Volunteer Falcons 2009

How come the starters didn't play much when the 7 on 7 games counted today for the Falcons? Kinda dissappointing for them to start out so well and end with 2 losses in a row.

The QB Cradic looks really good he is very precise and makes excellent decisions, I think the WR #25 looks solid for the Falcons.

The RB Rogers looks to have put on some good size and even more speed if that was possible. Should have a great sophomore season.

Does anyone know if Volunteer's line has been to any camps or had an instructional work since last season. If the line has improved for the Falcons then they should be a good team.

How is the seating situation going to be when some of the bigger schools visit Volunteer, with Volunteer only have bleachers on one side?

Good Luck to the Falcons this season!

I didn't go to Abington yesterday, but I did hear that Luke and other potential starters didn't play that much when the games counted. Play them the whole time and try to win.

I know they had some kind of big man challenge yesterday and Volunteer didn't bring their lineman. I don't understand that.

The seating at Volunteer is going to be horrible. I was told that we may put in a new section of bleachers off to the side for the band. Other than that when we play schools like South and Science Hill it will be packed. I don't know if we will ever be able to schedule DB to play there.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Questions

1. Who do you think will start on the O line?

2. How good will the O line be this season?

3. If the line doesn't play good this year how many games can Volunteer win?

I don't have a clue about your O line, but looking at your schedule, I'd say you're looking at 4-6. 5-5 at best. 6-4 your coach should get a raise.

I don't have a clue about your O line, but looking at your schedule, I'd say you're looking at 4-6. 5-5 at best. 6-4 your coach should get a raise.

I have to say I have high hopes that we can go the 6-4, make it into the playoffs and Coach Rider get a nice big raise!

Here are games I think/hope that we can WIN and be sitting pretty at the end of the season.

Elizabethton it will be a fight as they are much improved but I think we can get it done.

North we should win this game for sure! They can't compete with us.

Cherokee it is always a tough game and usually comes down to the 4th quarter, hopefully we come out on top.

David Crockett We beat them last year and I think they will be at the bottom of this conference

Daniel Boone They got us last year and they have a good size quarterback returning, hopefully we can get revenge on them this season.

Sullivan Central Another team that has had a rough couple of years and I think it continues this year and we beat them.

Those are 6 games I can see us winning this year!

Science Hill, Tennessee High, Sullivan South and Dobyns Bennett will be all super tough games, so it would be hard for us to pull out wins against any of those teams. With three of those big games being in Church Hill who knows what could happen, home field advantage is powerful! Especially in high school.

Why is it that other schools have so many people on coacht to support them, is it because most of Hawkins Co. still doesn't have a clue what the internet is? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Just kidding around, I just wish more supporters would come on(or quit lurking and sign up) and let your opinions be heard and support our team.

This is simply untrue. They may look small to you, but honestly, they are weighing in beyond what you think.

I have no idea how much Brumet weighs. However, I know for a fact that 3 or 4 of them weigh right at and over 200. Frank Mutter weighs in at over 200, as well as, Cody Estes weighing in at just over 200. Mutter stays around the same both on and off, Estes fluctuates from off season to season because of other activities. He just weighed in for an MMA event and is over 200 right now, but that will change once 3 a days start. He's a bit unpredictable (for weight, not skill, skills there) when 3 a days and 5 days a week practice starts in. Last year, he was weighing in at over 200 when they began 3 a days and lost 30 pounds rather sudden and not wanting to before the first game started. This caused a ripple and coaching staff moved him from a starting position to second string before the first game of the season.

No.... its not.....you are simlpy proving my point. You act like i said they stunk or something, and thats not it at all. But with hard work and good techniqe they should be ok.. I also said this. They have great potental. All a was trying to say was they arent as big as most. Sorry. And i dont really care if Estes can beat someone up. Only if he can block....and he has proven himself that he can do that.

Anyways that adidasbacksthefalcons guy.... grow up. Thats stupid. We all know your just being a smartalic. Haha your hilarious /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> im cryin tears of laughter

Iv heard alot of good things about the passing leagues. Thats always great to hear. oh and thanks for that youtube link for the videos nike. I didnt get a chance to see that scrimage and that little bit was nice to see.

I heard there was one today can someone varify that for me.

I have to say I have high hopes that we can go the 6-4, make it into the playoffs and Coach Rider get a nice big raise!

Here are games I think/hope that we can WIN and be sitting pretty at the end of the season.

