jack nicklaus at clifton tuesday

ptguard

hey everyone. have any of you played the new bear trace course designed by jack nicklaus in clifton? it is called the bear trace at ross creek landing. nicklaus himself will be playing the masterpiece he designed on tuesday, sept. 10. this is the grand opening of the course, although it has been open since last october. vince gill will be his playing partner. it is strictly an invitation-only affair. nicklaus will be hitting two dozen brand new pro v-1's off the range before playing his round.

course is in great shape. played there in a scramble over the weekend. if you've played it, what are your thoughts on the course?

oh yeah, if you do play it, i hope you bring plenty of balls 'cuz you're gonna need 'em--trust me. ;)

Posted by ptguard:

hey everyone. have any of you played the new bear trace course designed by jack nicklaus in clifton? it is called the bear trace at ross creek landing. nicklaus himself will be playing the masterpiece he designed on tuesday, sept. 10. this is the grand opening of the course, although it has been open since last october. vince gill will be his playing partner. it is strictly an invitation-only affair. nicklaus will be hitting two dozen brand new pro v-1's off the range before playing his round.

course is in great shape. played there in a scramble over the weekend. if you've played it, what are your thoughts on the course?

oh yeah, if you do play it, i hope you bring plenty of balls 'cuz you're gonna need 'em--trust me. :rolleyes:

This is truly a great course. I have played it several times as well as the other Bear Trace courses. I would love to go see the Golden Bear himself.

• 2 months later...

hey i have played the course many times as my home course for our high school golf matches it is an awesome course and jack really did a great job on it as well as everyone that put it together rob and tim the pros at the coures are great guys and have helped us out in many different ways i too was there when jack was playing the course and it is an awesome and extraordinary thing to walk just inches away from a pro and a man of his level down the middle of the fairway that he created on pencil and paper the course is still in great shape and i encourage anyone that hasnt to play the course it is an unbelievable thing and i agree bing plenty of balls