team camps

joestewart

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... until they get to murfreesboro where they have gotten waxed the last 2 years. dont see them being anywhere near as good without dunn, so IF they make it to the boro look for another quick and ugly exit

I have to agree with you on that one BB. Livingston was going to be hard to beat the last 2 years and have got blown out of there 2 state tournament games. Until you win at least a game in the tourny you don't have alot of room to brag.

I have to agree with you on that one BB. Livingston was going to be hard to beat the last 2 years and have got blown out of there 2 state tournament games. Until you win at least a game in the tourny you don't have alot of room to brag.

Not sure why you have to take such a stab, but you do make a good point. Bolivar led by 5 with 4 minutes to go and LA kinda collapsed at the end. It was a 20 point win but the game was much closer. But the end IS what matters. Hard to beat??? Ask the team, Northeast, that ended Bearden's run how hard LA was to beat. You gotta play every game tho and LA's players just haven't shown up when they get to the boro. LA knows that. Imagine how hard they'll try to fix that.

But in the end you're right. LA has come up three games short of a gold ball the last two years. I wasn't bragging when I said that LA was gonna be hard to beat. That was based on the teams they've already beaten this summer. So it's not that insulting to LA fans for you to basically say 'Yeah but you got beat in the state tournament'. This team will not overlook anyone i'm sure and will work very hard to get back and win that first round. You never know how its gonna play out. Actually, LA has more to 'brag' about than, lets see, all but 7 other schools in AA for two years. True LA fans are proud of that.

Just out of curiosity though Pman, who is your team and how did they end up the last couple of years? If they played LA, how'd they do?

Not sure why you have to take such a stab, but you do make a good point. Bolivar led by 5 with 4 minutes to go and LA kinda collapsed at the end. It was a 20 point win but the game was much closer. But the end IS what matters. Hard to beat??? Ask the team, Northeast, that ended Bearden's run how hard LA was to beat. You gotta play every game tho and LA's players just haven't shown up when they get to the boro. LA knows that. Imagine how hard they'll try to fix that.

But in the end you're right. LA has come up three games short of a gold ball the last two years. I wasn't bragging when I said that LA was gonna be hard to beat. That was based on the teams they've already beaten this summer. So it's not that insulting to LA fans for you to basically say 'Yeah but you got beat in the state tournament'. This team will not overlook anyone i'm sure and will work very hard to get back and win that first round. You never know how its gonna play out. Actually, LA has more to 'brag' about than, lets see, all but 7 other schools in AA for two years. True LA fans are proud of that.

Just out of curiosity though Pman, who is your team and how did they end up the last couple of years? If they played LA, how'd they do?

YuckI guess my wording of the post wasn't good. My point was that Livingston was hard to beat the last 2 years with all the games they have won before tourny play. Making it to the state is real good But to me the true success is whether you win the gold ball although winning a game in the state tourny is actually pretty good.. I didn't know alot of Bolivar details accept the score so I didn't know what the score was with 4 minutes left. But I do know Fulton game was never close. Who have they beaten this summer?

YuckI guess my wording of the post wasn't good. My point was that Livingston was hard to beat the last 2 years with all the games they have won before tourny play. Making it to the state is real good But to me the true success is whether you win the gold ball although winning a game in the state tourny is actually pretty good.. I didn't know alot of Bolivar details accept the score so I didn't know what the score was with 4 minutes left. But I do know Fulton game was never close. Who have they beaten this summer?

I think we're in agreement. The Fulton game was never close. The Bolivar game was close until the last minute or two. No one is more aware of how big it would be to advance to the state semis than LA. Their disappointment, although they were so successful, was overwhelming.

This summer LA is 21-1. They've beaten Bradley Central, Walker Valley, Middleton, Adamsville, McNairy Central, Rhea County twice, Stone Memorial, White County, York, Northwest GA, Scotts Hill, Knox West, Ripley MS, Cumberland County, Red Bank, Polk County, and a couple more. I wasn't bragging on them, just saying that it looks like they're gonna be deep and hard to beat again. Lots of new guys stepping up and one of the biggest teams around at 6'8, 6'5, 6'4, 6'4, 6'3 and some really good shooters. However, they are really young with 3 seniors and 3 juniors and 10 sophomores and freshmen. Looks like some young guys will get some pt.

Beech is undefeated this summer, including a win over Siegel at Belmont. John Taylor had 41 against the Stars. They also beat Liberty Tech at Murray State.

I was at that game, Siegel had to play back to back games, and yes they beat Siegel but there is no way and I mean no way that guy had 41!!!!! Are you crazy!!! He might of had like 26 but come on 41???? Since then Siegel has nott lost a game, I heard they beat Henry Co today by 60 at Austin Peays camp!!

I was at that game, Siegel had to play back to back games, and yes they beat Siegel but there is no way and I mean no way that guy had 41!!!!! Are you crazy!!! He might of had like 26 but come on 41???? Since then Siegel has nott lost a game, I heard they beat Henry Co today by 60 at Austin Peays camp!!

I was not there, just repeating what I was told by more than one person who was there. Everyone plays lots of games at camp. If you're supposed to be one of the best teams in the state with a returning AAA Mr. Bb finalist, you should be able to beat a team that lost three starters from last year. I'm sure Siegel is a good team and will go far, but whether it was 41 or 26, the fact remains...he lit you up. Beech deserves to be mentioned in the conversation of best teams at camp this summer.