DII State Tournament

shakinthefat

Final Four teams for tournament this week.

Brentwood Academy #1 seed Middle/East

St. Benedict # 1 seed West

Christian Brothers #2 seed West

McCallie #2 seed Middle/East

I am a CBHS alum, so I am slightly biased. I'll pick and root for them against anyone. I will say that Benedict is probably flying under the radar even though they stunned CBHS and beat them twice for the #1 seed from the West. They are very talented and very well coached. Not to be taken lightly. I know nothing about McCallie or BA for this year so I can't really say how CBHS or SBA will measure up to them, just know that both the West teams are quality teams, as I am sure BA and McCallie are going to be.

I have only seen Brentwood Academy, so I will contribute my take on them. I think they are better than last year. We played them four times. It actually seems like most of them are back from last year. They have an extremely tough batting order and really hit the ball with a lot of confidence. It seems like most of their line up is left handed. Very strong in the middle. Outfield seems to be more offensively minded than defensively. The catcher is as good as I have seen. I am surprised he is not a pitcher. They have a pretty good pitcher or two. However, in most games against a great team they are going to have to scores some runs. Bullpen seems to be pretty young and I would not consider it a strength.