Catholic & CAK

Keen

Ok, so after watching the last Catholic v. CAK game, my opinion is that Catholic will emerge victorious again in todays game, and probably with a even higher point differential than last time.

Many could argue that since Catholic lost to West and that if CAK plays their A game that there is no way that Catholic will win again... and that is a solid point. But I know the Catholic soccer team very well, and the one thing I know for sure is that if they have the motivation and spirit to win, they can beat almost anyone.

When Catholic played West, the resulting score was the product of 0 motivation or spirit in the game. So what I think, and knowing the magnanimity of the Catholic v. CAK rivalry, their motivation and spirit will be boosted exponentially and the boys will be ready to put up a fight just as strongly as ever.

So basically, I just want to see what other people have to say about this game.

My prediction is: Catholic 2 - CAK 0

Also, what does everyone think the chances are that both of these teams will be returning to the State Finals?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So worth the price of admission for the fans!!!

OK, so it wasn't the most beautiful brand of soccer I've seen from these two teams, but it was an emotionally charged game for all 110 mins and PK's. No team deserved to lose this one. So much heart to play that long, with few subs playing for either team. I know Catholic was missing Tyler and CAK was missing Ben Holt. But the players on the pitch tonight brought it hard. I thought there were many swings in momentum with each team controlling play for 5 - 10 min patches throughout regulation. I thought Catholic had one coming early in the second half, but chances were missed or the final pass wasn't created, which may be the best statement for this match. Decent soccer in middle 3rd but neither did a great job in attacking 3rd of opponent. Doug Liedle scored for CAK with 17 and some change remaining on a hustle goal following a poor clearance. Catholic picked up the pace in the attack and found the equalizer with what I estimate was less than a minute. Not sure of the player. Sorry, but he hit a shot from outside the 18 that the keeper had some trouble with and tied up the score. The overtimes seemed to go so much faster as a fan than as a coach involved, and we were at PK's in a blink it seemed. Sorry for any inaccuracies on PK's, i'm sure someone will correct any mistake, but this is how I recalled them:

Both teams convert first

CAK converts 2nd

Catholic fails 2nd

Both convert 3rd

CAK fails 4th

Catholic Converts 4th

CAK Converts 5th and wins 4-2

Great game by both teams, I know we will see one of you next tuesday. Kind of picking your poison at this point, both bring an amazing challenge. Hope everyone came out healthy, Hit the gatorade boys!