2009 State Cup Girls Results

Very sad isn't it? However, it was very, very true. And yes, the biggest dis-service is to the players who worked hard for the accomplishment and the opportunity to play premier league and get that important exposure. You would think that they would want to highlight skills of TN teams by sending applications in for all three competitive teams (if the case warranted)...the champion, the finalist, and any premier league team in the running. Mississippi did send in three teams in an at least one age group, and all three teams were accepted and played premier league. However, for some political reason, the state of TN decided to only send two applications in for each age group.

Thanks for your support!

Should we not be voiceing our complants to Tennessee Soccer? I thought we were members and they were suppose to work for us. I personally hate the way the have diminished the state tournaments. No open tournaments, the reduction of games, and now the combination of the division 1 and division 2 tournaments. Select is not one of their priorities, we do not bring in as much money as rec and don't even get me started about ODP. Maybe if the State realizes that people are upset and that "they are not going to take anymore" there would be a change. What are we so scared of?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not this season, but last season, Tennessee did have 3 teams in the 91 girls R3-Central league. Arkansas is in this league, but sent no one, and TN applied for three teams, Stones River, Brentwood (may be some other Nashville team), and Express. All three teams were accepted in the the Premier League, and played in it that season. Why Tennessee didn't submit 3 teams to play in the RPL this past season is beyond me as in the U18G, Mississippii had no one, and neither did Arkansas.

As far as State goes, the only team that advances to represent the state is the State Champion, which this year in U18G was Stones River. Express did not advance to regionals due to the play at State. Express qualified for regionals by being the highest ranked team based on Regional play that did not also win their State. The Alabama State champion officially won RPL, but since they also won the Alabama State Championship, they advance to Regionals that way. Same for Stones River, that came in second in RPL, but won Tennessee and advanced that way. That left the third place RPL team, Express, to go as the RPL representative. If this wasn't the last year, Stones River would qualify for RPL, and the Lobos should be the 2nd team to qualify for next year.

Hey Don, I think we all understand the "WHY?" (even me now). The discussion is the WHY a team that might could hold it's own with Stones River never got a chance and it's TSSA, not the parents, as i see it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Play hard for us in Dallas. good Luck.