Farragut vs. Oak Ridge

OldSoccerFan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venue was at the Middle School field. Back and forth play as each team trying to push through the back lines, neither really putting ball on frame. Farragut play reminded me a little of the last Bearden game 1st half, trying to establish a possession game but it looked like they abandoned to kick and run. To Farragut??™s credit, it seemed like they did limit that style of play as they got into more of a groove as the half progressed. 0-0 half.

2nd half was pretty much all Farragut, where they really started working the ball around, creating open space, hitting the open man. Scoring started with a Carlos cannon where Ryan Wilson caught ball, but it popped through hands bouncing into goal. Grieco contributed the 2nd as he juked to his left and opposite post shot beating Ryan upper right. Carlos knocked his 2nd of game for 3-0 when Stinton drove down left side and powered a shot to Wilson??™s left, blocking ball to Carlos who was in right place at right time.

Oakridge did not give up, pressuring with a few set pieces. One interesting direct kick play from mid-field; ball on frame, sun in Matlock??™s eyes, was challenged as he jumped for the grab, ball loose in box, but Steve able to recover, threat over. Relatively clean game, I believe only two cards; one for each side. First game ended up 1-1 on a cold rainy night and both teams are much improved from that game. We??™re about half way through the tourney, and it looks like Farragut is clicking on all cylinders, or at the very least, they are able to make adjustments from half to half (sign of a good and disciplined team).

Bearden 4 West 3 Final.

FvB III on Thursday (sound familiar /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ).

wow...... sorry but this game to me was sloppy in the second half (got there at half). i have decided that the bad first touch is just high school all together and half of the passes were either sloppy or ball was just played to be played. really disappointed to watch this game and really saw no high points of the game except farragut's second goal ( i do have to admit that was beautifl). Nethier team really possessed in the second half and seemed to be very direct oriented, TOO MUCH FORCING PLAY!!!!! really sad to see these programs play like this to me. i do have to say that i was blown away with some of the passes that were attempted and the first touch.....

wow...... sorry but this game to me was sloppy in the second half (got there at half). i have decided that the bad first touch is just high school all together and half of the passes were either sloppy or ball was just played to be played. really disappointed to watch this game and really saw no high points of the game except farragut's second goal ( i do have to admit that was beautifl). Nethier team really possessed in the second half and seemed to be very direct oriented, TOO MUCH FORCING PLAY!!!!! really sad to see these programs play like this to me. i do have to say that i was blown away with some of the passes that were attempted and the first touch.....

I can't disagree with your comments, but I do know that Wally pretty much cleared his bench throughout the 2nd half as scoring increased. Benefit of having a large squad; you do have bodies to spell the starters. Play may drop a level or two, but fresh legs, and hungry players seem to make a difference as they maintain a constant pressure. It wasn't pretty but, in my opinion, better than the first half.

I can't disagree with your comments, but I do know that Wally pretty much cleared his bench throughout the 2nd half as scoring increased. Benefit of having a large squad; you do have bodies to spell the starters. Play may drop a level or two, but fresh legs, and hungry players seem to make a difference as they maintain a constant pressure. It wasn't pretty but, in my opinion, better than the first half.

I'm glad i got to see the good half then /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i would have done the same thing in Wally's position. i do have to say that when Farragut did put together some passes they did it rather effective (not always pretty but if it's effective it doesn't matter). i think they could have cleaned it up ALOT but against most (maybe all, didn't see much high school soccer this season) they will get their fair share of goals.

oh and does farragut have magnets in the ball and only in one set of the nets? i talked to a parent and they said that they scored in bunches against bearden and after the two quick goals in the 2nd half that were back to back i wonder if Wally is turning on the magnet field for only 5 min to get the result..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

where did stud's post go?

Stud,

you want some crediableity? here you go.......

