Cloudland vs. Cherokee

67CamaroGirl

I would like to know what everyones thoughts are on the upcoming game. I haven't heard a lot about Cherokee this year. I believe that we will be a little more prepared for their passing game than we were last year.

This is what Doug Fritz from the Johnson City Press had to say for those of you that didn't catch his column this morning.

"Highlanders vs. Chiefs - If this game was in Roan Mountain, Cloudland might even be favored. But are the Highlanders really good enough to take down a quality Class 4A opponent on the road?"

Go Landers!

Posted by 67CamaroGirl:

I would like to know what everyones thoughts are on the upcoming game. I haven't heard a lot about Cherokee this year. I believe that we will be a little more prepared for their passing game than we were last year.

This is what Doug Fritz from the Johnson City Press had to say for those of you that didn't catch his column this morning.

"Highlanders vs. Chiefs - If this game was in Roan Mountain, Cloudland might even be favored. But are the Highlanders really good enough to take down a quality Class 4A opponent on the road?"

Go Landers!

How goes MArk Byrd so goes Cloudland. If he has a good game you will win.

Dont know about this one, Cherokee should be a big challenge for the highlanders,they almost pulled it off last year. I think cloudland will have a little better passing game going into this years game,but who needs passing when you have mark byrd as QB if mark gets some running room cherokee better look out,GOOD LUCK TO THE HIGHLANDERS this year and try not let that number 1 ranking go to your heads i want to make that trip to murfreesboro again this year (GO LANDERS)

Guest cutnoslack

Cloudland has too much team speed for Cherokee. Highlanders win by 2 TD's. I loved the article about Cloudland in Double Play Sports about Rejoicing on the Roan. They really had good things to say about our football team.

what you say is true sports writer i didnt mean to leave out the rest of the team it will take a good effort on everyones part to beat cherokee,hope to see the line making some big holes for the killer bees to run through too.i noticed last week dakota was playing with a cast on his arm a friend of mine said he might have fractured in the sullivan east game it have you heard anything?

Even though Cherokee is 4A I still don't believe that they will be able to challenge Cloudland. They had a lot of team speed last year and that is what gave Cloudland trouble. They don't have that kind of explosiveness this year. You have to be able to outscore the 'Landers and I don't believe that Cherokee is capable of that.