D-B SPRING PRACTICE-Lets get it going !

its definatley good to hear that roop is doin good at quarterback, He really needs to step up this year and make some big plays. I heard that the slaughter kid is quite the player but will he do much at all this year since chris is at running back? and I take it that the soccer and baseball kids are back so that just leaves chris and derrick out for track. am I right? or do we have more people still out?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe we still have 2 missing in soccer.(j. michael & another player) baseball kids came out yesterday. back to the slaughter kid, he has some talent and will probably see some playing time. (injuries etc) defense is looking good at this point but a lot of new faces on offense. especially on the line. the center is undersized (he's a soph.) but playing decent. we certainly will miss r. church this fall.

roop has looked good but most of the skill players are still out. some freshmen have impressed : slaughter at running back & hayworth (moved from tight end to tackle). . r. clark has looked good at receiver . i don't believe we will find out much this spring other than developing some of the younger kids. i remember the halls scrimmage last spring and they stuck it to us pretty good. but we were without the main skill players last spring.

[

I saw the Indians practice today. I don't know why people are frowning. I think they will be just fine, little rusty but come August they will be ready. We still have alot out to.

Slaughter is playing RB while Chris is out and Hayworth is third string right tackle behind 1st string Corey Hall and 2nd Britton Leaper. Left tackle is Matt Blackwell and second is Taylor Hylemon. This is what I saw today.

Sitll trying to figure some out, under the helments and others I just don't know. Oh yeah I'm pretty sure Patrick Hanson is starting right guard and Cody Fuller is starting left guard. They look strong up front, I agree with you.

David Roop Looks good at QB and Zack Bryant is his center. Seems freshman will make up most of the special teams and our linebackers look strong, Rusty Clark and Zack Carland. Did not see the DL much today so not sure about them yet. We are a young team, but I think we will do good. Next year we should have an empire. BUT THIS IS JUST SPRING PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!! Alot could change by August.

I thought the scrimmage was pretty good today,there is allways things the kids and coaches can work on,but all and all pretty good.One of the starting offensive linemen was out.I didn't talk to his dad,so I hope he is ok.I thought Roop played well and Slaughter looks very good.I'm no expert,but if some people keep steping up,we might be able to move some guys around and not play to many on both sides of the ball.Derrick is one that will have to run deep on offense a few times during the year,because he is a burner.Rusty has great hands and will have to make a few plays on the offensive side.I hope we are able to use some of the younger good athletes on special teams this year,because the 10th grade class coming up has got a few that I think will help.Watson didn't open it up 100% today,that will allways be the key to our defense up front, with one true lineman and 5 linebackers or 7 if you count the dogs.He is the man,and I'm glad we have him.Roll Tribe

I would say coach clark will stretch the kids out and go through some offensive plays and then get started on scrimmaging. I would say probably around 3:45 they will start scrimmaging. Everyone needs to tell everyone, we need to get a big crowd out there!!!!!

Roll Tribe!!!!!

good story about the spread offense in "modelcitysports.com" maybe D.B. could run it the have the speed

I thought the scrimmage was pretty good today,there is allways things the kids and coaches can work on,but all and all pretty good.One of the starting offensive linemen was out.I didn't talk to his dad,so I hope he is ok.I thought Roop played well and Slaughter looks very good.I'm no expert,but if some people keep steping up,we might be able to move some guys around and not play to many on both sides of the ball.Derrick is one that will have to run deep on offense a few times during the year,because he is a burner.Rusty has great hands and will have to make a few plays on the offensive side.I hope we are able to use some of the younger good athletes on special teams this year,because the 10th grade class coming up has got a few that I think will help.Watson didn't open it up 100% today,that will allways be the key to our defense up front, with one true lineman and 5 linebackers or 7 if you count the dogs.He is the man,and I'm glad we have him.Roll Tribe

From the ways it looks so far they are going to try and keep the OL and D/L seperate. Some may have to play both ways if injury occurs for example Most of the OL will be 2nd string DL.

