college football on friday night.

tellicobearfan

Posted by coachk98:

I dont understand why football coaches get mad...Look at the other sports like basketball...It has been going head to head with collages for a long time....I think that if the coaches make the quality of play good enough,people will go to the high school games..If not,they will lose fans as people stay home and watch ESPN...JMHO...

[Edited by coachk98 on 9-12-02 11:58A]

[Edited by coachk98 on 9-12-02 11:59A]

Hate to disagree with you on this, but coaches and Athletic Directors have a right to get mad. How many schools athletic programs as a whole are assisted through profits from football games? At some schools, the football teams carry much of the burden.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to disagree with you on this, but coaches and Athletic Directors have a right to get mad. How many schools athletic programs as a whole are assisted through profits from football games? At some schools, the football teams carry much of the burden.

Yes I understand that some football teams pay the way (not here). My point is if the teams are good as some people have stated ,they will go to the high school games...Futhermore,some schools are carried by basketball (dont even have football). I know it is hard to believe LOL...Again they (basketball) have to go head to head with collage games on TV...What the point is,I dont see much change as long as the teams are fun to watch...And Coaches shouldnt get mad---just work hard to have a good team...

[Edited by coachk98 on 9-13-02 10:19A]

I guess you are right, but I would venture to guess more schools make most of their money off football than basketball. I have actually had much more experience on the basketball side than the football side of the fence and that's just an opinion. If your school and others make most of their money off basketball, then no, they shouldn't compete either, but basketball is such a larger season (as far as number of games) and I think scheduling conflicts would impossible to overcome. Whereas football is played once a week, the money-hungry television networks could hold Friday nights sacred.

Posted by coachk98:

I dont understand why football coaches get mad...Look at the other sports like basketball...It has been going head to head with collages for a long time....I think that if the coaches make the quality of play good enough,people will go to the high school games..If not,they will lose fans as people stay home and watch ESPN...JMHO...

[Edited by coachk98 on 9-12-02 11:58A]

[Edited by coachk98 on 9-12-02 11:59A]

football is different. there is somthing about it that brings an entire community to the football field and since there are fewer football games, we need to not take one for granted. i think all will agree that high school football is cherished much more than any other high school sport, at least in this area.