Bowling Transfer?

slimsdaddy

etownsparky; I suppose you think your opinion is un-biased then? Typical Elizabethton attitude....So you don't think anyone is ENTITLED to anything? If so, then Cara Bowling isn't entitled to a starting spot on the Cyclones roster correct? And you really think Dale would've agreed to that? You know as well as I, NO WAY. She was guaranteed a spot or she would have never transferred. Her transfer has nothing to do with academics; it's all about basketball. And to think that Dugger had nothing to do with it is just a little too naieve. I'm sure he and Dale discussed it at length. And I agree with whoever said somone from those returning starters (they have several as you pointed out) is going to get to sit the bench; and it's not fair, especially since the coach and daddy have it all worked out. Not fair is one thing, working hard to earn a spot is one thing, but waltzing in and taking it because Dugger and Dale schemed it is another. She's a good player, Dugger is a good coach, they will get a lot of wins, but I don't see how you can feel too good about it at the end of the day. Dugger recruits, whether through AAU or calling girls at home, and that's just wrong. Dale didn't move to Elizabethton (if he did) for any other reason than Cara and basketball and Dugger gave him them the green light.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI... Bowling has played in a number of games at camp and she has only started one game, and it was due to injuries to a couple returning players. In fact, she has been the last player used off the bench. I would not expect that to continue, but she has not been given anything. And yes, I know for a fact the Bowlings have relocated to Elizabethton.

etownsparky; I suppose you think your opinion is un-biased then? Typical Elizabethton attitude....So you don't think anyone is ENTITLED to anything? If so, then Cara Bowling isn't entitled to a starting spot on the Cyclones roster correct? And you really think Dale would've agreed to that? You know as well as I, NO WAY. She was guaranteed a spot or she would have never transferred. Her transfer has nothing to do with academics; it's all about basketball. And to think that Dugger had nothing to do with it is just a little too naieve. I'm sure he and Dale discussed it at length. And I agree with whoever said somone from those returning starters (they have several as you pointed out) is going to get to sit the bench; and it's not fair, especially since the coach and daddy have it all worked out. Not fair is one thing, working hard to earn a spot is one thing, but waltzing in and taking it because Dugger and Dale schemed it is another. She's a good player, Dugger is a good coach, they will get a lot of wins, but I don't see how you can feel too good about it at the end of the day. Dugger recruits, whether through AAU or calling girls at home, and that's just wrong. Dale didn't move to Elizabethton (if he did) for any other reason than Cara and basketball and Dugger gave him them the green light.

Baller, I'm quite sure my opinion is biased as are most folks. I don't have an issue with bias. My issue is mainly with all the innuendo, accusations and name-calling that some folks engage in on this forum. One can be biased and still offer a reasonable opinion on a topic without all that. I am a lot of things, but naive is not one of them. I personally don't know who all played a part in the decision for Cara to transfer. But I'm guessing she's pretty excited about it and I'd bet most, if not all, of her new teammates at EHS are too. I don't know any of the HV coaches personally, but I'm sure they're are good folks. However, I have watched that team play for the last 2 years and I can tell you that they are not getting the most out of the talent they have. Did you ever stop to think that may have been the most significant factor in the Bowling's decision to transfer? That's not just an Elizabethton opinion or attitude either. I have friends and aquaintences from HV that share that opinion. So all you EHS haters might want to focus your efforts on improving your own programs rather than continuing to spout all this conspiracy theory about brokered deals and illegal recruiting. If you're so sure about these charges of misconduct, then why not offer proof to the TSSAA? You did get one thing right though. I'm not a big fan of entitlement. Everybody is entitled to something these days. I don't buy this business about some kind of deal being brokered for a starting position either. Why would that even be necessary? Cara is good enough to start on ANY team in East TN. As for playing time, I suspect that will work itself out. There were going to be new roles for most of the returning starters next season anyways. The Lady Cyclones will likely play more up tempo than in years past. If that's the case, there will be a lot of minutes available for non-starters. Even with Bowling there are only 9 players that I see contributing on the varsity next year unless something materializes that I haven't seen. I am looking forward to a great season next year with hopefully a lot of wins. With or without Cara, next year's team has the potential to be special. It will take hard work, dedication and the good fortune to avoid injuries. No matter how next season turns out; I will feel good about the fact the we have an excellent coach, great kids, supportive parents and quality school system. Go Cyclones!

coachh17: totally agree on HV not getting the most out of the talent they have...

