Region 3 Forfit or what?

RiverCityRage

I understand some of the feeling going around Grace due to the lose of one of their students, but with the weather and time line of Region then Sub-State. On Monday Night A team shows (Lookout Valley) , Umpires ,Fans for both teams & News media. It was in the newspaper that we played Monday night. BUT the other team doesn't show. Someone tell me why TSSAA over ruled the Forfit ?, heck they tryed to get Silverdale take their place in Region. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand some of the feeling going around Grace due to the lose of one of their students, but with the weather and time line of Region then Sub-State. On Monday Night A team shows (Lookout Valley) , Umpires ,Fans for both teams & News media. It was in the newspaper that we played Monday night. BUT the other team doesn't show. Someone tell me why TSSAA over ruled the Forfit ?, heck they tryed to get Silverdale take their place in Region. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Can't you show just a little respect and class?

Grace is dealing with way more important things then baseball. LV its not all about baseball. Praying for everyone that was close to the Gill family. Keep them in your prayers!

Well thats all fine and good. Our prayers our wth that family and Grace as well... But if there are more important things then baseball, then FORFIT the game, and do those more important things. Or at least let someone know you plan not just to show up, and reschedule. That is very unprofesional.

I agree! Wow, LV is more concerned about their pitching rotation than a young man's life. That is so sad. We are praying for you Grace and the Gill and Burke families.

I sincerely doubt LV has anything to do with it....just this poster...It would be nice if this were deleted as it is so sadly thoughtless....

Well thats all fine and good. Our prayers our wth that family and Grace as well... But if there are more important things then baseball, then FORFIT the game, and do those more important things. Or at least let someone know you plan not just to show up, and reschedule. That is very unprofesional.

You could stand a few spelling lessons also (Forfeit)...I am surprised there is more than one heartless @#$#@#$ on here.

You could stand a few spelling lessons also (Forfeit)...I am surprised there is more than one heartless @#$#@#$ on here.

They didn't not show with intentions of forfeiting...they believed the game was changed to Tuesday and that both parties agreed in respects to allowing the team to be there during the viewing as well as participating in the region tournament. Grace has the upmost respect for LV and their program and I'm very positive that this was not done to hurt LV. Hopefully this can be put behind so that not only everyone from Grace can move on but that also Grace and LV and continue their relationship. Good luck tomorrow and if LV ends up on the better end of tomorrow's game then I will be rooting for you as you move on. GOOD LUCK GRACE!

They didn't not show with intentions of forfeiting...they believed the game was changed to Tuesday and that both parties agreed in respects to allowing the team to be there during the viewing as well as participating in the region tournament. Grace has the upmost respect for LV and their program and I'm very positive that this was not done to hurt LV. Hopefully this can be put behind so that not only everyone from Grace can move on but that also Grace and LV and continue their relationship. Good luck tomorrow and if LV ends up on the better end of tomorrow's game then I will be rooting for you as you move on. GOOD LUCK GRACE!

Well stated. Thank you for showing class. Good luck to both teams.

P.S. Hug your children and show each other some love tomorrow. It may be the last time. God Bless.

I don't think the poster meant anything by this thread. Everyone sympathizes with the tragedy going on at Grace. I have talked to a few people who were there tonight and it appears that the folks at Lookout Valley were expecting to play a game and when game time came, Grace wasn??™t there. The umpires were there, the news media was there, and Grace had some fans there.

It appears that there was a lack of communication.