Elizabethton it will be a fight as they are much improved but I think we can get it done.

North we should win this game for sure! They can't compete with us.

Cherokee it is always a tough game and usually comes down to the 4th quarter, hopefully we come out on top.

David Crockett We beat them last year and I think they will be at the bottom of this conference

Daniel Boone They got us last year and they have a good size quarterback returning, hopefully we can get revenge on them this season.

Sullivan Central Another team that has had a rough couple of years and I think it continues this year and we beat them.

Those are 6 games I can see us winning this year!

Science Hill, Tennessee High, Sullivan South and Dobyns Bennett will be all super tough games, so it would be hard for us to pull out wins against any of those teams. With three of those big games being in Church Hill who knows what could happen, home field advantage is powerful! Especially in high school.

Ok, first of all, i've seen you all play many times this spring and begining of summer, in scrimages and passing leagues.

1.Elizabethton will KILL you all.

2.North should not be underestamated. They will have a decent team

but other than that, after you play the cyclones, i wish you the best of luck.

Ok, first of all, i've seen you all play many times this spring and begining of summer, in scrimages and passing leagues.

KILL!!!! thats a harsh word, and im pretty sure guns are illegal on high school grounds okokok if the falcons dont get beat by atleast 40 you are officially a moron. Im going to say it will be a good game. No KILLING on either side. Murder is very wrong. I wonder if coach Curtis will be there...Wait of course he will what am I saying.

I hope the cyclones have the same mentality as you do. Because if they do the falcons will bust there lip. MARK MY WORDS.

I am sure glad you get alot out of watching a passing league. To me a passing league is nothing except for extra reps/practice for Qb's.

As for scrimmages we have played one scrimmage in the 09 year, it was against Hampton and Mo East and we did great.

Also the Falcons haven't been playing their starters much so what you are seeing isn't our team at full capacity. Just wait till the first game of the see before you judge what we have. These summer passing leagues are no way to judge a team, there is no O-line or D-line, Running backs can only catch passes, the kids are in shorts and jersey no pads at all.

I can't wait for the season to start.

No.... its not.....you are simlpy proving my point. You act like i said they stunk or something, and thats not it at all. But with hard work and good techniqe they should be ok.. I also said this. They have great potental. All a was trying to say was they arent as big as most. Sorry. And i dont really care if Estes can beat someone up. Only if he can block....and he has proven himself that he can do that.

Anyways that adidasbacksthefalcons guy.... grow up. Thats stupid. We all know your just being a smartalic. Haha your hilarious /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> im cryin tears of laughter

Iv heard alot of good things about the passing leagues. Thats always great to hear. oh and thanks for that youtube link for the videos nike. I didnt get a chance to see that scrimage and that little bit was nice to see.

I heard there was one today can someone varify that for me.

Wow, your reaction and comments back are so far out in left field, you've lost reality. You made a statement about the O-line's weight, I simply corrected your assumption. For future reference, base what I say on the actual typing and not what you assume (or think I act like), because your assumptions are way of balance to the truth (and flat out wrong to begin with).

I agree they are not as big as most. However, they are weighing 200 and over, not under as your previous statment suggested.

Furthermore, I don't recall ever typing anything about that boy being able to beat someone up. Again, your mixed up within your own mind and need to learn how to read what someone says, rather than reading it in your slanted way of false. I simply stated that the boy fluctuates in weight and based on a knowledge of what I knew he weighed in at based on where he was at. Nothing more, nothing less.

If I were to base my assumptions on your attitude of words etc.. alone, I would assume your just a kid with a very aggressive, negative attitude about everything in life. You appear to want to jump head first into stirring up trouble and arguments every 5 seconds just for heck of it. I could be wrong, or I could be very correct in statment. However, I chose not to assume and misconstrue reality and facts in life. Maybe you should step back, reread and evaluate your comments and determine how your presenting yourself to this board and the world around you.

I agree that passing leagues are not a good measure of how well a team will do in pads. Passing leagues rank just below spring scrimmages as far as evaluating a team is concerned IMO. However, I do think we look quite a bit better this year than last year at this point. A lot of questions unanswered at this point: O-Line, D-Line, Special Teams, etc.

I look forward to this season and I think we have the potential to be very good. Potential means little unless the eleven guys on the field can find a way to measure up to it and continue to improve at each position. I think these guys should go into every game expecting to win and willing to put the effort into making it happen. Favorites and Underdogs mean nothing come Friday Night.

GO FALCONS!!!