Devrin Young

sox4life

This young man is going to be a very, VERY good player....but i think he might be a little over-rated. I do think that he can play at a BCS school, but IMO he is not an All-American. Whats everyone's opinion?

Somebody has to be voted I guess. I'm sure he has family that will keep his feet on the ground.I told one of my boys one time that while something he had done was a one in a million,that means that a few thousand people could still have done it.I'm sure there are a lot of kids that could have made the all American team,but I'm glad a Tennessee boy got picked.

This young man is going to be a very, VERY good player....but i think he might be a little over-rated. I do think that he can play at a BCS school, but IMO he is not an All-American. Whats everyone's opinion?

I think as a Tennessean people should be happy that the state is finally getting recognition. Overrated, well the number speak for themself. and the accolades...who else do you think deserves it. Other than Jabriel Washington...what other soph in the state can say they have accolades are numbers like this?

Knoxville QB Club Player of Week (Week Zero)

Prep Extra Player of Week (Week Five)

Prep Extra Player of Week (Week Nine)

Knoxville QB Club Player of Week (Week Nine)

2nd Team All American High School Track (US Mile Split)

1st Team All Region 1-5A RB (2008-2009)

1st Team All Region 1-5A CB (2008-2009)

Tennessee Football Coaches Association All State (5A) (2008-2009)

Tennesseee Sports Writer's Association All State (5A) (2008-2009)

Prep Extra Sophomore Of The Year (2008-2009)

unapproved website Sophomore All American Team 2nd Team (2008-2009)

1st Team All KIL RB (2008-2009)

1st Team All Prep Extra RB (2008-2009)

Team MVP 2008-2009

Team Offensive MVP 2008-2009

Team Top Defensive Back 2008-2009

Rushing 205 carries 1372 yards 17 tds Long:81

Passing 1-4 29 yards

Receiving 7 catches 186 yards 1td Long:73

Punt returns 7 162 yards 1 td Long: 82

Kickoff returns 5 253 yards 1 td Long:95

2002 all-purpose yards through 11 varsity games 21 tds

Defense

21 tackles 10PBU 3 INT's 4FF 3 Fumble Recoveries

I don't get all giddy over stats cuz there are some very average players who put up big numbers. I will say this, last summer when I met the young man i figured he'd get his helmet handed to him by week 5. It wasn't that i was hating on a kid, but i thought he wasn't ready as a soph. to produce the way he did. I was impressed at how he performed in big games against stiff competition. The kid has serious talent and he plays in the highest classification in the state. The kid started on offense, defense, and special teams as a soph. If he grows to be a legit 5'9/160, he'll go anywhere he wants to...speed kills.

I think as a Tennessean people should be happy that the state is finally getting recognition. Overrated, well the number speak for themself. and the accolades...who else do you think deserves it. Other than Jabriel Washington...what other soph in the state can say they have accolades are numbers like this?

Knoxville QB Club Player of Week (Week Zero)

Prep Extra Player of Week (Week Five)

Prep Extra Player of Week (Week Nine)

Knoxville QB Club Player of Week (Week Nine)

2nd Team All American High School Track (US Mile Split)

1st Team All Region 1-5A RB (2008-2009)

1st Team All Region 1-5A CB (2008-2009)

Tennessee Football Coaches Association All State (5A) (2008-2009)

Tennesseee Sports Writer's Association All State (5A) (2008-2009)

Prep Extra Sophomore Of The Year (2008-2009)

unapproved website Sophomore All American Team 2nd Team (2008-2009)

1st Team All KIL RB (2008-2009)

1st Team All Prep Extra RB (2008-2009)

Team MVP 2008-2009

Team Offensive MVP 2008-2009

Team Top Defensive Back 2008-2009

Rushing 205 carries 1372 yards 17 tds Long:81

Passing 1-4 29 yards

Receiving 7 catches 186 yards 1td Long:73

Punt returns 7 162 yards 1 td Long: 82

Kickoff returns 5 253 yards 1 td Long:95

2002 all-purpose yards through 11 varsity games 21 tds

Defense

21 tackles 10PBU 3 INT's 4FF 3 Fumble Recoveries

Having watched D. Young last year when DB played at Bearden , their is no doubt he is fast but i don't know if he is big enough to play D1. That's a big jump from High School. But man he is fast. I believe he returned the opening kickoff back for a TD and had 1 long TD run but he was out of gas before halftime because he played both ways. I wish him the best, he's still got a long time before the jump. I think our runningback Chris Sensabaugh has the size,determination and true desire to play in Knoxville if they give him the chance. He might be better served playing linebacker. Man he's a beast on defense. Some say he might play defensive back this year. Hope all the receivers have their head on a swivel. He's a head hunter. Good luck to you guys at Bearden this year. Roll Tribe.....

Having watched D. Young last year when DB played at Bearden , their is no doubt he is fast but i don't know if he is big enough to play D1. That's a big jump from High School. But man he is fast. I believe he returned the opening kickoff back for a TD and had 1 long TD run but he was out of gas before halftime because he played both ways. I wish him the best, he's still got a long time before the jump. I think our runningback Chris Sensabaugh has the size,determination and true desire to play in Knoxville if they give him the chance. He might be better served playing linebacker. Man he's a beast on defense. Some say he might play defensive back this year. Hope all the receivers have their head on a swivel. He's a head hunter. Good luck to you guys at Bearden this year. Roll Tribe.....

Young has some time to grow,but his speed alone would make someone give him a good look.

I say turn Chris loose on defense.I don't see a difference in playing Derrick both ways.Playing him at linebacker would be the ticket up front.That would give us 5 guys with some speed and a big nose.Raise enough trouble at the line and that would help the defensive backfield as well.