If I have just ONE first bad touch where i go to school (not a high school, try the next level), my coach is ready to pull me off the field. To force a pass is even worse. It doesn't matter how many passes or first touch that i make that are text book (ask psudo if i'm textbook or not), more then one error and coach is ready to pull you. 3/4 of the passes tonight would have been turnovers at the college level (or at least where i play at). You think i have a negative outlook? you should hear what our foriegn players say about high school. i am nice compared to them. actually i am just truthful and try (i imphesis try, but you might read what i say and TAKE it the wrong way which happens way to much) to stick to the facts. When you go on to play at the next level you will understand. I understand the players that play high school level (i didn't play at a strong high school program and played with mostly AYSO players), but i tell you this..... ALOT of people told me that i stand out (even playing a top club team) in areas such as ball control and passing and tempo of the game. I can garentee you this if i wasn't so under average in the athletic department (speed, strength, size), the sky would be the limit for me. And because i was challanged with this lack at athletic gift i was told that i would never play at the next level. i was a joke for even thinking i could play at the college level. "you're not tall enough" "you're not fast enough" "you're too small" "you'll never play varsity soccer at the college level" was written all over these boards. Because i was such a skilled player and had high soccer IQ i survive (trust me it's hard). I traveled the hardest road to make it to where i am to. i was not offered anything out of high school and have worked my way onto a very talented varsity squad where i do play and might even get to start this next year. Is that crediable enough to you?

Oh and i didn't have to bad of a high school career maybe i can save that for another day. unless psudo can enlighten how i played in high school. i kinda would love to hear that from someone else

Craig is it? If so Gratz on the NAIA im sure you showed yourself very well to make it to the NAIA level. Once again grats man

Big L...I don't know who you think ucsoccer is....but his name isn't Craig. I do know who UCSOCCER is though and I can tell you that most of what he said is correct. He did not play at a successful high-school- which was a shame. Had he played at a Bearden, Farragut, OR, CAK, Catholic, etc -he would have made them that much better. He was right, he did not have the best speed, was not very strong and is small. What he did have (and still does) was amazing touch, great vision and soccer intelligence (even if he can't spell!) along with a very good attitude. So for him to make it at a school that finished ranked 13th in the nation last year is quite the accomplishment! I think the remarks above are meant to belittle the "NAIA level". I don't know what this is supposed to mean but perhaps you should look at the results of what happens when these NAIA schools ( high ranked ones) plays a division 1 (D1) school-also high-ranked ones! Better yet, go and watch when UC plays another quality team- like Lindsey Wilson and then decide for yourself. What you will see is two teams that play very, very good soccer. They will possess the ball, show patience, rarely make a bad or forceful pass. They play at a speed rarely seen anywhere else and the physical contact is almost hard to believe! You would get a chance to see UCSOCCER play a game- then you can have something to post about.....

By the way Big L- what are your soccer credentials? Are you paying at a D1 level? D2, NAIA.....enlighten me with your vast knowledge! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

psudo,

the comment that my last remark was in reference to was deleted off the boards... it wasn't bigL it was soccerstud. i guess bigL just saw my name and thought i was craig. soccerstud ask me why i bashed high school play (i am still wondering why people think i am "bashing" high school) and asked if i had the credentials to bash high school. BigL had not made any comments untill asking if i was craig. Looking back though maybe bigL is trying to say something about a NAIA school that controlled a final four D-II team (NKU) and took UK (top 20 D-I) the distance loosing only in the final min 3-2 in the most exciting game i've probolly ever been a part of.... NAIA is speacil. you have any style team and quality that ranges from really bad to excellent soccer. just depends on the program.

BigL

as psudo said i am not craig.... i did play high school and club ball in knoxville. If that was a crack at NAIA then all i can say is i would watch what i say about the college level before i really experence it. ask akula if there is any quality in NAIA (akula did you ever get to play against the union teams when neto played there?). I know i'm not the only one at an NAIA. Ask the kids that signed at King. Didn't Mitchal Thomas (Mr. Tennesse 2004) go there? don't tell me that players didn't work hard just to go play crapy college ball. if you really watched two quality naia teams you will see quality players and well established play.

Uc,

You are "playing" college soccer, and still posting about high school soccer. ( taking the time to speak how bad it is)

As for you competing at such a high level of club....we it made me smile /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Enough of OR and Farragut!

Lets keep the Bearden vs. Farragut III going!

Good luck to every team still in the hunt!

really stud? really? i "play" college soccer how? last time i checked i was on a college team. my club team my senior year was 2nd in the state and played in some quality tournaments. there was a reason your past post got deleted. you take shots without backing up your smacktalk. i can take criticism but not without reasoning.....

as for me bashing high school...... don't misread contructive criticism for "bashing". i give credit. plus i post because i enjoy the high school game. i love soccer period and everything about it.