Hixson coach resigns

wilson25

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was she "uninterested in improving the team?" They struggled this year but had just 1 pitcher, literally, who they could put out there and she needed a lot of work. They lost 200 students in a single year thanks to the decisions of the Board of Education over there. Give her the players at Soddy and GPS from Hixson the last few years and you'd have seen a lot more success (and it was pretty good anyway until this past year). Besides that, the given reason was a family medical situation. She won the state a while back, I doubt she just forgot how to coach.

How was she "uninterested in improving the team?" They struggled this year but had just 1 pitcher, literally, who they could put out there and she needed a lot of work. They lost 200 students in a single year thanks to the decisions of the Board of Education over there. Give her the players at Soddy and GPS from Hixson the last few years and you'd have seen a lot more success (and it was pretty good anyway until this past year). Besides that, the given reason was a family medical situation. She won the state a while back, I doubt she just forgot how to coach.

They've been struggling for years. She ran the program into the ground. They don't even go to the local tournaments (Soddy & Ooltewah). Tate was the reason that most of the players at Loftis went to Soddy.

2008 region champ, lost in sectional

2007 region champ, lost in sectional

2006, 27-4 record listed on here, losses to Riverdale and Soddy in tournaments, wins over Gibbs, GPS, Marshall County, upset in district tournament

2005 district runner-up to East Ridge (who had Tiffany Baker then), lost in region to state runner-up Walker Valley (who had a Class AAA enrollment by that time)

Yeah, they've been struggling for years. I don't see why they were even allowed to step onto the field.

Players have been ending up at Soddy-Daisy for a lot longer than since Tate retook the Hixson job.

Just out of curosity wilson, Do or did you have a daughter on the team? Or perhaps a daughter that was cut from the team?

Just wondering

No Hixson for me. We are at Ooltewah.

2006, 27-4 record listed on here, losses to Riverdale and Soddy in tournaments, wins over Gibbs, GPS, Marshall County, upset in district tournament

2005 district runner-up to East Ridge (who had Tiffany Baker then), lost in region to state runner-up Walker Valley (who had a Class AAA enrollment by that time)

Yeah, they've been struggling for years. I don't see why they were even allowed to step onto the field.

Players have been ending up at Soddy-Daisy for a lot longer than since Tate retook the Hixson job.

Doesn't look like much to brag about. What have they done lately?

Lost this............lost that.......lost this...........what have they WON? What was there record in 2009?

Bledsoe Co. beat them in the 2006 district tournament. Now there's a real powerhouse. That's the year that the Hixson faithful walked around town talking about the Wildcats being the "best team north of the river". That was until the Soddy tournament when Soddy run ruled 'em.

Do you really think they've been "struggling for years?" We know you believe there's no quality softball other than Hamilton County AAA/Division II-any other winners are just flukes (Riverdale), don't play anybody (any team who can't travel to Chattanooga tournaments) or got better by playing the four or five Hamilton schools mentioned (Goodpasture, who plays at Soddy Lake every year) but it's ridiculous to call a team with the record of Hixson the past few years (before 2009) a garbage program.

Bledsoe had a quality team the year you point out, they had a player sign with Notre Dame, others signed small and a pitcher likely would have if not for arm trouble. Of course that goes back to you thinking there's no quality ball outside your county. The summer teams over there certainly have enjoyed players from outside the county helping them win over the years. Go watch the 14-under Force this year if you disagree, one of their main batters only hit .600 in the 16-under state this past weekend and believe it or not doesn't play AAA or Division II in school ball.

I think you missed the point about "what have you done for me lately" with Ooltewah losing in the region. Would it be stupid to call Ooltewah a loser because they were beaten by WV, of course it would...