District 9-A

Eagles13

Nice call on the upset Cascade10. I've seen both Huntland and Moore Co. play and would have went with Huntland without batting an eye. Who pitched for Huntland and Moore Co... I almost bet that Huntland was looking past.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Moore Co. vs Huntland game in round 1, Moore threw Boyce for 4 innings and Fanning for last 3. Huntland went with their number 2 I believe and he went the distance although I think their 1 and 2 are pretty much equal, both good. Both pitchers struggled a bit early on and Huntland had a chance with bases loaded in the 6th to take the lead but could only get a couple in. Not a bad plan by Moore to split time with their 1 and 2. They get a short break and should each have enough between them to go the distance in round 2. Eagleville will be throwing their number 1 to begin the round 2 game and how they play it from there will depend on if the bats can do anything in the first half of the game against Boyce/Fanning. I think it will be a tight game. The Eagles only threw one pitcher in round 1 and don't really have a set number 2 so they should have 2 or 3 possibilities depending on flow of the game.

Cascade will likely go with their number 1 and it's hard to say what Forrest will do, I don't know if they burnt their number 1 or went with a combination on the mound in the first round. One things for sure Forrest is a dangerous team especially if they get the bats going. I expect Huntland and MTCS to advance in the 2 elimination games but you never know. Love this time of year.

Picks:

MTCS to advance

Cascade in a close one

Huntland to advance

Eagleville in a close one

:lol:

In the Moore Co. vs Huntland game in round 1, Moore threw Boyce for 4 innings and Fanning for last 3. Huntland went with their number 2 I believe and he went the distance although I think their 1 and 2 are pretty much equal, both good. Both pitchers struggled a bit early on and Huntland had a chance with bases loaded in the 6th to take the lead but could only get a couple in. Not a bad plan by Moore to split time with their 1 and 2. They get a short break and should each have enough between them to go the distance in round 2. Eagleville will be throwing their number 1 to begin the round 2 game and how they play it from there will depend on if the bats can do anything in the first half of the game against Boyce/Fanning. I think it will be a tight game. The Eagles only threw one pitcher in round 1 and don't really have a set number 2 so they should have 2 or 3 possibilities depending on flow of the game.

Cascade will likely go with their number 1 and it's hard to say what Forrest will do, I don't know if they burnt their number 1 or went with a combination on the mound in the first round. One things for sure Forrest is a dangerous team especially if they get the bats going. I expect Huntland and MTCS to advance in the 2 elimination games but you never know. Love this time of year.

Picks:

MTCS to advance

Cascade in a close one

Huntland to advance

Eagleville in a close one

:lol:

Forrest threw Brewer for either 5 or 6 innings. The shortstop (#15) finished the game for them. I don't see Brewer coming back to throw today but then again you never know what you will see in tournament play.

Who has the most homeruns in district 9a?

Don't know the answer to this question. I don't recall any district homeruns on the MTCS field by any team. Cascade and Community typically yield a few home runs. Seems like there are a couple of Cascade players with a handful of homeruns and my guess is that Brothers at Forrest has several.

Who do you pick in today's games:

Boyd vs. MTCS (loser goes home)

Forrest vs. Cascade

Community vs. Huntland (loser goes home)

Moore County vs. Eagleville

Who are you picking in round 2?

MTCS should advance versus Boyd. However, Boyd is improved and played fairly close games during the season. MTCS is generally young and has a bit of the jekyl and hyde quality to them. You really never know who is going to show up. Errors seems to come in groups of 3 to 4 for them (maybe they are cheaper in bulk).

Cascade should advance versus Forrest. Cascade should throw one of their top two pitchers and if they play solid D should win by a few runs. Forrest is scrappy and is capable of putting together a lot of hits. I'm not sure what they will do pitching wise (I think they may be a bit thin there with the recent departures from the team).

I think Huntland handles Community without much difficulty. I saw Moore County early in the year and I thought they had 3 pitchers that were about the same. Eagleville will probably throw Smith and he has been tough all year. I expect Eagleville to win but again, it was early in the year when I saw Moore County and they may have improved substantially.

Forrest vs. Cascade

MTCS will win big. They are a good team that got down early in rd 1

Cascade will win with our #1. He has proved he is hard to beat.

Huntland will win big in 5

Moore County pulls off another upset.

Forrest vs. Cascade

MTCS will win big. They are a good team that got down early in rd 1

Cascade will win with our #1. He has proved he is hard to beat.

Huntland will win big in 5

Moore County pulls off another upset.

No so fast Mr. T..Community lost by one