indy and Overton.

But WHAT THE HECK WAS MOORE THINKING? Why did we throw our ace in a game that did not matter? I don't know if we can make it to state or not. You have to save your best for Friday's game.

I doubt you KNOW as much as you think you do. Every deck of cards has more than 1 ACE, they are just different suits. I'm beginning to think you are just a name dropper, you only repeat the names you hear. The Eagles are much more than the 4 names I have seen you repeatedly parrot. Go Eagles !!!

That was a roller coaster of a game. Overton had every chance to win but Independence did what it took.

Corbin left with a couple more names in his little book.