Blackman High School coaching opportunity

Hamm

Once again just curious to hear some names of TRUE wrestling coach's that could be interested/available that meet the requirements of being able to teach Math, Adv. English,or Biology.

If they have already hired the soccer coach as the guy, what is the point of the above exercise? Or is this not a done deal yet?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again just curious to hear some names of TRUE wrestling coach's that could be interested/available that meet the requirements of being able to teach Math, Adv. English,or Biology.

This is with all sincerity I say this... please don't read sarcasm into this post...

Tell us shootfirst, what are the qualifications of a "TRUE" wrestling coach. Like it or not, all schools have to hire a coach that can teach something. They can't just make up a subject to fill a coaching position. I know... I know... unless it's football. But that's just not Blackman, that's most schools in our mid state.

Have you sent in any names of potential candidates? What would that candidate need to come our way to Rutherford County. Also, would you be willing to help with the interview process. They actually may need someone to help guide them. My question would be, has anyone(parents) contacted the school about possibly helping. This is a very touchy subject, so being very congenial and politically schmoozing would help. Outrage will get parents no where in this scenario.

I heard about this thread

Blackman screwed up not getting Coach Gonyea

He was one of the best things that happened for our team in smyrna. He was an incredible coach

I got your back gonyea....

WHO WANTS IT MORE!!!!

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Ok Tennessee get ready, hot off the press. The main reason Coach Kennedy is having Pat Smith come do another camp is, he is going to interview for the head Coaching position at Blackman. This is from a very good inside source. I will not state who told me this. But if things go as planed, we will get all our questions answered by the end of July. My son wrestled for Blackman a couple years ago and my grandson will be there in 2 years. I AM SO EXCITED !!!!!!! GET READY TENNESSEE I AM !!!!! Talk about getting to the next level, there is not a level high enough for this. Well I think they call it a DYNASTY !!!!!!!!!

If this where true , Blackman would have the best coach in the whole state of TN including whoever ends up at UTC. To come see Coach Smith just come to their camp on July 9,10th,and 11th. Should be a great camp. I also know that spots are still available. Go to the Sharpshooters website for camp flier.

If this where true , Blackman would have the best coach in the whole state of TN including whoever ends up at UTC. To come see Coach Smith just come to their camp on July 9,10th,and 11th. Should be a great camp. I also know that spots are still available. Go to the Sharpshooters website for camp flier.

incorrect.

incorrect.

If you don't think he would be the top coach in the state then who. He would be the best coach in the southern U.S. hands down. I think it would be far to say, one of the best High School coaches in Nation. Wristbar you should not be drinking /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> so much and just read a little of what he has done.

I assume the drinking comment above opens the door.

well....good luck to Blackman if Pat Smith is looking to come to Middle Tennessee.

I think that everyone should get a second chance to prove themselves. I just wonder since this is not the second chance, but likely a third chance on the DUI thing, how the hiring authorities will sell this to the school board. Those kind of things throw monkey wrenches into the best laid plans.

I assume the drinking comment above opens the door.

well....good luck to Blackman if Pat Smith is looking to come to Middle Tennessee.

I think that everyone should get a second chance to prove themselves. I just wonder since this is not the second chance, but likely a third chance on the DUI thing, how the hiring authorities will sell this to the school board. Those kind of things throw monkey wrenches into the best laid plans.

Well that was kinda low, if the door belongs to you, please open it, if not don't bother coming in. And great things happen in three's you know God rose on the 3rd day. And Mr Smith is a wrestling God, I think we all can agree to that. Just be happy for us here, and by all means try to transfer your kids to Blackman. Thats if they could start. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />