Hixson coach resigns

wilson25

Do you really think they've been "struggling for years?" We know you believe there's no quality softball other than Hamilton County AAA/Division II-any other winners are just flukes (Riverdale), don't play anybody (any team who can't travel to Chattanooga tournaments) or got better by playing the four or five Hamilton schools mentioned (Goodpasture, who plays at Soddy Lake every year) but it's ridiculous to call a team with the record of Hixson the past few years (before 2009) a garbage program.

Bledsoe had a quality team the year you point out, they had a player sign with Notre Dame, others signed small and a pitcher likely would have if not for arm trouble. Of course that goes back to you thinking there's no quality ball outside your county. The summer teams over there certainly have enjoyed players from outside the county helping them win over the years. Go watch the 14-under Force this year if you disagree, one of their main batters only hit .600 in the 16-under state this past weekend and believe it or not doesn't play AAA or Division II in school ball.

I think you missed the point about "what have you done for me lately" with Ooltewah losing in the region. Would it be stupid to call Ooltewah a loser because they were beaten by WV, of course it would...

Are these summer players you mention playing A or B ball? As far as summer ball goes I know a 12-U A team that could beat most of the teams that Hixson fattens up on in there district.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking A ball. Once again, you didn't know what you were talking about but just had to throw out a smart remark. There are other good players who've signed after playing B but I know you'd disregard them as second-class talents. I'm not talking just from the school here, but from the area outside Hamilton County where you come across as thinking no good ball can be found.

The district will be broken up for next year with realignment but this past season's group had 4 teams with at least one state title and 2 others that have made the state, out of 9 teams. East Ridge in particular has fallen hard but the district had at least 2 this year who would have finished no worse than 3rd in 6-AAA. There's only 1 team that has been consistently non-competitive, Howard, but 6-AAA had one of their own in Brainerd for a while and that didn't make the district weak.

I'm talking A ball. Once again, you didn't know what you were talking about but just had to throw out a smart remark. There are other good players who've signed after playing B but I know you'd disregard them as second-class talents. I'm not talking just from the school here, but from the area outside Hamilton County where you come across as thinking no good ball can be found.

The district will be broken up for next year with realignment but this past season's group had 4 teams with at least one state title and 2 others that have made the state, out of 9 teams. East Ridge in particular has fallen hard but the district had at least 2 this year who would have finished no worse than 3rd in 6-AAA. There's only 1 team that has been consistently non-competitive, Howard, but 6-AAA had one of their own in Brainerd for a while and that didn't make the district weak.

Preach on Indian but it sounds like you are fighting a loosing battle with Wilson.

Preach on Indian but it sounds like you are fighting a loosing battle with Wilson.

He has his opinion.....................I have mine. There's only one difference. My team can beat his team any day. Indian has been promoting Sequatchie Co. and those Valley teams for years, but to no avail. He even tried to put a "B" team together a couple of years ago while he was trying to get respect for the valley teams. If they are so good then why didn't he put an "A" team together?

Maybe Wilson needs to apply and become the coach. Sure he/she has the answer and would never lose a game. This is exactly what is wrong with sports today. People becoming overzealous and think they know it all. These people are why good coaches are leaving the profession.

I wasn't getting paid to run a program in the ground. East Ridge should force there coach to resign also.

He has his opinion.....................I have mine. There's only one difference. My team can beat his team any day. Indian has been promoting Sequatchie Co. and those Valley teams for years, but to no avail. He even tried to put a "B" team together a couple of years ago while he was trying to get respect for the valley teams. If they are so good then why didn't he put an "A" team together?

I only remember Sequatchie and Ooltewah playing one time ever, in the Soddy tournament and you'll be stunned to know which team won.

No, before you say it, that doesn't mean they have a better program just because of one tournament win a few years back. On that date, they were better, and who knows what might happen next year if they meet up in one of the area tournaments.

The team you mentioned was rec, all from one school except for one tournament. They were just playing for fun as most on it did not even play on a school team and weren't out to get looks from college coaches. That's why it wasn't part of the A division. Again, you don't know what you're talking about but continue making yourself look foolish, it's entertaining. You remind me of the coach of a Chattanooga team getting himself thrown out of an Ooltewah tournament game a few years back, because he couldn't stand the sight of his team losing to a valley opponent. That was confirmed by one of his players later. Is it so distressing to realize there might be good ball outside of four or five schools in Hamilton County? Playing good ball doesn't have to mean only winning state titles, I feel sad for you if that's your mentality.

I only remember Sequatchie and Ooltewah playing one time ever, in the Soddy tournament and you'll be stunned to know which team won.

No, before you say it, that doesn't mean they have a better program just because of one tournament win a few years back. On that date, they were better, and who knows what might happen next year if they meet up in one of the area tournaments.

The team you mentioned was rec, all from one school except for one tournament. They were just playing for fun as most on it did not even play on a school team and weren't out to get looks from college coaches. That's why it wasn't part of the A division. Again, you don't know what you're talking about but continue making yourself look foolish, it's entertaining. You remind me of the coach of a Chattanooga team getting himself thrown out of an Ooltewah tournament game a few years back, because he couldn't stand the sight of his team losing to a valley opponent. That was confirmed by one of his players later. Is it so distressing to realize there might be good ball outside of four or five schools in Hamilton County? Playing good ball doesn't have to mean only winning state titles, I feel sad for you if that's your mentality.

Your version of "good" ball is obviously different then mine. Hixson is not in the valley so I expect alot more from them.

Indian don't let Wilson ruffle your headress. All (few exceptions) schools go through rough times. East Ridge was hurt by a dying community. Wilson's Owls should never be down with all the growth in that area over the last 20 years (still growing). Seems to me they should make the state tournament as much or more that SD. Doesn't happen though. Is it coaching or is it demographics? Most of the time...demographics. Tate was a good coach and Mauser at ER can coach when given players. Most of you know the old saying... You can't make chicken salad out of chicken_____! Tate had NO players this year.