Oops! Good catch, I kinda glossed over that part. The Warriors are always competetive and have beaten the Lady Cyclones a few times in the past few years, including last year. They have had some good players and teams, though their post season success pales in comparison to Elizabethton's in the last ten years. South Greene, Unicoi Co., and Elizabethton have ruled the Region 1 roost for a decade. Maybe Cara thinks she has a better chance to head on down the road with the Lady Cyclones.

Oops! Good catch, I kinda glossed over that part. The Warriors are always competetive and have beaten the Lady Cyclones a few times in the past few years, including last year. They have had some good players and teams, though their post season success pales in comparison to Elizabethton's in the last ten years. South Greene, Unicoi Co., and Elizabethton have ruled the Region 1 roost for a decade. Maybe Cara thinks she has a better chance to head on down the road with the Lady Cyclones.

I don't understand why everyone is getting so upset. There have been so many players across the state that have transferred to make them a better player or to give them more options when it comes to the next level. Cara I wish you the best and I am sure you will make the Lady Cyclones a better team. I hate it for us (South Greene) it will make the Lady Cyclones a much tougher opponent. God Bless and Good Luck!

I don't understand why everyone is getting so upset. There have been so many players across the state that have transferred to make them a better player or to give them more options when it comes to the next level. Cara I wish you the best and I am sure you will make the Lady Cyclones a better team. I hate it for us (South Greene) it will make the Lady Cyclones a much tougher opponent. God Bless and Good Luck!

Finally, someone with the ability to reason. God1st, I appreciate the rational input. I'm guessing we may meet next season at some point.

Players transferring has always been and probably will continue to be a part of high school athletics. Like it or not, that's a fact. I don't know much about the team, but I believe that last year's 1A state champion, Clarkrange, had transfers (or at least 1 that contributed significantly) and recently got another one for next year. People want to be part of a winning team. It's not always just about the winning...but the winning brings exposure. Exposure is what athletes want if they strive to play at the collegiate level. Sometimes it is about playing for a coach. Specifically, I mean playing for a coach that can prepare a player for the next level. Not every coach has the skill set necessary to pull that off. Coach Dugger has proven time and time again that he has what it takes. Mariah Pietrowski signed a D1 scholarship from EHS last year. IMO that would not have happened if not for Coach Dugger. Don't misunderstand, Mariah was a special talent and it was obvious from her sophomore year that she would get a basketball scholarship barring a major injury. However, the likelihood that would be a D1 scholarship was not that great. I'm guessing that Mariah would tell you the same thing. I'm pretty sure that Cara has similar aspirations. I'll bet she's hoping he can help her achieve the same goal. Anyways, please let sleeping dogs lie and give the Bowlings and Coach Dugger a break. Just my 2 cents... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

For what its worth, I heard it said that the only reason Cara went to Etown was because her brother is a standout on the Baseball diamond and he wanted a better opportunity so she just tagged along. Sounds legit to me. According to the Unaka thread Len is recruiting the wrong part of the county, He could have a field day on the creek. They say they have a few all americans up there who quit. I don't know Sounds legit to me. Maybe he ought to consult Etownsparky. Hey Idon't know!!!!!!!

For what its worth, I heard it said that the only reason Cara went to Etown was because her brother is a standout on the Baseball diamond and he wanted a better opportunity so she just tagged along. Sounds legit to me. According to the Unaka thread Len is recruiting the wrong part of the county, He could have a field day on the creek. They say they have a few all americans up there who quit. I don't know Sounds legit to me. Maybe he ought to consult Etownsparky. Hey Idon't know!!!!!!!

No comment on the Unaka situation! They have enough issues to deal with at the moment. I will say they had some quality players that quit. Sounds legit. Hey, I don't know... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Brother quit HV to go to EHS to play baseball? Say what?

EHS's baseball program peaked the last year Payne was there. Now they have Trix or Nix as coach.

Havent made the regional in years. And HV has. And Dale's boy transferred to play for Kix? And Kari just tagged along???

Gimmme a friggin break people. Thats not believable.

Tell us a Western............

I would guess that if Dugger is not recruiting them, then they are not all americans.