Yes some of the younger players willl have to step up this year but at the same time people has to remember varsity level is very different from the freshman level and even JV level. They will play some players both ways and even on second teams before some of the others based on experince. We have a very talented upcomming sophomore class. They had a excellent year last year and then the upcomming Junior were the regional champs their 8th grade year which had never been done. In other words this year will be some what challenging but next year we should have an Empire.

The Defense looked pretty good on our OL yesterday. They were Pumped. Just about every good play on defense was made on the left side of our OL yesterday but, one of the starting lineman (Cody Fuller) is still missing.

From the ways it looks so far they are going to try and keep the OL and D/L seperate. Some may have to play both ways if injury occurs for example Most of the OL will be 2nd string DL.

Yes some of the younger players willl have to step up this year but at the same time people has to remember varsity level is very different from the freshman level and even JV level. They will play some players both ways and even on second teams before some of the others based on experince. We have a very talented upcomming sophomore class. They had a excellent year last year and then the upcomming Junior were the regional champs their 8th grade year which had never been done. In other words this year will be some what challenging but next year we should have an Empire.

The Defense looked pretty good on our OL yesterday. They were Pumped. Just about every good play on defense was made on the left side of our OL yesterday but, one of the starting lineman (Cody Fuller) is still missing.

Last years seniors were the group that I thought had the best chance in a while.With Maryville coming in and all the good teams in 6A,I don't know how far the Empire will extend,I'd love to see it go to the Mississippi.I just hope we can get better as this year goes along and make some good things happen by the time this year is over.Our line has a chance to be very good this year.Patrick and Cory on the right side and Cody and Mat on the left side looks pretty good.I think we need to get Leeper in the mix some way.Joe {9} and {Mat P who has not gotten out yet} are very good over all athletes that can help this team at the skill positions.I've seen a lot of these kids in other sports as well as football for years and know what good athletes they are.I remember Chris running the bases when he and my son where a few years younger in the city league.Man,he could get around the diamond. My 2ed favorite player last year {Will Bateman} ran over the city league as a running back and linebacker.Will is the mold that our defensive ends are made of,and must try and live up to as best they can.We have a great past with the linebacker position,and with Rusty and Jason having some good reps,I hope the group will be very strong.On offense,I hope Roop has an allstate year,and we don't have to wait another year.Roll Tribe

Last years seniors were the group that I thought had the best chance in a while.With Maryville coming in and all the good teams in 6A,I don't know how far the Empire will extend,I'd love to see it go to the Mississippi.I just hope we can get better as this year goes along and make some good things happen by the time this year is over.Our line has a chance to be very good this year.Patrick and Cory on the right side and Cody and Mat on the left side looks pretty good.I think we need to get Leeper in the mix some way.Joe {9} and {Mat P who has not gotten out yet} are very good over all athletes that can help this team at the skill positions.I've seen a lot of these kids in other sports as well as football for years and know what good athletes they are.I remember Chris running the bases when he and my son where a few years younger in the city league.Man,he could get around the diamond. My 2ed favorite player last year {Will Bateman} ran over the city league as a running back and linebacker.Will is the mold that are defensive ends are made of,and must try and live up to as best they can.We have a great past with the linebacker position,and with Rusty and Jason having some good reps,I hope the group will be very strong.On offense,I hope Roop has an allstate year,and we don't have to wait another year.Roll Tribe

I did not mean it as we will have to wait another year to go some where. What i meant is We lost so many starting seniors last year it takes alot of the experience off the ball from the start, on both sides. You know as well as I do second string did not get much playing time at all in the past unless their was an injury. So the experience upfront is what we will be lacking some this year. I'm not saying we won't do well because I do. I think we will be ready to go come August. This will be a young team and that leads to the other point, Some of the young ones should get some exposure this year to the varsity level early and with the records they carry in their's not doubt they will be dominate. I guess next year is next year we will worry with that then. I was just trying to give some positive chatter to the younger players that will have to step up. All In all I thinks we will be ready come August.